You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

On a scale of 1 to 10... how bad is this? Infinitely bad is probably the answer.

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Forest1975 Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £46.33
CLIOKID Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £49.50
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

blumoon Raise   £1.00 £1.75 £21.78
coookie08 Raise   £3.50 £5.25 £13.21
PostalJoe Call   £3.50 £8.75 £100.09
AyrGraeme Fold        
Forest1975 Fold        
CLIOKID Raise   £11.00 £19.75 £38.50
blumoon Fold        
coookie08 All-in   £13.21 £32.96 £0.00
PostalJoe Call   £13.21 £46.17 £86.88
CLIOKID Call   £5.21 £51.38 £33.29
Flop

• Q

CLIOKID Check        
PostalJoe Bet   £38.54 £89.92 £48.34
CLIOKID Fold        
PostalJoe Unmatched bet   £38.54 £51.38 £86.88
coookie08 Show
  • Q
  • A

PostalJoe Show
  • K
  • K

Turn

River

PostalJoe Win Pair of Kings £49.58   £136.46

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Urgh.

I suck so bad.
  • edited February 2011
    Actually laughing to myself now.

What was I thinking?!
  • edited February 2011
    is this question how many times you swore in 3 seconds, i reckon 10. Weve all beat players that refuse to fold AA but with that kind of pot its a little hard to fold i know im going all in after the raise especially if i can afford it.
  • edited February 2011
    on the bright side, better to make a bad fold than a bad call lol
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: On a scale of 1 to 10... how bad is this? Infinitely bad is probably the answer.:
    is this question how many times you swore in 3 seconds, i reckon 10. Weve all beat players that refuse to fold AA but with that kind of pot its a little hard to fold i know im going all in after the raise especially if i can afford it.
    Posted by leon621
    I know it's stupid to polarise a hand that much, but I could only put him on Q's.

My mistake was actually looking at the flop. It should have been an auto all-in regardless of flop. I'd have been as well covering up the screen and shipping.

Ugly flop but check folding is ludicrous and struggling to justify what I was thinking. 

• edited February 2011
    Ugh. That must have seriously hurt. The way he's played it is extremely confusing, so passive preflop then suddenly goes crazy on a horribly straighty board- there's so many hands like 99/TT/QQ that might play it this way, not to mention perhaps a very loose KJ... I can understand the fold, kind of- but with your stack I don't think you can fold any flop there. If your stack was similar to postaljoe... then maybe.

Why the check on the flop, out of interest? Was it to induce the bet but you then bottled the call, or were you really worried he had you beat?

Ul :(
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: On a scale of 1 to 10... how bad is this? Infinitely bad is probably the answer.:
    Ugh. That must have seriously hurt. The way he's played it is extremely confusing, so passive preflop then suddenly goes crazy on a horribly straighty board- there's so many hands like 99/TT/QQ that might play it this way, not to mention perhaps a very loose KJ... I can understand the fold, kind of- but with your stack I don't think you can fold any flop there. If your stack was similar to postaljoe... then maybe. Why the check on the flop, out of interest? Was it to induce the bet but you then bottled the call, or were you really worried he had you beat? Ul :(
    Posted by DeucesLive
    I checked because I hated the flop. I said in a post above that I should never ever have checked the flop and it should have been a blind all-in. Had to be a shove and if I'm beat I'm beat.  So that was the key mistake.

But I just couldn't put Postal on a hand that I could beat. He'd have had to have got it in pre with  KK I'd have thought. I just didn't think it could be a bluff as it was a dead side pot. The only hand I could beat was JJ I thought. 

• edited February 2011
    its a pretty shabby flop but...... WTF!!!!  you can NEVER fold there
  • edited February 2011
    you can't fold there.  that kind of player never has KJ and folds 99/TT PF there IMO.  haven't played with him a huge amount but when I have hes been pretty nitty and hes never calling off that amount pre with those hands.

you are putting him on QQ here to make the fold.

the board sucks but considering PF action its a snap
  • edited February 2011
    for the first time on this clinic i can have a go at clios play, but i wont coz i think he feels bad eough already!!! wont do that again will you! phil
  • edited February 2011
    Posted by leon621
    Just wondering clio,if that was an MTT or a lesser bet would you have called it then?

