You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Check this out lol

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
Why does sky hate me so much?? Gave up this site a while ago due to the fact i was getting done over by pathetic hands went played pokerstars for a while won a few tourneys there, thought hey ill go have a game at sky and look what happen's lol i aint a conspiracy maker but well what do you guys think of this lol

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceMustang41Small blind 50.0050.003270.00Anth1987Big blind 100.00150.001745.00 Your hole cards97   adz777Call 100.00250.00895.00young07Fold    Mustang41Call 50.00300.003220.00Anth1987Check    Flop  773   Mustang41Check    Anth1987Bet 200.00500.001545.00adz777Call 200.00700.00695.00Mustang41Fold    Turn  J   Anth1987All-in 1545.002245.000.00adz777All-in 695.002940.000.00Anth1987Unmatched bet 850.002090.00850.00Anth1987Show64   adz777Show97   River  5   Anth1987WinStraight to the 72090.00 2940.00

Comments

• edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Check this out lol:
    fold pre imo!
    Posted by pod1
    fold or raise init.
  • edited February 2011
    You get that on any site. No matter where you go people at lower stakes will do stupid things like go all in with gut shots. Happens to all of us so man up and get on with it.
  • edited February 2011

If you think any poker site "hates you", it's time to quit.

Sorry, but poker don't work like that.

The Site has no interest in who wins a hand, it already has it's fee, from the Rake, or Reg Fee. It's now a game between the players, it's not a "House Game", where the players play the House, such as Roulette, or Blackjack.

You were a very small fave pre, & never Raised it up. It's a cooler, no more, no less. 

It's quite a thing, this logic. When a player loses, it's the Site's fault, when they win, it's down to good play. 

You got coolered bud, just unlucky.  Next time, the boot will be on the other foot. Enjoy it! 

• edited February 2011
    it happens all the time to me hear though lol i used to love this site its wear i started but just lately i have the worst luck :(
  • edited February 2011
    dont get me wrong i aint being a cry baby lol just sharing what iv been going through on this site lately, i intend to play through this though
  • edited February 2011
    dont get me wrong i aint being a cry baby lol just sharing what iv been going through on this site lately, i intend to play through this though
    Posted by adz777
    Well I hope your luck - & that's all it is - changes soon, m8.

We all really need to challenge all the stock phrases we read about poker. I must have read....

"Pokerstars hates me"

"Ladbrokes hates me"

"Sky Poker hates me"

"Full Tilt hates me"......

a zillion times.

Then we have the other one.....

"The Pokerstars river" (Usually referred to as "jokerstars" in this context)

"The Ladbrokes river"....

...and so on.

If we had Raised pre-flop, it was "game over". We did not, so we got into a nasty spot. We can make things happen, or let things happen. In this case, we did the latter, & so we paid the bill. Betcha you don't let it happen again!

Be a shepherd, not a sheep, make things happen, & challenge the stock phrases you see trotted out over & over again.

Start with "I can't beat all these tez players at low limits, I need to play bigger stakes where it's easier"......! I mean, you can't make this stuff up, & yet it gets trotted out again & again!
  • edited February 2011
    Two words DONT LIMP
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Check this out lol : Well I hope your luck - & that's all it is - changes soon, m8. We all really need to challenge all the stock phrases we read about poker. I must have read.... " Pokerstars hates me" "Ladbrokes hates me" "Sky Poker hates me" "Full Tilt hates me"...... a zillion times. Then we have the other one..... "The Pokerstars river" (Usually referred to as "jokerstars" in this context) "The Ladbrokes river".... ...and so on. If we had Raised pre-flop, it was "game over". We did not, so we got into a nasty spot. We can make things happen, or let things happen. In this case, we did the latter, & so we paid the bill. Betcha you don't let it happen again! Be a shepherd, not a sheep, make things happen, & challenge the stock phrases you see trotted out over & over again. Start with "I can't beat all these tez players at low limits, I need to play bigger stakes where it's easier"......! I mean, you can't make this stuff up, & yet it gets trotted out again & again!
    Posted by Tikay10
    I bet he does.

