You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Flopped set, aggression shown- trap or raise?

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Villain is unpredictable- previously checked quads across to me on river (I took the bait, but tbf- I did have AA). Had one or two small tangles but not seen much go to showdown, he is very capable of bluffing though. Neither me or villain have done any big 3-bets postflop.

Should I flat here and go for the weakness approach- villain seems capable of picking up on this- or assume he has a hand and put in the raise? Very dry board, so the reraise would indicate massive strength, can't rep any draws.

layerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceDeucesLiveSmall blind £0.10£0.10£19.62ChasmanBig blind £0.20£0.30£9.80 Your hole cards33   aa250Fold    EUREKARaise £0.60£0.90£21.53INKFold    CrazyBen23Fold    DeucesLiveCall £0.50£1.40£19.12ChasmanFold    Flop  36Q   DeucesLiveBet £0.80£2.20£18.32EUREKARaise £1.60£3.80£19.93DeucesLive????

Comments

• edited February 2011
    i would flat. if you raise you fold out any bluffs, check turn let him fire again. if you raise again only hands that beat tp can continue. if he is bluffin let him continue his story & if he has overpair/AQ he will prob bet turn anyway

I like the lead out on the flop btw
  • edited February 2011
    I would let the timer run down and then flat call him at the last minute. You say he picks up on weakness so just check the turn and see if he fires again. I wouldnt give him the chance to check the river though. Looks like your safe in winning the hand so use what reads you have on him to extract max value.
  • edited February 2011
    well im putting in a min raise here, you just lost with AA and i find people can often get abit more aggresive with mid level cards trying to win back lost money. I cant see him reraising then folding. Im also putting in an 80p raise on the turn giving your opponent the impression, your not a established player at all and this also shows weakness
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Flopped set, aggression shown- trap or raise?:
    [QUOTE]I would let the timer run down and then flat call him at the last minute. You say he picks up on weakness so just check the turn and see if he fires again. I wouldnt give him the chance to check the river though. Looks like your safe in winning the hand so use what reads you have on him to extract max value.
    Posted by DrSharp

This the worst thing possible. It screems that your slowplaying, timer bar tells etc.

I flat, then check raise turn. Im sure i dicussed this kind of play with you before. So you know why i do it this way. Allows me to show some weakness etc.
  • edited February 2011
    This the worst thing possible. It screems that your slowplaying, timer bar tells etc. I flat, then check raise turn. Im sure i dicussed this kind of play with you before. So you know why i do it this way. Allows me to show some weakness etc.
    Posted by The_Don90

Maybe, but he said the villain picks up on weakness so i suppose it goes down to how he reads this 'slowplaying'.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Flopped set, aggression shown- trap or raise? : This the worst thing possible. It screems that your slowplaying, timer bar tells etc. I flat, then check raise turn. Im sure i dicussed this kind of play with you before. So you know why i do it this way. Allows me to show some weakness etc. Posted by The_Don90
    Maybe, but he said the villain picks up on weakness so i suppose it goes down to how he reads this 'slowplaying'.
    Posted by DrSharp

Timer bar tells your opponent everything, to quick or too slow and its obvious what we hold. Its like in a live game when u hate the flop u look away.
  • edited February 2011
    well u have to raise here,your looking to get all your chips in here and gain max value,ur plan should be how do i get him to stavk off all his chops on the river or sooner,so its a def re raise
  • edited February 2011
    well u have to raise here,your looking to get all your chips in here and gain max value,ur plan should be how do i get him to stavk off all his chops on the river or sooner,so its a def re raise
    Posted by mandyh614
    Whats really calling a re-re-raise on this flop that we beat? By re-raising we telegraph out to our opponent we have a set because of the donk bet. That allows AQ, KK, AA to get away which we dont want.