You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i'v finally cracked lol

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
Well guys and girls  since makin my firtst 90 pound investment in poker 2 year ago due to constant playing any spare time i had  iv recently become dissilusioned with the game i thot i'd never tire of so iv emptied my 3 accounts  and its time to bid u all farewell for now im sure i'll be back when im feelin refreshed :) what i want to know though is those of you who experienced this issue   how did you deal in overcoming it ??? i dont look forward to playing anymore and breaks my heart lol thanks

Comments

• edited February 2011
    ^^^^ 3 accounts as in different site not just sky before yall start geting paranoid lol
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to i'v finally cracked lol:
    Well guys and girls  since makin my firtst 90 pound investment in poker 2 year ago due to constant playing any spare time i had  iv recently become dissilusioned with the game i thot i'd never tire of so iv emptied my 3 accounts  and its time to bid u all farewell for now im sure i'll be back when im feelin refreshed :) what i want to know though is those of you who experienced this issue   how did you deal in overcoming it ??? i dont look forward to playing anymore and breaks my heart lol thanks
    Posted by JGIBBRFC
    if you are not enjoying playing have a good length of time off.
    i have played a lot less lately due to the fact i have not enjoyed it so much.(meaning i keep getting sucked out on and sulk)

just play a couple of games/sessions a week and you will soon be itching to get back into it again.

gl,dave
  • edited February 2011
    Well guys and girls  since makin my firtst 90 pound investment in poker 2 year ago due to constant playing any spare time i had lol iv recently become dissilusioned with the game i thot i'd never tire of so iv emptied my 3 accounts  and its time to bid u all farewell for now im sure i'll be back when im feelin refreshed :) what i want to know though is those of you who experienced this issue is how did u deal with it  any1 else had this problem and how did you deal in overcoming it ??? i dont look forward to playing anymore and breaks my heart lol thanks
    Posted by JGIBBRFC
    This isn't good...........

It wont take long before you're itching for a game though.

Take time out from playing, but read a book or something, and you'll be cHomping at the bit to get back into the game and try out the new ideas you have.

If you want, PM me, I'll send you a book, and you'll be back as soon as you've read the first 4 chapters ;)

• edited February 2011
    What book is that DOHHHHHHHHH if you don't mind me asking ?

Or is it a secret ?
  • edited February 2011
    Have a good break if you need and if you really want to play but also don't want to at the same time (if your a grinder) then maybe just open a cheapy tourney and have a 'fun' game instead :)
  • edited February 2011
    Hi mate ive played you alot over the last few months.

Don't leave for good, just take a break.

I got like you and was getting fed up with it, so I play alot less now.

Take say a week away and I bet by then you will be itching to get back.

Ps. get away from 8nl if you can!!!! It will drive you nuts otherwise!!
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah i've also seen you a fair bit on the 2/4 tables. You seem like a solid player.
  • edited February 2011
    why dont i get a book!!! :-O
  • edited February 2011
    Ive got the chronicles of narnia bookset if you want? ;)
  • edited February 2011
    Posted by JGIBBRFC
    Its probably to much play and having a seemingly bad run , which you know will take ages to back - thats where I am right now - and It sucks

definatley time for a brk I,d say - and see how you feel in a week - read Dohhhs book and you,ll be back enjoying it again before you know it, but just maybe cut it down a bit

Any chance you can tell us what the book is Dohh or PM me - Any sort of help right now wiould be appreciated

• edited February 2011
    Dohhhhhhhh can read ???

Wonders never cease!
  • edited February 2011
    thanks for the input guys well a wasnt gettin the same buzz from it as before and i went on a real bad run kinda broke my spirit but yeah am gonna hav at least 3 weeks away from online and jus play 1nce a week in the local i should be back in no time at all hopefully with the same zest i had if not more :) cheers 
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: i'v finally cracked lol:
    In Response to i'v finally cracked lol : if you are not enjoying playing have a good length of time off. i have played a lot less lately due to the fact i have not enjoyed it so much.(meaning i keep getting sucked out on and sulk) just play a couple of games/sessions a week and you will soon be itching to get back into it again. gl,dave
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    cheers davey 3 weeks should do it and ur right bout the sulking bit alright lol 
  • edited February 2011
    Have a good break if you need and if you really want to play but also don't want to at the same time (if your a grinder) then maybe just open a cheapy tourney and have a 'fun' game instead :)
    Posted by BananaDog
    yeah jus gonna hav a lil freroll here and ther to control the withdrawal symptoms lol cheers
  • edited February 2011
    Hi mate ive played you alot over the last few months. Don't leave for good, just take a break. I got like you and was getting fed up with it, so I play alot less now. Take say a week away and I bet by then you will be itching to get back. Ps. get away from 8nl if you can!!!! It will drive you nuts otherwise!!
    Posted by donkeyplop
    thanks for the introduction i forgot who u wer for a second ther lols i,v been playin a lot less mate bt still no got the feeling i shud av back so its a clear break for few weeks i'll be back defo mate so i can spike a king on the river and stack ur as s again lol take it easy mate and good luck with the newborn wel meet again :) 
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to i'v finally cracked lol : Its probably to much play and having a seemingly bad run , which you know will take ages to back - thats where I am right now - and It sucks definatley time for a brk I,d say - and see how you feel in a week - read Dohhhs book and you,ll be back enjoying it again before you know it, but just maybe cut it down a bit Any chance you can tell us what the book is Dohh or PM me - Any sort of help right now wiould be appreciated
    Posted by MP33
    yeah MP its took a real bad run to realise its gettin the better of me so time to clear the head of poker for few weeks then al b good as new :) cheers

• edited February 2011
    In Response to i'v finally cracked lol : This isn't good........... It wont take long before you're itching for a game though. Take time out from playing, but read a book or something, and you'll be cHomping at the bit to get back into the game and try out the new ideas you have. If you want, PM me, I'll send you a book, and you'll be back as soon as you've read the first 4 chapters ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    good man dohhhh ;)
  • edited February 2011
    Are you back yet???????
  • edited February 2011
    Good luck Gibb! We have played a few times and you seem like a good player, take some time out and come back  fresh and de tilted :)

Your namesake,

Gibbo
  • edited February 2011
    playing at the lower limits can get you like this especially if you are on a bad run.
    seen you on the nl4 tables where wild variance is a way of life!!
    taking a break is a good idea, get things in perspective, and come back fighting.

GL
  • edited February 2011
    Are you back yet???????
    Posted by donkeyplop
    lol no mate defo taking at least 3 weeks out jus havin few freerolls to keep the withdrawal symptoms at bay dont worry you can take my cash some other time lol 
  • edited February 2011
    Good luck Gibb! We have played a few times and you seem like a good player, take some time out and come back  fresh and de tilted :) Your namesake, Gibbo
    Posted by the_gibb
    cheers gibb thats the idea only took me 4 years  to get to this stage so cant say its not been coming lol cya next time ;)
  • edited February 2011
    playing at the lower limits can get you like this especially if you are on a bad run. seen you on the nl4 tables where wild variance is a way of life!! taking a break is a good idea, get things in perspective, and come back fighting. GL
    Posted by walesboy
    its not that mate i know the pitfalls of the the lower limits all too well its just a burnout that kinda took me by surprise im sure i'll be fixed in no time thanks for the input :)