You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

1st post-was i right to fold?

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
i'm new to sky poker but have been watching the channel for a while now.  i've got a hand that i would appreciate some analysis on. hand number: 342909530.  i've put hand in below, hopefully the way it should be put in to a post.

paultimeSmall blind £0.05£0.05£8.53bluffu328Big blind £0.10£0.15£20.92 Your hole cardsQQ   ken1955Call £0.10£0.25£3.90win_avtarRaise £0.40£0.65£11.04StevieT202Fold    paultimeFold    bluffu328Call £0.30£0.95£20.62ken1955Call £0.30£1.25£3.60Flop  946   bluffu328Check    ken1955Check    win_avtarBet £0.80£2.05£10.24bluffu328Raise £1.60£3.65£19.02ken1955Fold    win_avtarCall £0.80£4.45£9.44Turn  4   bluffu328Check    win_avtarCheck    River  A   bluffu328Bet £4.45£8.90£14.57win_avtarFold    bluffu328Muck    bluffu328Win £4.11 £18.68
i played hand badly in my opinion. pre flop raise by me was standard, but could have been more given that bluffu328 and ken1955 were doing a lot of calling.
on flop was pretty sure i had best hand so bet again maybe should have been bigger.  when min raise came from bluffu i suspected he had pair of 9s.  but i made mistake of only calling.  i guess he could have had trips.
on river he bet pot, now i'm thinkin 2 pair aces and nines.  the reason i think he has a hand is because of a previous hand we had he put in a similar size bet with 2 pair.
your guys opinions on how i should have played this hand and whether the fold was correct would be appreciated.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    if you have people calling your standard raises alot then make them bigger with big hands pre.

re-raise flop imo its a click raise from opponent which is usually an indication that your beat at these levels but people do get attached to TPTK so A9 is likley.

I would certainly be betting the turn.

As played you have to fold river imo.

I rekon opponent two paired on the river with A9 and youd have lost more getting it in on the flop, but that doesnt mean to say its not the correct play.
  • edited February 2011
    Preflop is fine. Flop I'd bet slightly bigger £0.90-1.10 and when they raise, reraise and try and get it in there.

On turn after he checks why do you just check, what are you scared of ?

If I was playing it I would never get to the river but anyway when he pot bets like that after being fairly weak throughout (apart from awful minraise on flop) it probably means he has the Ace but again you should NOT let the hand get to this point. Bet BIG to price them out.
  • edited February 2011
    Hi win avatar and welcome to the site,i think you had to bet the turn in this hand and then you would have known where you stood with this hand and could possibly have taken it down there and then.It looks like he got lucky on the river and you had to fold.
  • edited February 2011
    thanks for the feedback.  by river i put him on 2 pair so folded.  i didnt bet turn because i was a bit unsure of where i stood especially against this player who had shown a willingness to do a lot of reraising. still i should have bet turn as suggested.