You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's TSP Classic

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
Well, it's a night off from Sky Poker for me so I thought I'd spend it...playing on Sky Poker.

I'm gonna give the TSP Classic a whirl at 9pm, but crucially will be playing on my own account with my own money so- if ever a deep run in the tourney was needed, tonight is the night!

I'll be playing therefore under the alias ricorford.

Look forward to seeing you at the tables!

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Tonight's TSP Classic:
    Well, it's a night off from Sky Poker for me so I thought I'd spend it...playing on Sky Poker. I'm gonna give the TSP Classic a whirl at 9pm, but crucially will be playing on my own account with my own money so- if ever a deep run in the tourney was needed, tonight is the night! I'll be playing therefore under the alias ricorford. Look forward to seeing you at the tables!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Orford the Donkey how r u? :). Rich why did you keep letting Ian Frazer own you on the show last week :-O, Great guest wasn't he. He reminds me of the advert for John Smiths - "No nonsense".

I will also be playing the TSP Classic tonight and I'm actually on duty will also be playing some cash @ 9pm 25p-50p. (Sorry to hack your thread Rich no-one ever writes on mine :'-( )
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Tonight's TSP Classic:
    Well, it's a night off from Sky Poker for me so I thought I'd spend it...playing on Sky Poker. I'm gonna give the TSP Classic a whirl at 9pm, but crucially will be playing on my own account with my own money so- if ever a deep run in the tourney was needed, tonight is the night! I'll be playing therefore under the alias ricorford. Look forward to seeing you at the tables!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Mr Orford and ljamesl why not give the forum DTD a go too Your Capt. and RobbieRott both in as well as a good few TKPers could be a good night
  • edited February 2011
    GL Rich. Apathy  0  motivation ftw! :)  x
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Tonight's TSP Classic:
    In Response to Tonight's TSP Classic : Orford the Donkey how r u? :). Rich why did you keep letting Ian Frazer own you on the show last week :-O, Great guest wasn't he. He reminds me of the advert for John Smiths - "No nonsense". I will also be playing the TSP Classic tonight and I'm actually on duty will also be playing some cash @ 9pm 25p-50p. (Sorry to hack your thread Rich no-one ever writes on mine :'-( )
    Posted by lJAMESl

Nice one Jimmy The Fish ;)

Look out for me on the final table then. I’ll be the one robbing you blind.

As for the Ian Fraser show- tut, tut James, I’d have thought by now you’d have worked out that my deliberate divvy comments on poker are purely designed to (a) make the guests and analysts look good by giving them the chance to throw a comedy insult at me and (b) allow them the opportunity to explain simple poker basics to the less educated viewers, who won't feel stupid because they think that I’m the one who’s stupid.

So, as you can see, I’m actually generously making myself look bad to big up other people.

Some might say that’s the action of a hero.

I, of course, am too modest to pass comment on this.

(Phew- I think I’ve got that one through!)

On a serious note- agreed- Ian Fraser was excellent, as have been all our guests. Hope I get to do Paul Jackson’s show as well- I suspect he’ll also be blunt, educational and entertaining. Plus of course, he’s a fellow West Brom fan ;)

• edited February 2011
    GL Rich. Apathy  0  motivation ftw! :)  x
    Posted by TiaDalma

I can't be bothered to reply to this.

;)
    x
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Tonight's TSP Classic : Mr Orford and ljamesl why not give the forum DTD a go too Your Capt. and RobbieRott both in as well as a good few TKPers could be a good night
    Posted by scouse_red
    Hi Chris,

Only playing the TSP tonight but will bear this one in mind when I'm next doing Play The Presenter :)

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Tonight's TSP Classic : Nice one Jimmy The Fish ;) Look out for me on the final table then. I’ll be the one robbing you blind. As for the Ian Fraser show- tut, tut James, I’d have thought by now you’d have worked out that my deliberate divvy comments on poker are purely designed to (a) make the guests and analysts look good by giving them the chance to throw a comedy insult at me and (b) allow them the opportunity to explain simple poker basics to the less educated viewers, who won't feel stupid because they think that I’m the one who’s stupid. So, as you can see, I’m actually generously making myself look bad to big up other people. Some might say that’s the action of a hero. I, of course am too modest to pass comment on this. (Phew- I think I’ve got it through!) On a serious note- agreed- Ian Fraser was excellent, as have been all our guests. Hope I get to do Paul Jackson’s show as well- I suspect he’ll also be blunt, educational and entertaining. Plus of course, he’s a fellow West Brom fan ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Rich I never doubted you, what you give back to the poker community is more saint like than herioc. Your charity is much appreciated.

