You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What next after 2p/4p?

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I,ve played up to 15p/30p levels with mixed results over the last year, but since I started playing cash I have concentrated mainly on 2p/4p and after a steady regular profit for a few months think its time to knock it on the head and concentrate on  a higher level as its getting boring now and i,m certainly not going to improve my game at this level

I,m undedcided whether to  just play 4p/8p with a max buy in  of £8 or go to 5p/10p and just play with £10 as i,ve been doing quite well at this level as well over a cpl of  weeks, but my BR won,t allow me to put £20 down w/o playing with scared money. I also play 2 tables

I,m quite careful about table selection but was wondering what ppl think the main differences are between players at 4p/8p and 5p/10p (the standard of play - if any )

If playing approx 4-5 days for about 4 hours, over what period of time should i consider moving up presuming I can bt these levels on a regular basis?

cheers
Paul

Comments

• edited February 2011
    didnt the buy in for NL10 not get changed to 100BB ?
  • edited February 2011
    I think you're taking all of this bankroll management a little seriously. I think most people do. The experts on here will shoot me for this, but so what.

If you're bored playing at 2p/4p, then move up. Playing at 2/4 you're obviously not doing it for a living, more of a hobby. If you're bored with this hobby, then get a new one (e.g. playing £2 SnGs could be fun). Life really is too short.

• edited February 2011
    just an idea, play one nl 8 and 1 nl10 and see how you do. you play 2 so see how it  goes   phil
  • edited February 2011

Go nl10, sure ive seen u there anyway, so u must know the level of play. as for buy in for 20, it shouldnt bother u too much, just play your game u have 100 bigs.

People go on about it like they've never played on a table where a few ppl have doubled up.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: What next after 2p/4p?:
    just an idea, play one nl 8 and 1 nl10 and see how you do. you play 2 so see how it  goes   phil
    Posted by pod1

+1
    Like this idea Poddington

• edited February 2011
    The buy in for NL10 will be changing to 100bb sometime in the next couple of weeks (or so I'm told!).

IMO, I really don't think there's any real noticable difference between NL8 & NL10 but like pod says, just try one of each & see how you go.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: What next after 2p/4p?:
    Go nl10, sure ive seen u there anyway, so u must know the level of play. as for buy in for 20, it shouldnt bother u too much, just play your game u have 100 bigs. People go on about it like they've never played on a table where a few ppl have doubled up.
    Posted by Norbit
    You probably have seen me there Norbit

Must have been a good day or table selection as there are some ppl I will step up to play

As for the buy in its still £20 but hopefully  Bob   is right and it will be changing soon