You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What would u put opponont on?

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Ok - its not the most exciting hand in the world or a big one but just wondering what ppl would put opponont on - he didnt have much back but had been seeing a few flops - I thought maybe gutshot str8 for some reason A 4 - A8 - Thats why i shoved - also thought i could bet him of low pairs if he,d hit with A kicker and i,ve still got outs as he hasn,t re-raised - hope this makes sense

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
MP33 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £35.14
xntrik Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £5.95
  Your hole cards

bogoi Call  £0.30 £0.75 £28.63
MP33 Raise  £0.84 £1.59 £34.30
xntrik Call  £0.69 £2.28 £5.26
bogoi Fold     
Flop

MP33 Bet  £0.90 £3.18 £33.40
xntrik Call  £0.90 £4.08 £4.36
Turn

• Q

MP33 Bet  £4.08 £8.16 £29.32
xntrik Fold     
MP33 Muck     
MP33 Win  £3.87  £33.19
MP33 Return  £4.08 £0.21

Comments

• edited February 2011
    i think he can have pretty much anything overs, gutter, sd i would fold pre
  • edited February 2011
    i think folding pre is best as we are OOP with a button limp. Although what i will say in your favour is its 3 handed with suited gappers so i probably do make the same play.

Obviously when the flop comes down your opponent doesnt believe that flop is in your raising range which is perfect as we have gutshot + middle pair, and its pretty unlikley yo have hit our opponent too.

The Q is a good card aswell, i rekon he calls the flop with overs, doesnt believe you've hit, and the barrel on the turn with third pair is pretty good here, as the Q looks like a card that helps our hand often, but not just that, if our opponent has A6 they kind of have to let it go i think.

Opponents range i rekon could be anything from 9Tsuited+
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: What would u put opponont on?:
    i think folding pre is best as we are OOP with a button limp. Although what i will say in your favour is its 3 handed with suited gappers so i probably do make the same play.
    Posted by The_Don90
    stop iso raising oop with 5 high pls
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: What would u put opponont on? : stop iso raising oop with 5 high pls
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    when did i ever raise OOP with 5 high?
  • edited February 2011
    He's quoted your post....

But yeh it's 7 high, not that it makes any difference to the point he's trying to make....
  • edited February 2011
    Stop raising amount to put your stack on an even number please.

Reaks of weakness tbh.

Horrible position to raise 75 suited too.

I'm happy to make up the blinds with this though if it has already been limped, maybe this is a leak, do most people fold here?
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: What would u put opponont on? : stop iso raising oop with 5 high pls
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Most of the time i wouldn,t,  espcecialy out of pos, but i had been pretty card dead and hadn,t played many hands
    and didn,t want to appear to be playing to tight so as when i do get good hands its not gonna fold round

basically i don,t mind losing a cpl of quid sometimes if only to show I am capable of rasing on any 2 cards and not be 2 predictable - but thx for the advice guys 
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: What would u put opponont on? : Most of the time i wouldn,t,  espcecialy out of pos, but i had been pretty card dead and hadn,t played many hands and didn,t want to appear to be playing to tight so as when i do get good hands its not gonna fold round   basically i don,t mind losing a cpl of quid sometimes if only to show I am capable of rasing on any 2 cards and not be 2 predictable - but thx for the advice guys 
    Posted by MP33
    yep hit the nail on the head here, a few pound can be a small price to pay to keep a table guessing your state of play