You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM bubble, QQ facing shove on KKJ flop

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ok as this is a dym bubble maybe i should have shoved pre, but i was big stack and was happy to take a flop.

The opponent has been very laggy, and was pretty active. As the flop comes paired with a K im pretty sure im ahead, less combos my opponent can have etc.

But when i cbet half pot, which i should have made more i admit, im doing this more for value, rather than anything.

Then they shove, does a K really shove?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceThe_Don90Small blind 50.0050.004695.00xBig blind 100.00150.002840.00 Your hole cardsQQ   Penguin09Fold    weejimFold    The_Don90Raise 250.00400.004445.00xCall 200.00600.002640.00Flop  JKK   The_Don90Bet 300.00900.004145.00xAll-in 2640.003540.000.00The_Don90??????????

Comments

• edited February 2011

What are penguin and weejams stacks?
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM bubble, QQ facing shove on KKJ flop:
    What are penguin and weejams stacks?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Penguin was around 1500 and weejams was arond the 3200 mark i think.

Weejams was also pretty active, Penguin has folded every hand bar one where he raised pre and a couple of BB hands that got checked down.
  • edited February 2011
    Mayb his on flush draw? he might think he can rep the king but if he gets called he stil has outs, You can only really call if your strong, hard decision, I think im calling tho :D
  • edited February 2011

2 different questions here for me....

1) What sort of hands does he have?

2) Should you call even if you are aheead of that range of hands at the moment?

Not farmiliar with dyms, having played a few today, question 1 is alot easier for me to answwer than question 2.
  • edited February 2011
    call and laugh when he turns over 9j/j10/qj/aj
  • edited February 2011
    i think it's a fold, you say that weejim and "x" have been active, penguin is short, so just sit back and let one of them get knocked out, especially as you still have over 4k.
  • edited February 2011
    I think you've played this fine. I would call, it looks for all the world like the guys on a Jack. Even if you lose you're still 3/4. I think all the times he's got a K, or a draw that gets there and you go on to lose the game will be more than made up for by the times he shows you a bare Jack.
  • edited February 2011
    Being a DYM and being in the position I am (stack-wise) I'd probably fold there as I don't need to take risks. 
    I would never have min-raised PF though.

• edited February 2011
    Being a DYM and being in the position I am (stack-wise) I'd probably fold there as I don't need to take risks.  I would never have min-raised PF though.  
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    i didnt min raise i made it 300 @ 50/100
  • edited February 2011
    Apololologise I mis-read
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM bubble, QQ facing shove on KKJ flop : i didnt min raise i made it 300 @ 50/100
    Posted by The_Don90
    I would say 300 is to small. If i have QQ im betting 900 telling the other players i have something and you better be willing to go all in on the flop because i am.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM bubble, QQ facing shove on KKJ flop : I would say 300 is to small. If i have QQ im betting 900 telling the other players i have something and you better be willing to go all in on the flop because i am.
    Posted by myg0tDeath
    so your on SB with QQ on 4 handed table great hand and its folded to you, with just one opponent left to act behind at your going to raise 9xBB, no offence but if im doing that im shoving as i hate a bare A or K on the flop.
  • edited February 2011

My initial reaction is FOLD.

But I really respect JohnConnor's advice in these and he says to call. Wish i had not read his post before commenting. (makes me doubt myself, but hey ho)

I think we beat the villains range of hands comfortably because you say he has been very active. But, I still don't think i would take the risk to call for the following reasons.

1. The stack dynamics. We have more than enough to cruise to the cash (barring disasters), and we are taking on player who has enough chips to do our stack serious damage if we lose. Also if you double him up, you will find it hard to steal from the cut-off.

2. His Range of hands include stuff that crush us ( i do believe he would shove back with random K's) OR with hands like AJ and random flush draws where he has good equity to bink.

3. The blinds are still at 50/100. Loads of time innit:)

4. Im a risk adverse nit!

Basically, I think by folding we can guarantee a cash more often than if we call. I am not basing this on maths (wish i could!), just experience and feeling.

I dont like a shove pre unless he has 15bbs or less. 28 is too many.

• edited February 2011
    Yh snap shove preflop, takes away awkward situ's like this. On flop I'd probably fold as you cam't be sure you're ahead and you still have over 4k which from what I remember playing them is the bingo number in DYM's i.e you've pretty much won.
  • edited February 2011
    I am folding. no point risking your stack especially with the k's there. Just play it steady and cash!