You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

you know you are running well when....

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
tez104Small blind £0.10£0.10£40.05falstaffBig blind £0.20£0.30£7.69 Your hole cards10Q   TheDentRaise £0.60£0.90£14.28pod1Call £0.60£1.50£34.87haidyboyFold    RockettAceFold    tez104Call £0.50£2.00£39.55falstaffFold    Flop  10QJ   tez104Check    TheDentCheck    pod1Bet £2.40£4.40£32.47tez104Call £2.40£6.80£37.15TheDentFold    Turn  7   tez104Check    pod1Bet £6.80£13.60£25.67tez104All-in £37.15£50.75£0.00pod1All-in £25.67£76.42£0.00tez104Unmatched bet £4.68£71.74£4.68tez104ShowAK   pod1Show10Q   River  Q   pod1WinFull House, Queens and 10s£69.94 £69.9

Comments

• edited February 2011
    fold pre imo, QT plays pretty poorly against an UTG raise imo, however once the flop comes you have to go the full way.
  • edited February 2011

how do u paste ur hand history?

• edited February 2011
    Yh snap fold pre.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: you know you are running well when....:
    fold pre imo, QT plays pretty poorly against an UTG raise imo, however once the flop comes you have to go the full way.
    Posted by The_Don90
    I agree with folding pre.

But QT on that flop is not unfoldable so you don't HAVE to go the full way.

QT is only beating a spew.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: you know you are running well when.... : I agree with folding pre. But QT on that flop is not unfoldable so you don't HAVE to go the full way. QT is only beating a spew.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    can you explain ? Maybe this is a weakness of mine, only reason i ask.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: you know you are running well when.... : can you explain ? Maybe this is a weakness of mine, only reason i ask.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Top and bottom pair on this board isn't THAT strong.

He is UTG so...TT, JJ, QQ and QJ (maybe) have to be in range, as well as the obvious AK.

The guy has played it weird, but when the guy check shoves the turn i'm not feeling mega happy about my hand.

Realistically, what do you think he could be shoving here that we beat?

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: you know you are running well when.... : Top and bottom pair on this board isn't THAT strong.  He is UTG so...TT, JJ, QQ and QJ (maybe) have to be in range, as well as the obvious AK. The guy has played it weird, but when the guy check shoves the turn i'm not feeling mega happy about my hand. Realistically, what do you think he could be shoving here that we beat?
    Posted by CLIOKID
    Hes isnt UTG, Hes called from the small blind. Expect him to 3bet, some of those hands. And be reraising the flop, with all of those hands, as it isnt the best flop, other than for AK hearts. But can see people slow playing those hands, begging for no scare cards on the turn. Reads on the player are very helpful in this spot.

Got to fold preflop tho, from UTG+1, Still 4 people to act after us, with a pretty terrible hand.
  • edited February 2011
    to be fair the raise pre flop really was by a player that was 3x for fun all night and his range for that type of bet could just have been 45 sooted, tez just came along for the ride in my mind (no 3bet). i pot bet the flop which he flats again at this point i cant put him on ak, more likely flush draw. he checks and i pot it again, then he fires, its just a case now do i believe him and he has 89/ak. ob got it wrong on this occasion and got lucky.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: you know you are running well when.... : Hes isnt UTG, Hes called from the small blind. Expect him to 3bet, some of those hands. And be reraising the flop, with all of those hands, as it isnt the best flop, other than for AK hearts. But can see people slow playing those hands, begging for no scare cards on the turn. Reads on the player are very helpful in this spot. Got to fold preflop tho, from UTG+1, Still 4 people to act after us, with a pretty terrible hand.
    Posted by 5toneFace
    Didn't read the hand right again.

Thought we were getting heat from the original raiser not the SB.

• edited February 2011