You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

top pair against flush draw

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi

I played a hand where i had ace (spade) q (hearts) in position. I had a few callers after my initial raise.

The flop comes down:

A(hearts), 4 (spade) 8 (spade)

I put in a healthy 2/3 pot bet this guy re-raises (quite aggressive). I thought my q kicker was good, best he had was a flush draw, so i put him in a pot size re-raise - making basically him almost all in. He goes all in (I call the extra 50p) 

He turned over 10/9 spades.

2 of spades comes on turn.

A blank for the river.

Here is my question maybe I should have just called his re-raise.. Seen the turn and then I could have folded and got away from it... What do you think??

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to top pair against flush draw:
    Hi I played a hand where i had ace (spade) q (hearts) in position. I had a few callers after my initial raise. The flop comes down: A(hearts), 4 (spade) 8 (spade) I put in a healthy 2/3 pot bet this guy re-raises (quite aggressive). I thought my q kicker was good, best he had was a flush draw, so i put him in a pot size re-raise - making basically him almost all in. He goes all in (I call the extra 50p)  He turned over 10/9 spades. 2 of spades comes on turn. A blank for the river. Here is my question maybe I should have just called his re-raise.. Seen the turn and then I could have folded and got away from it... What do you think??
    Posted by hamster880
    you correctly put him on a FD so i wouldnt worry about it you got it in 70% fav