You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What are best/most profitable sit and tournaments

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi

I mostly play cash, however, was thinking of trying some sit and goes or touraments, which ones are the most profitable and have the best structure (i.e. the blinds dont go up so quickly that it doesnt become a game of bingo)

cheers,

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to What are best/most profitable sit and tournaments:
    Hi I mostly play cash, however, was thinking of trying some sit and goes or touraments, which ones are the most profitable and have the best structure (i.e. the blinds dont go up so quickly that it doesnt become a game of bingo) cheers,
    Posted by hamster880
    The best sit and go's imo are the heads up ones. You dont have to wait ages for a table to fill and if you are a half decent player you can make a tidy profit.

There are turbos for the action junkies like me and a slower blind structure for more conservative players.

• edited February 2011

Turbos are definitely better at 1/2/5/10 quid levels for HU.

You can spend 40 minutes grinding down a passive fish with 10 minute blinds, or you can play him 7 times in a turbo during that time and win 5 or 6.

Also the rake is only 5%, so the games are more profitable than dyms.
  • edited February 2011
    And what about the tournaments any of them worth doing???

In Response to Re: What are best/most profitable sit and tournaments:
    Turbos are definitely better at 1/2/5/10 quid levels for HU. You can spend 40 minutes grinding down a passive fish with 10 minute blinds, or you can play him 7 times in a turbo during that time and win 5 or 6. Also the rake is only 5%, so the games are more profitable than dyms.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
  • edited February 2011
    I dunno what ur roll is..... (im not asking u to tell me either...)............

Don't touch bounty hunters........

The £5 tournys at 3/5/6pm are realllllllllllllllly good value.

The 8-15 £5.50 deepstack is the same.

The TSP classic at 9 is always full of plonkers too, but that starts too late for me as I'm always leathered and donk off after the 2nd break.

The main events depend alot on your table draw, some v good players play in it, but also loads of donks, so if you wanna pay the money, you take your chance. 

I don't bother with them though as I can't concentrate for 4 hours+ something always goes wrong.

then theres a couple more £5 250 gtd tournies just after midnight, I play those too, they're a shocking standard, but unfortunately by that time of night, I am too.

Cash in!.....