You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

errrrrrrrrrrrrmmmm not looking good for JJ now...

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
BROON777 Small blind  30.00 30.00 5632.50
legalsid19 Big blind  60.00 90.00 2400.00
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

Leyster Fold     
mirren Call  60.00 150.00 14336.24
BURNShurtz Raise  240.00 390.00 6292.50
Konig Fold     
BROON777 Raise  780.00 1170.00 4852.50
legalsid19 All-in  2400.00 3570.00 0.00
mirren Call  2400.00 5970.00 11936.24
BURNShurtz ???
should i be folding this now or taking a gamble???

Comments

• edited February 2011
    This hand always leads to tough decisions ! I dont know at what stage of a tourny you are and how your stack is against the leaders. It has to be a fold really playing it 3ways probably 4ways BUT the odds you are getting are so good ! Particularly if it will would put you in with a good chance of winning the tourny. Definitely play it in a bounty hunter !
    Had the same hand in a similar spot in a biggish tourny recently and shoved. Ended up ideal against AK AK and 77, and took it down.

• edited February 2011
    Unless its a deepstack presuming youve got about starting stack and the table hasn,t been really tight i,m calling and hoping for a few aces out - its to gudda chance to get a mega stack at this stage of the game and you can start thinking of going  deep if this holds up
  • edited February 2011
    i wouldnt to be fair only because i will be trying to duck soooo many cards with 5 cards to come. at best you are racing at worst dominated by overpairs. i would wait for a better spot, but im nitty so its just a personal opinion.
  • edited February 2011
    You've still got a >100 BB stack if you fold, for me it's a snap fold after a reraise, shove and then a CALL of the shove....
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: errrrrrrrrrrrrmmmm not looking good for JJ now...:
    This hand always leads to tough decisions ! I dont know at what stage of a tourny you are and how your stack is against the leaders. It has to be a fold really playing it 3ways probably 4ways BUT the odds you are getting are so good ! Particularly if it will would put you in with a good chance of winning the tourny . Definitely play it in a bounty hunter ! Had the same hand in a similar spot in a biggish tourny recently and shoved. Ended up ideal against AK AK and 77, and took it down.
    Posted by penguin7
    hey peguin7 thanks for your thoughts, can i just ask why it would make a difference if it was a bounty hunter?
  • edited February 2011
    this should be a pretty standard fold this early surly?
  • edited February 2011
    me and dudeskin agree wiiiiiiiiiiii, i must be learning.
  • edited February 2011
    Unless its a deepstack presuming youve got about starting stack and the table hasn,t been really tight i,m calling and hoping for a few aces out - its to gudda chance to get a mega stack at this stage of the game and you can start thinking of going  deep if this holds up
    Posted by MP33
    hey MP33, thanks for the advise. just wondering if you are happy with JJ here whats the lowest you would go ie. TT, 99 or 88 be good enough??
  • edited February 2011
    i wouldnt to be fair only because i will be trying to duck soooo many cards with 5 cards to come. at best you are racing at worst dominated by overpairs. i would wait for a better spot, but im nitty so its just a personal opinion.
    Posted by pod1
    just AA for you in this situation then?
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: errrrrrrrrrrrrmmmm not looking good for JJ now... : hey peguin7 thanks for your thoughts, can i just ask why it would make a difference if it was a bounty hunter?
    Posted by BURNShurtz
    People will play a wider range in bounty hunter events, often trying to take down pots with any pocket pair, knowing they are quite likely to be racing.

Also you have two of your potential opponents outchipped, and if it is fairly deep in the event their head values add to your odds.

The one thing I would never do in that spot with JJ is call, its shove or nothing. If you end up 4 handed the odds are great, and if you only have one caller it still leaves your hand with showdown value with a king or queen on the board.

• edited February 2011
    easiest fold your ever going to make in the tournament.
  • edited February 2011
    easiest fold your ever going to make in the tournament.
    Posted by hurst05
    would this always be the case??
  • edited February 2011
    Snap fold and expect to see them flip over AA and KK. Kick something very hard if all 3 guys get their chips in the middle with the same hand; AK.

I'd only consider joining this shove-fest if it was a freeroll or Facebook.