You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ERATIC PLAY.

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
HOW DO I STOP MY ERATIC PLAY.

more often than not,im in a tourny doing ok ,then without warning get a sudden rush of blood to my head, and try out play some 1 with garbage.end up shoving the lot in .then im out.
Dont get me wrong,im not always eratic have won 5,or 6 tournies,cashed out in many more.
now the problem is i know what im doing wrong,but any ideas on how to stop it.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to ERATIC PLAY.:
    HOW DO I STOP MY ERATIC PLAY. more often than not,im in a tourny doing ok ,then without warning get a sudden rush of blood to my head, and try out play some 1 with garbage.end up shoving the lot in .then im out. Dont get me wrong,im not always eratic have won 5,or 6 tournies,cashed out in many more. now the problem is i know what im doing wrong,but any ideas on how to stop it.
    Posted by thejudge10
    This is a tough one. I too have self destructed by doing the exact same thing.

I have found its not so much a problem with my play, but rather someone elses. I can only identify it as a "reaction" rather than an action. For instance, you can be having a very solid game, but something will trigger a reaction. This may be a table that you have just joined or a player that has joined your table.

Next time it happens, try to identify the type of player that caused this "Reaction".

I tend to find I try to outplay players who have been serial raising with air hands or nothing more than Ace rag. The next thing I know, I get involved in a hand with them, only to find i've commited all my chips on a bluff with an absolute garbage hand and self destruct.

Once you have identified the type of player or play that has caused this reaction, its much easier to stop yourself from doin it. If I see the kind of player or play that causes me to self destruct, I make a note on that player as soon as possible and try not to engage unless I have the goods.

Good Luck
  • edited February 2011

print of a couple of these rushes of blood hand historys and have them close at hand to remind you its not big and its not clever

• edited February 2011
    right i do this here and there and if im doing good enough and start to get that devilish feel about me, i click the away button and give myself 3 or 4 minutes away, keeping a eye on the game still just in case i hit a great hand. Probably not as good advice as pokertrev or badboy but every player will find there own way.
  • edited February 2011
    must admit i have never done it(sober) in mtts, cash plenty of times but i know i can reload. only advice i can give is play cash or rebuy tournys (cant believe i am advocating rebuys!!!)