You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What win rate should I expect (HU STT)

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
Hi guys,
Just been having a mess around on the low level HU sit n go tables today and I was wondering what sort of win/loss ratio should I be looking for?
Thanks

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Turbo or normal?
  • edited February 2011
    Hi nana,

i think you should call my 3 bet pre with 810 and flop a str8 vs my top pair:)

then your win rate would be pretty massive innit

All the best, they are fun i play them occasionally.
  • edited February 2011
    Hey Dohhh matey, they were all turbos. ps, you got your pc online yet?
    Urmmm...what can i say gregg...beginners luck? I'm still getting the hang of what to call pre flop! lol
    xxx
  • edited February 2011
    you wont beat the rake dont play them this is how sites make most money

you just recycle money while site keeps taking a bit

F A C T

good luck trying to beat them
  • edited February 2011
    I would say you should win more than you lose!

That way you win moneies ;)

• edited February 2011

Iv done alot of these and have just skoped myself to try and suss out what a good win %age would be...

My stats for HU sng turbo's only are....

1,114 games

Av profit - $1

Av stake - $12

R.O.I - 8%

Profit - 1,208.

These are from mainly 5/10 quid games with occasional £20 and £1/2 games so maybe a maths bod could use my R.O.I to try and work out the %age of games I have won????????????????

It says I finishd in the money 56% of the time, which HU, means I must hav won 56% of games?????????
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: What win rate should I expect (HU STT):
    you wont beat the rake dont play them this is how sites make most money you just recycle money while site keeps taking a bit F A C T  good luck trying to beat them
    Posted by mikehunt10
    This is not true the rake is only 5% on the HU games, half that of a dym. They are very, very beatable.

• edited February 2011
    Iv done alot of these and have just skoped myself to try and suss out what a good win %age would be... My stats for HU sng turbo's only are.... 1,114 games Av profit - $1 Av stake - $12 R.O.I - 8% Profit - 1,208. These are from mainly 5/10 quid games with occasional £20 and £1/2 games so maybe a maths bod could use my R.O.I to try and work out the %age of games I have won???????????????? It says I finishd in the money 56% of the time, which HU, means I must hav won 56% of games?????????
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    whats your win rate vs me?

• edited February 2011
    people think they beat rake but they have given site a lot more

yes a very small % of people do beat them

but you will lose to the rake in long run dont play them
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks JJ :)
    This is day 1 so I'm starting this as a total beginner to these type of games...
    have played 62 so far today, have won 34 and lost 28, was doing better earlier (10 games ahead) but lost the plot a little tonight, hopefully I'll get the hang of it more over the next few days (fingers crossed!)
    xxx
  • edited February 2011
    the first weekend I decided to experiment with these nana I won 57/100.......So you hav had a good start.

You'll get alot better too as you begin to understand them better.

Good luck!!
  • edited February 2011
    the first weekend I decided to experiment with these nana I won 57/100.......So you hav had a good start. You'll get alot better too as you begin to understand them better. Good luck!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    brill thanks JJ :)
    I was just thinking after I done a load of these i could also ask someone with full version of sharkscope to check my roi too - assuming you can check just for HU games seperatly.
    Now to actualy learn the art of the game (that's the hard bit! lol)
    xxx
  • edited March 2011
    How have you been getting on with these BananaDog?

I started playing a few £2.10 ones tonight. P 14 W9 L5.

I think it's more profitable than DYM's because the rake is 50% less and also they are a lot more fun than sitting out the first few levels of DYM's.
  • edited March 2011
    How have you been getting on with these BananaDog? I started playing a few £2.10 ones tonight. P 14 W9 L5. I think it's more profitable than DYM's because the rake is 50% less and also they are a lot more fun than sitting out the first few levels of DYM's.
    Posted by splashies
    Hi splashies,
    I ended up giving up on them very quickly I'm afraid...I broken even more or less but I was just struggling at the time with boredom (rather than an actual losing run) so I didn't know whether to move from what I normaly do, which is multi tabling dym's or not.
    Had a go on these...had a mood! lol
    Had a go on cash...had a mood! lol
    Back onto dym...still having a mood! lol

...maybe I just need a little break?!

Anyway, I totally agree with you that they are way more fun than dym's and if you can get enough in you can also hit some good bonuses (cash for points)
    Good luck and let us know how you get on :) x
  • edited March 2011
    I think we could all do with a little break...

I can see where you're coming from because I keep switching between cash and DYM's. I will give these HU's a go this week. I only play a couple of hours in the evening after work, so the grind of cash and DYM's isn't that appealing.

So, for now, il give these HU's a go, along with the odd MTT and see where we end up.

Martyn.
  • edited March 2011
    I dont know about what u should be winning to beat rake i assume about what jj has done 55% ROI

personally i play turbos a) cos they are quick b) get more donk players in them(not all but from my experience)
    if u want an accurate idea i'd play normal ones as you can get better reflection as higher variance in turbos
  • edited March 2011
    I dont know about what u should be winning to beat rake i assume about what jj has done 55% ROI personally i play turbos a) cos they are quick b) get more donk players in them(not all but from my experience) if u want an accurate idea i'd play normal ones as you can get better reflection as higher variance in turbos
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    It's the turbos I have been playing too and I agree with you about the bigger variance. Il hopefully have played 100 by the end of the week and il come back and post my results.
  • edited March 2011
    GL splashies in my experiance i have had winning runs of 6-9 but also downswings the same, my biggest advice is use good brm possibly twice as many as normal ones as the swings are higher
  • edited March 2011

U need to win more than young gun
  • edited March 2011

I can imagine if you're running bad then big downswings happen. Il only be playing £2.10's this week, have more than 100 buy ins so that shouldn't be a problem.

• edited March 2011
    Splashies u shud crush them. 

The swings can be pretty bad, but they work for you as much as they do against you, as your edge in games isn't THAT big. - If you are doing the turbos? - I assume u are??? 

But with 5% rake, it's easily big enough to make money.

There's a few rules with them, things u shud never do, things u shud always do. 

You'll suss it out. Almost impossible to lose money if u know what ur doing.
  • edited March 2011
    Splashies u shud crush them.  The swings can be pretty bad, but they work for you as much as they do against you, as your edge in games isn't THAT big. - If you are doing the turbos? - I assume u are???  But with 5% rake, it's easily big enough to make money. There's a few rules with them, things u shud never do, things u shud always do.  You'll suss it out. Almost impossible to lose money if u know what ur doing.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yes it's the turbos. The attraction of these is the 5% rake and the fact you can get a high volume of games in. Making notes on my opponents will also be key in these, so I can adjust my play accordingly. Let's hope the fish keep accepting "rematches."

I won't play any tonight as im in the FORUM DTD, but will play 100 by the end of the week and see where we are.