You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BRM

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
Ok been grinding the £1 DYM's for a while now and got my roll up to £67, how many buy-ins should I have to move up to £2+25 ? I was thinking in the £80 region allowing me around 35 buy ins, or would that be to soon thus me having to wait till I hit a 3 digit bank roll ?

Also is their a way to block myself from sky bet and Vegas as before I've had good success plying poker but let myself down by suckling to my gambling needs after a poor run.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Hiya,
    I'm on 80 buy in's but I am being a nit with my br! lol
    40 buys in's should be fine....what did you start with to get it up to £67?
    If I were you I'd move up to the £2 at £80 and if you drop to £40 go back to £1 to rebuild....
    When you get to £120 you could then try the £3 level.

ps, once you get to the £3 levels the rake goes down a little....at the moment you will be paying 15p rake and then 25p rake on the £2 level but only 30p on the £3 which helps a little more :)
    It all depends how the money affects you...if you lose a few games and it makes you miserable then go for 50 buy ins :)

pps, I think I heard on the forum other people blocked bet & vegas but just be carefull that you don't click the wrong bit and block your poker account! lol

Good luck! x
  • edited February 2011
    Cheers for the response, started at £35 effectively but I've seen improvements in my reads ect so feeling more confident. Probably wait till £80-£85 then to move up. Wouldn't mind being more a BMR nit especially as i've got plenty of time on my hands for the next month or so.

I imagine you play a fair few table at a time ? Just about mastered 2 tables perhaps make the move to 4 tables when I can trust my concentration more.

And yes will look into blocking bet and vegas, you know it's bad when you put your whole account on a game of virtual football !!!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    I play 4 tables but I was on 2-3 not that long ago, I'd only add 1 more when you are crushing the games and finding it feeling slow...don't jump straight from 2 to 4 as it can feel hecktic if they all reach bubble at similar times! Even staggering them may help...open 2 and then when you get to level 4-5 open 2 more. You can more or less ignore most of the hands on the new games whilst you concentrate on cashing on the 1st two :)
  • edited February 2011
    It's up to you mate but I think you can very safely move up now. 25 buy-ins is absolutely fine in my opinion at any level.
  • edited February 2011
    Unlike Bananadog im not a BR nit and play 10-20BI depending on what players are around at that time, i treat dyms like cash and if theres 3-4 people in and its a higer level than i usually play just now e.g. £5.50 where i know alot of names from previous times when i had a BR i may play in that despite if i  lose it hurts my BR more.

Its all player dependant though im comfortable reloading so therefore ill play less BIs than those who arent. If your not so comfortable more BIs are better, However i know Bananadog has done very well with her Extreme BR plan and she does offer some very good advice too.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: BRM:
    Unlike Bananadog im not a BR nit and play 10-20BI depending on what players are around at that time, i treat dyms like cash and if theres 3-4 people in and its a higer level than i usually play just now e.g. £5.50 where i know alot of names from previous times when i had a BR i may play in that despite if i  lose it hurts my BR more. Its all player dependant though im comfortable reloading so therefore ill play less BIs than those who arent. If your not so comfortable more BIs are better, However i know Bananadog has done very well with her Extreme BR plan and she does offer some very good advice too.
    Posted by The_Don90
    lol Don I may snap and blow it all in a massive HU game against nutter! hahaha
    I do have a slightly nitty br management thing going on don't I...but I don't reload, if you can easily reload without it hurting you then that's also an option where you can just go for it at a higher level and see how quick you can build it and if it all goes wrong just stick another £20-£50 back in :)
  • edited February 2011

Bananadog has trained her body to fall asleep after 1 bottle of beer.

That's how nitty she is, a crate will last her 3 months.   ;)
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: BRM : lol Don I may snap and blow it all in a massive HU game against nutter! hahaha I do have a slightly nitty br management thing going on don't I...but I don't reload, if you can easily reload without it hurting you then that's also an option where you can just go for it at a higher level and see how quick you can build it and if it all goes wrong just stick another £20-£50 back in :)
    Posted by BananaDog
    I wouldnt say im that comfortabe that i can reload £20 - £50 every time i bust lol. I just dont mind reloading when i mess up playing a nutter HU lol.
  • edited February 2011
    Bananadog has trained her body to fall asleep after 1 bottle of beer. That's how nitty she is, a crate will last her 3 months.   ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol...I actually remembered about my xmas day beer and finally had it last night, had half a can and almost fell asleep and had to stop playing early and go to bed!!!!! I threw the other half can down the sink and 3 more left...wonder if I'll have any left by next xmas!
  • edited February 2011
    Salad Face, have a read of Irish Rover's blogs, particularly about the ones about BRM and the sharkscope tournament selecter.

You might find that playing 2 x £2.25 DYM's with the help of sharkscope is more profitable than playing 4 random DYM's at £1.15.

You do still need to be aware of what's going on with the sharkscope selected tables. I sat down for a £5 fish supper the other night to find Dohhhhhh at the table, although I still cashed.