personally if i was putting him on QQ - if it was me after your check i,d be worried about losing my customer and would have put more of a value bet in, but having said that its a horrible flop for you (w/o seeing others cards obv) and I would make the call (reluctantly tho)

• edited February 2011
    why do you just call the re raise pre flop,shouldnt u have shoved the lot in to try and isolate the all in,dont know if this is correct ,but its how i would have played it.
  • edited February 2011
    why do you just call the re raise pre flop,shouldnt u have shoved the lot in to try and isolate the all in,dont know if this is correct ,but its how i would have played it.
    Posted by thejudge10
    The betting was closed to me after the short stacker went in so I couldn't re-raise.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: On a scale of 1 to 10... how bad is this? Infinitely bad is probably the answer. : Just wondering clio,if that was an MTT or a lesser bet would you have called it then? personally if i was putting him on QQ - if it was me after your check i,d be worried about losing my customer and would have put more of a value bet in, but having said that its a horrible flop for you (w/o seeing others cards obv) and I would make the call (reluctantly tho)
    Posted by MP33
    He knows I have to have a massive hand after 4-betting pre from that position.

There are a lot of cards that QQ wouldn't like on the turn if he was to bet smaller and I call.

Basically I know he knows I have to have a very big hand here and he is still shoving...

But anyway I know I should have jammed flop regardless. Not looking at the flop at all and jamming blind would have been the best thing to do!
  • edited February 2011
    sorry,dont know what i would have prob called,not because i think im ahead just because i find it hard to thro away aces,thats why im still learning,and not playing cash tables.
  • edited February 2011
    sorry,dont know what i would have prob called,not because i think im ahead just because i find it hard to thro away aces,thats why im still learning,and not playing cash tables.
    Posted by thejudge10
    It would have been the right decision :-)
  • edited February 2011
    atleast villain played the hand worse than you!
  • edited February 2011
    Can I save some credibilty here by showing what I think is a pretty good bluff :-)

I can play well occassionally...maybe.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Goingbust2 Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £49.25
    yoyo Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £51.00
      Your hole cards
    • J

stien Fold        
    MesmorizeU Fold        
    sikas Fold        
    CLIOKID Raise   £2.00 £2.75 £78.29
    Goingbust2 Fold        
    yoyo Raise   £6.00 £8.75 £45.00
    CLIOKID Raise   £14.00 £22.75 £64.29
    yoyo Call   £9.50 £32.25 £35.50
    Flop

yoyo Bet   £14.00 £46.25 £21.50
    CLIOKID Raise   £40.00 £86.25 £24.29
    yoyo Fold        
    CLIOKID Muck        
    CLIOKID Win   £58.45   £82.74
    CLIOKID Return   £26.00 £1.80 £108.74
  • edited February 2011
    wow very nice play, i just have the feeling you've actually beat KK this time
  • edited February 2011
    well played,this is why i dont play at your level.
  • edited February 2011
    Villain has AK like 90% of the time, and maybe TT-JJ occasionally. AA/KK and at a push QQ are the only hands villain can even think of calling with and he should 3bet them pre.

Great use of preflop aggression and great example of repping a hand successfully- very nice. Wonder what you did make him fold- my money's definitely on AK but respect if you made him fold an overpair. He woulda been in shock if he made the crying call and saw your hand... LOL
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: On a scale of 1 to 10... how bad is this? Infinitely bad is probably the answer. : He knows I have to have a massive hand after 4-betting pre from that position. There are a lot of cards that QQ wouldn't like on the turn if he was to bet smaller and I call. Basically I know he knows I have to have a very big hand here and he is still shoving... But anyway I know I should have jammed flop regardless. Not looking at the flop at all and jamming blind would have been the best thing to do!
    Posted by CLIOKID
    before you 4 bet pre you should have it already in your mind that you basically getting it in on practically any flop
  • edited February 2011
    you do know that you just bluffed Julien Thew?
  • edited February 2011
    you do know that you just bluffed Julien Thew?
    Posted by scotty77
    Lol is that right?
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: On a scale of 1 to 10... how bad is this? Infinitely bad is probably the answer. : before you 4 bet pre you should have it already in your mind that you basically getting it in on practically any flop
    Posted by N1CK
    I know this.

I think I was taken aback when it went 3-way.

Totally didn't expect the villain to flat the shortys all-in.

• edited February 2011

On a scale of 1 to 10... how bad is this?

Bout 3.50