You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mid stage MTT - AK in BB - Take a flip here?

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
The only reason I'm posting this hand is because the opponent in question here is Greghogg (he's given me permission to leave his name in btw).

Given his image should this always be a snap call here? Against 99% of other players I can't call this quick enough but given Gregs image is there an argument for at least considering a fold here? TBH I really thought I'd be up against a pair so my real decision was whether or not to take a flip.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  100.00 100.00 1715.00
silentbob Big blind  200.00 300.00 5795.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

Fold     
GREGHOGG All-in  3415.00 3715.00 0.00
 Fold     
 Fold     
silentbob Snal Call?    

Comments

• edited February 2011

You make the mistake of assuming you are flipping at best.

When really, the worst you could be is flipping.

This is a SUPER DUPER "SNAP CALL"
  • edited February 2011
    the way greg plays it's probably a smallish pair, but it could easily be suited cons or a strong ace/king, it's a straight up shove. I call a million times, then once more for good measure- just because greg has a tight image doesn't mean he won't shove light, he just won't reshove/call allin without a pretty hot hand.
  • edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011
    Snap, snap, snap, go and snap some spaghetti then snap call.
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks peeps

I did call & the main reason for this post was really to see whether it should have been an instant call as I took my time a bit.

I apologised to Greg at the time cos he thought I was slow rolling & I'll quite happily apologise again now cos that really wasn't my intention. It was simply because it was for a large chunk of my stack & it was against Greg so I had to be sure in my own mind before calling it off.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Mid stage MTT - AK in BB - Take a flip here?:
    Thanks peeps I did call & the main reason for this post was really to see whether it should have been an instant call as I took my time a bit. I apologised to Greg at the time cos he thought I was slow rolling & I'll quite happily apologise again now cos that really wasn't my intention. It was simply because it was for a large chunk of my stack & it was against Greg so I had to be sure in my own mind before calling it off.
    Posted by silentbob
    Yh, I'd consider longer than 2 seconds a slow roll tbf.
  • edited February 2011

Jay,.....

nits are nits, and if this was 10/20, 20/40, 25/50, I would argue the case to fold.....

But even nits have to adapt their shoving range when 15xbb deep......

So if you had a hand like AJs/99/TT.........these are the tricky-ish hands in this spot............

But AK is well ahead of any nits jamming range w/17xbb.....a nit would probably raise to induce with the nuts anyway, as he plays so few hands, he needs to get paid when he has them.

.....And Hogg isn't a nit, which means it's an even easier call.....altho I wud spend 8 seconds teasing him, telling him im gonna call and he's drawing dead already.

Then the poker Gods will f*k me over.

It obviously wasn't a slowroll, coz to slowroll you have to have the intention of taking your time to rub it in the opponents face.

I'm surprised you found this a tough call, even though I do believe you.
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks for posting this hand Bob.

I know your not the sort to slowroll, my comment was tongue in cheek.

Sorry if i made you feel bad, again this wasnt my intention.

how did you get on in the end did you cash?

And Dohhhhhh said im NOT a nit! i have that in writing hehe. He would never admit to taking a beating from a nit HU, so i guess thats why he thinks im no longer a nit lol;.
  • edited February 2011
    What did you have Gregg?
  • edited February 2011
    What did you have Gregg?
    Posted by christiann
    A10 hearts

• edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011
    super fist pump happy times.
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks for posting this hand Bob. I know your not the sort to slowroll, my comment was tongue in cheek. Sorry if i made you feel bad, again this wasnt my intention. how did you get on in the end did you cash? And Dohhhhhh said im NOT a nit! i have that in writing hehe. He would never admit to taking a beating from a nit HU, so i guess thats why he thinks im no longer a nit lol;.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    No worries mate

This was about as good as it got for me after this. No one wanted to pay me off for my big hands & on the ofew occasions I managed to find a spot to try & steal I chose the wrong ones! managed a small cash though so not all bad.