And again.....

and again....

and again *

5r? ;)
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Check this out lol : I bet he does. And again..... and again.... and again * 5r? ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Err,.......I'll pass, if I may!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Check this out lol : Well I hope your luck - & that's all it is - changes soon, m8. We all really need to challenge all the stock phrases we read about poker. I must have read.... " Pokerstars hates me" "Ladbrokes hates me" "Sky Poker hates me" "Full Tilt hates me"...... a zillion times. Then we have the other one..... "The Pokerstars river" (Usually referred to as "jokerstars" in this context) "The Ladbrokes river".... ...and so on. If we had Raised pre-flop, it was "game over". We did not, so we got into a nasty spot. We can make things happen, or let things happen. In this case, we did the latter, & so we paid the bill. Betcha you don't let it happen again! Be a shepherd, not a sheep, make things happen, & challenge the stock phrases you see trotted out over & over again. Start with "I can't beat all these tez players at low limits, I need to play bigger stakes where it's easier"......! I mean, you can't make this stuff up, & yet it gets trotted out again & again!
    Posted by Tikay10
    thanks tikay just had abit more luck at the second attemp won qualification to the 2pm bounty hunter this time i held back abit, also big fan of the show much love
  • edited February 2011
    u may of flopped trips but in all honesty should never of been in the hand when first to act and you have 8 or 9 bbs if you were going with the hand should of just shoved pre being the short stack you definitely would not of got the call from the BB then but when the cards were turned over with only the river to come you were unlucky but just one of those things..... unlucky on to the next one
  • edited February 2011
    also let me clear this up i dont usually limp into pots just on that occasion i was short stacked with 9 7 suited not being the greatest hand i wanted to see the flop where intended re raise anyway but when the trip 7s come up i wanted to milk him and it back fired i know
  • edited February 2011
    u may of flopped trips but in all honesty should never of been in the hand when first to act and you have 8 or 9 bbs if you were going with the hand should of just shoved pre being the short stack you definitely would not of got the call from the BB then but when the cards were turned over with only the river to come you were unlucky but just one of those things..... unlucky on to the next one
    Posted by delaney09

Dont know whether youd call it sods law but the same person who hit his straight i just removed from the sattelitte i just played in maybe what goes around comes around? lol

• edited February 2011

Limping in becomes an increasingly worse play as you become more short stacked.

Limping with 100xbb can be fine in alot of situations.

Limping with 50xbb, can be fine in some situations.

Limping with 20xbb is almost never going to be a good idea.

Limping with 10xbb or less is NEVER going to be a good idea, (unless u have aces and I'm on the big blind ;)

.....And in all the above circumstances, limping with 79 in an "unopened pot" is never ever ever ever going to be a good idea.

It's okay trying to justify it as you've done above, as long as you learn from the advice you get given, and don't do it again.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Check this out lol : thanks tikay just had abit more luck at the second attemp won qualification to the 2pm bounty hunter this time i held back abit, also big fan of the show much love
    Posted by adz777[/
    QUOTE]

Top man, Adzy, top man.

Just remember, to be serious for a minute. When something goes wrong for us, in poker, or in life, the best place to start looking for who to blame is at ourselves. Because that's where the prob usually starts. We are kidding ourselves if we blame external factors, we are looking for an excuse, someone to blame. Which is fine & dandy, but it don't solve the problem, then it happens again. And again.

Unless, of course, Orford is around. That's different.
  • edited February 2011

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear. Oh dear of dear oh dear.

Read that Post by Dohhhh, read it, absorb it, tattoo it on your forehead, whatever.

It is a basic fundamental, like position, raising rather than calling, watching who does what.

We are never limping out of a 10xBB stack. Passing is good sometimes, jamming is good sometimes, limping out of a 10xBB stack is rarely optimal.

I'll even ask the question of Paul Jackson, in tonight's Show. If I remember.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Check this out lol : I know what the problem is.................You need to put a 'B' in front of your name...............next time you hit trip 7's...........you'll know they're badz,  very badz........:)-       
    Posted by FlyMe
    lol good 1!!
  • edited February 2011
    If you think any poker site "hates you", it's time to quit. Sorry, but poker don't work like that. The Site has no interest in who wins a hand, it already has it's fee, from the Rake, or Reg Fee. It's now a game between the players, it's not a "House Game", where the players play the House, such as Roulette, or Blackjack. You were a very small fave pre, & never Raised it up. It's a cooler, no more, no less.  It's quite a thing, this logic. When a player loses, it's the Site's fault, when they win, it's down to good play.  You got coolered bud, just unlucky.  Next time, the boot will be on the other foot. Enjoy it! 
    Posted by Tikay10
    A cooler... 2 players that can't get away from their hands... the villain had a gutshot, definately not a cooler. And tbh you can't blame the OP for not raising it up as the reason for losing, in this occassion he got his money in a massive favourite which wouldn't have happened probs if he raised pre. Although the limp pre was awful play imo this is still a bad beat. Ul... happens though, nowt to do with Sky hating on you.
  • edited February 2011
    i cant understand why you would leave a site you were winning on to come back to a site that you consistently lose on?
  • edited February 2011
    simple anser is Bounty Hunter its a great tournament no other site provides them the way sky do, also as much as i love pokerstars there tourneys are uncapped and your usually looking at 8k+ entrants and to be honest with you after roughly 4-5 hours play when your finally hitting the money sometimes i lose patience lol