You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Easy fold?

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
bandini Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £11.45
 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £3.54
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

villain Call  £0.08 £0.20 £10.53
 Fold     
 Fold     
 Raise  £0.24 £0.44 £7.75
bandini Call  £0.20 £0.64 £11.25
 Call  £0.16 £0.80 £3.38
villainCall  £0.16 £0.96 £10.37
Flop

• Q

bandini Bet  £0.72 £1.68 £10.53
 Fold     
villain Call  £0.72 £2.40 £9.65
 Fold     
Turn

bandini Bet  £1.80 £4.20 £8.73
villain Raise  £7.80
Pre flop : Is the call ok? Is this a viable spot for a re-raise? Is a fold even an option as I've oft found the AQ to be the most impertinent of hands and rarely does what it's told.

Flop : Got to bet it right? Villain's call had alarm bells ringing but my guess was flush draw.

Turn : Got to bet again right? But then the scoundrel fires a re-raise at me and I'm in a qundary. I've no tells on the player other than he hasn't done anything spectacular in the short time I was at the table. So what does his pre limp-call mean? Suited connectors? Small pair? I just dunno.

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    it is a strong raise on the turn, it looks to me like he has either flopped a small flush or has a set and his raise may be in case he puts you on flush draw, either way you have to fold here imo 
  • edited February 2011
    Preflop is ok.

Flop good solid bet with TPTK.

Turn another decent bet, the 8 changes nothing from what I can see so it's basically a slow played set or the flopped flush, but no-one flops them right....? You still have TPTK and this is one up from 4NL so he could have anything. But from what I found at these levels when ever a player raises and especially big like this they ususaulyl have the nuts or are at least beating top pair, hence I'd make a you bloody (swear word) fold followed by so sick typed in the chat box.