You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sheffield United v Crystal Palace

edited February 2011 in The Football Corner
Alright guys just got back from Palace, what a day out arrive in London at 9 found a weatherspoons and cemented my bum in a seat in there whilst watching the Chelsea and Everton game.

Onto the Football once again United from box to box where the best team! In the first half there wasnt much going on United didnt have many chances but got into some great areas but as always not enough men in the box and the final ball was shocking. Can only remember Palace having one or two shots at goal cant remember them hitting the target.

Then the Second half Palace came out the stronger and the game was pritty end to end till mid way through a great piece of magic from Darren Ambrose (one of the goals of season in my eyes).

When Palace scored United just semt to shut down and as always reverted to the old long ball that we use to play under Blackwell. In my eyes the passion just doesn't seem to there by the players, lacking the passion where players such as Morgan would have give us, what do you Blades think?

I will be going to Scunthorpe also on Tuesday night, if we lose that I hate to say it but yes relegation is looking extreamly likely, again what do you Blades think?

Just a thread to see what the fellow Blades of the community think
Thanks Again
Jimmy The Blade

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Jimmy
    No doubt about it mate Morgan a massive miss for the morale of the team on the pitch but I'm sure he is doing all he can off it.
    Tuesday night is the most important game for us in the last 2 years if we fail to win this then looks almost certain we will be playin the pigs again next season if they manage to stay up and they should. I just hope we can repay Scunny for the home result!
    I did hope that Bertie being back at the lane would have a positive response on the field but early days I suppose and he always was a long ball merchant.
    Sad sad times mate Sheffield looks like becoming a third class footballing city and both clubs with debts in the 10s of millions and little hope of paying these debts off medium term.
    Well I will say this mate the best time I had after Currie and co was following the Blades in the lower divisions (hmmm before I was married and kids) hardly missed a game.
    Personally Jim I think the board should take a long hard look at the decisions they have taken over the last year or so I think they have a distinct lack of ambition albeit driven by the financial position.
    Sorry to be so negative mate but hard to be positive as things stand.

Ray
  • edited February 2011

How many pints did you fit in between 9 and kick off?

Used to love away days with Donny.......
  • edited February 2011
    Well DOHHH started supping at 9 got around 6/7 pints in then....

The dreaded Ring of Fire drinking game took place, that was a killer especially when I was the most unluckiest person there!

Got to say DOHHH either United or Donny been brill this season your not playing your usual pass teams off the park game, what you think?