You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Flop set on Monotone flop turn house with worst possible river card against aggressive opponent, can

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ok this opponent is hyper aggressive, hense my limp, i didnt really fancy getting 3-bet with Pkt 6's even with posison. My basic logic was to outflop and go to value town,

The other guy in the hand been pretty quiet. But im pretty confident hes also calling on the basis that the other guy been pretty aggressive.

Obviously i flop my 6 and its checked to me and i bet to charge the draws, turning the house made me feel comfortable with my hand.

However with the T on the river, can i value bet, does a made flush call?

Hand based reads - Im pretty sure he either has a made flush or a lone big spade way hes played the hand. I think i can rule out a T except maybe a weak T, 9T or JT going by his post flop play. KT/QT/AT hed have been more active in the hand particularly on the turn i feel. So im pretty sure im ahead of what he can have in this spot, however is it one of those times where a check is correct or because of pot size should i just get it in?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancezSmall blind £0.05£0.05£9.63junior1983Big blind £0.10£0.15£19.57 Your hole cards66   xCall £0.10£0.25£8.36hozzerFold    The_Don90Call £0.10£0.35£10.40bughead81Fold    zRaise £0.50£0.85£9.13junior1983Fold    zCall £0.45£1.30£7.91The_Don90Call £0.45£1.75£9.95Flop  2106   zCheck    xCheck    The_Don90Bet £1.31£3.06£8.64zCall £1.31£4.37£7.82xFold    Turn  2   zCheck    The_Don90Bet £3.28£7.65£5.36zCall £3.28£10.93£4.54River  10   zCheck    The_Don90???????

Comments

• edited February 2011
    all in u have built pot to get in on river, rivers good imo
  • edited February 2011
    What calls you that you have beat? - a flush shouldn't be calling here imo, i think he may have the ace of spades in his hand and went deep sea fishing.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Flop set on Monotone flop turn house with worst possible river card against aggressive opponent, can i value bet here?:
    What calls you that you have beat? - a flush shouldn't be calling here imo, i think he may have the ace of spades in his hand and went deep sea fishing.
    Posted by christiann
    This was exactly what i was discussing with Young Gun on msn before after i posted this ahand.

I rekon a flush gets away pretty easy and a 2 probably is able to fold. Although i dnt think a 2 is in his range.

As you state i think he has a lone A/K of spades and went fishing, which is unlikley to call unless they put me on a pure bluff, and how often do i treble barrel bluff these days?

This is exactly why i posted this hand. I know i only have a half pot bet behind, so its all in or check i think.
  • edited February 2011
    Spot on - although i don't see a reason to go all in, he either has you beat..or he has nothing and wont call lol.
  • edited February 2011
    I wouldn't bet.
  • edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011

It's a bet I think.

When he checks to you, you are rarely beat (one time in 20?), and sometimes he looks at the size of the pot and callls with ace high, or a pocket pair. He doesn't need to  call too often to make it a profitable bet.

• edited February 2011

I wouldnt limp pre (infact limping at any time is bad imo) if you raise pre it gives you so many other ways to win a pot. if you raise your lower end of your starting hand range the same as you would raise your premium hands it makes life more difficult for opponents.

as played i would bet pot on flop (or maybe even slightly overbet the pot) as we have a set its multiway-its a dangerous flop but at the same time strong drawing hands will call. the turn is a great card & would bet anything from 3/4 to pot

the river card sucks but when checked too (i cant see any sense in villian checking the nuts here on the river-especially with the amount of money left involved) i just put the rest of it in & make a note if he calls and flips over a 10

• edited February 2011
    RatedRKO i think i explained my limp before. I usually do raise here in most circumstances, However i had an extremely agressive SB so i was happier to let him raise, The raise he makes in this hand was the smallest one id actually seen him make. I expected it to be nearly 80p to £1 mark.

And really i didnt fancy raising to 40/50p myself for him to 3-bet to £2 knowing i have to hit a 6.