You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

redundancy money

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
having just joined sky poker last week with my redundancy money, i was looking to try and double my money, is there any players that the community could recommend to play at high stakes, i will set a time and date so people could watch

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Please just invest your redundancy money
  • edited February 2011
    worst thing to do nanny place all your redundancy money on a poker table unless your experienced in high stakes poker but if you cant afford to lose this money dont do it wait until you can it definitely won't put as much pressure on you then to absolutely have to double or treble that money... my advice for what it may or may not be worth dont do it unless you really can afford to without the possibility of any consequences financially
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: redundancy money:
    worst thing to do nanny place all your redundancy money on a poker table unless your experienced in high stakes poker but if you cant afford to lose this money dont do it wait until you can it definitely won't put as much pressure on you then to absolutely have to double or treble that money... my advice for what it may or may not be worth dont do it unless you really can afford to without the possibility of any consequences financially
    Posted by delaney09
     having thought about peoples advice decided not to invest it all on poker
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: redundancy money :  having thought about peoples advice decided not to invest it all on poker
    Posted by nannyplum

wise choice its obviously fine if you have money to support you after if the latter does happen and you lose your Bank Roll but poker is probably not the wisest choice to invest in as it has so much ups and downs althugh your in control of your money at all times in the heat of the moment you get all your money in AA v KK K comes down and the thing you dreaded most happens if yo uwant to make money from it why not look into investments im sure there are many people on here that can head you in the right direction about what to and what not to invest in right now.... good luck with what ever you choose to do and maybe see you on the tables soon
  • edited February 2011
    I'd simply recommend you play tournaments.  At a buy in that you are comfortable with with and complies with your skill level..

Better still, play live.
  • edited February 2011
    only put into your poker account what you can afford to lose.

if you aren't comfortable with this amount, then withdraw and leave yourself with a small roll to play casually.
  • edited February 2011
    dont play with scared money imo gl
  • edited February 2011
    only put into your poker account what you can afford to lose. if you aren't comfortable with this amount, then withdraw and leave yourself with a small roll to play casually.
    Posted by scotty77
    strongly agree with u scotty.lots of sharks out there.stt and mtt table s and low stack cash.if u want to double ur money wales to beat italy by 6points today.gl
  • edited February 2011
    Put the lot on, it's fun!

The 15p/30p tables are a good place to start.

Tomorrow afternoon around 5 o clock is normally best, then have Sunday off, and the same time on Monday, and every other day after that.

It's good to have a day off inbetween.

Good Luck.
  • edited February 2011
    jj, i think it would be better if he started at nl20 from about now if he wants!!!
  • edited February 2011
    Put the lot on, it's fun! The 15p/30p tables are a good place to start. Tomorrow afternoon around 5 o clock is normally best, then have Sunday off, and the same time on Monday, and every other day after that. It's good to have a day off inbetween. Good Luck.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Be scared ....be vey scared...............when this man wishes you good luck, he's probably just finishing off the last morsel of flesh on your bones..............:)-
  • edited February 2011
    Such an obv level lol
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: redundancy money :  having thought about peoples advice decided not to invest it all on poker
    Posted by nannyplum
    Wimp
  • edited February 2011
    you should defo start at the .25/.50 tables, every1's real friendly and we'll all enjoy helping u learn the game of 'teh pokerz'
  • edited February 2011
    Invest your redundancy money by enrolling on a course at college or university. That's a surefire way to more than double your money if you choose your course wisely.
  • edited February 2011
    i never liked you sikas because of that horrible picture, but after looking at your sharkscope i will take back everything i ever thought!!!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to redundancy money:
    having just joined sky poker last week with my redundancy money, i was looking to try and double my money, is there any players that the community could recommend to play at high stakes, i will set a time and date so people could watch
    Posted by nannyplum
    if you want to double/triple your money, you should buy old car battery's from garages, pay £2.50 for small ones £3 for middle size and £3.50 for the big ones, then sell them to a battery recycling centre and you should at very least double your cash,
     hope this helps someone
  • edited February 2011
    red for the win
  • edited February 2011
    i never liked you sikas because of that horrible picture, but after looking at your sharkscope i will take back everything i ever thought!!!
    Posted by pod1

lol what picture?
  • edited February 2011
    Such an obv level lol
    Posted by cottlad
    That was my first impression.  Then again maybe I'm just hopeful that no one would ever consider this to be a good idea.
  • edited February 2011
    hehe sikas, the one that comes up when you post! nice stats by the way  phil
  • edited February 2011
    Glad to hear that Nannyplum aint going to "invest" his redundancy money into poker.by all means deposit some money and enjoy yourself but dont put the lot on the line mate.