As for Paul Jackson an interesting fact about him he's one of the 1st people ever to bankroll me for DTD when I 1st started playing a few years ago. Hes a top bloke and a decent player too!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Tonight's TSP Classic : Rich I never doubted you, what you give back to the poker community is more saint like than herioc. Your charity is much appreciated. As for Paul Jackson an interesting fact about him he's one of the 1st people ever to bankroll me for DTD when I 1st started playing a few years ago. Hes a top bloke and a decent player too!
    Posted by lJAMESl

Indeed, James. In fact it's very similar to what you give back to the fashion industry... ;)

Before the advent of Sky Poker, I started out playing poker on another well-known site which Mr. Jackson was already a legend on. So 'ActionJack' was actually one of my early poker heroes.
  • edited February 2011
    Did alot of lads go broke on there ;-)
  • edited February 2011
    Did alot of lads go broke on there ;-)
    Posted by lJAMESl

Nope, just the one. 

Me.
  • edited February 2011

1NewAlias2000  22web222000  andrew19472000  bburrows242000  BigAlex2000  BOXERMICK2000  BrettFavre2000  capboy2000  cheekydeke2000  chriscardy2000  cottlad2000  D42000  dunni182000  galls162000  gizmokid2000  greenbeany2000  Hatchet2000  holdmnweep2000  kamakazi12000  KOPKING2000  LML2000  nsc012000  paddle792000  phil12uk2000  Powelly332000  Raynez2000  Redvers2000  RicOrford2000  ringstein2000  rogie2000  scotty772000  Sharksbite2000  sizzling2000  SoLack

Just 109 minutes left to get in!!

Last longer then Orford????
  • edited February 2011
    Last longer then Orford????
    Posted by LML

Actually by chance, I was just looking for a ridiculously easy way to make money when this popped up, so thanks for that LM.

The last-longer is ON!

What's the stakes/forfeit?

How about the loser has to announce on the next show:

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. My name is Lisa-Marie. I'd like to start tonight's show by simply saying that Richard Orford absolutely owned me on the poker tables this week. The man is a god."

Obviously the names can be changed if the result is different. but to be honest I thought I'd save time by writing out what we both know will be the eventual script.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Tonight's TSP Classic : Actually by chance, I was just looking for a ridiculously easy way to make money when this popped up, so thanks for that LM. The last-longer is ON! What's the stakes/forfeit? How about the loser has to announce on the next show: "Good evening ladies and gentlemen. My name is Lisa-Marie. I'd like to start tonight's show by simply saying that Richard Orford absolutely owned me on the poker tables this week. The man is a god." Obviously the names can be changed if the result is different. but to be honest I thought I'd save time by writing out what we both know will be the eventual script.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    DONE!!!! Loser.
  • edited February 2011
    Kelty 25-50p if u fancy it Rich, LML?
  • edited February 2011
    Kelty 25-50p if u fancy it Rich, LML?
    Posted by lJAMESl

Doooood!! I would but my play is making me FRUSTRATED this evening! Another time?!!
  • edited February 2011
    looking good atm Ric ;-) take it down!!
  • edited February 2011
    UL Rich, wp  x
  • edited February 2011
    Ah, thanks guys.

Was Top 10 pretty much the whole tourney and didn't feel like I did much wrong. So close to pushing on with a big stack when I fell- my AK all-in got called and rivered by AJ.

Finished 13th/193 in the end. A respectable showing, and a victim of the vagaries of poker on this occasion. i.e. not my usual self-destruction.

And enjoyed it too! :)