You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Saturday Night Live with Rich, Trev and Gliterbabe

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat

Alright folks!

Here's the skinny for Saturday night.

9pm start on Channel 865 (or watch the show via the stream on this site's homepage).

It's a night of cash poker with the Mastercash tables in action early doors and then the Cash 300 game where the buy-in is £300 and the blinds are £1.50/£3.

Your cabin crew tonight are: trolley dolly Richard Orford, first engineer Trevor Harris and esteemed navigator Wayne Rideout aka Team Sky Poker's tour-de-force Gliterbabe.

Also on the cards- 3 rounds of Orford's Disastermind. Fancy a go this week? Email your name and contact number tonight to skyopen@bskyb.com.

And of course, Top of the Pots just after midnight for the final hour.

As ever, we need your input below to make the show fizzle along. So- hand requests please(with hand i.d. numbers and a short explanation as to why you think we should show the hand), poker questions to Mr. Harris and Rideout and as much banter as poss.

Tonight's burning question:

Who would be your dream guest on the show and why?

This could range from the serious answer: eg Phil Ivey because he's the greatest poker mind in the land, to the not-so-serious: eg Angelina Jolie/Brad Pitt (delete as applicable) for eye candy, Davina McCall just to wind Tikay up, or Stephen Fry because for once he wouldn't have a clue what he was talking about. You get the idea.

Looking forward to hearing from you all and good luck on the tables tonight. We'll be watching!

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Just to get things rolling, here's my answers:

Serious answer-
    Tom Dwan. He's just so brilliant- in fact I'm slightly worried I have a mancrush on him. Imagine getting his thoughts on our players and how he would counteract the likes of LoluFold and LJamesL!

Not-so-serious-
    Drew Barrymore because I also have a bit of a crush on her (would that be a womancrush? I'm so confused).

And if I was doing a show with Tikay- I think I'd have to have Katie Price on- it would tilt him so much- he can't stand the woman!
  • edited February 2011
    Serious answer
    Luke Schwartz just to see who he would call a donk and if he could stop swearing for 4 hours.Also would like to see how his mind works on analysing the game.

Not serious
    Jeremy Clakson or Claudia Winkleman.
  • edited February 2011

I'd like to see Karl Pilkington on the show - to see if he can keep his ACT up for 4 hours straight on a live show.

Would LOVE to see Schwartz on the show, seriously if theres any chance of getting him on, try and do it! Even increase rake on micro dyms to 75% if you want, it will be worth it ;)

Kerry Katona also !!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Saturday Night Live with Rich, Trev and Gliterbabe:
    I'd like to see Karl Pilkington on the show - to see if he can keep his ACT up for 4 hours straight on a live show. Would LOVE to see Schwartz on the show, seriously if theres any chance of getting him on, try and do it! Even increase rake on micro dyms to 75% if you want, it will be worth it ;) Kerry Katona also !!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Thats a great shout DOHHHHHHH! Book him Orford!
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah I'd love to meet Karl Pilkington just to see what's going on there.

Act or no act though, his take on the world occasionally verges on some kind of mad genius. Those podcasts are at times absolutely hysterical.

I like to think he's real but I simply can't imagine a genuine idiot being Ricky Gervais' producer once upon a time on XFM. How the heck would he ever have managed to put those shows together?

Also hard to imagine why he still fixes his own toilets and borrow mattresses from his dad when he's now clearly a millionaire.

Still, gotta love him. Even though he has stilll got a head like an orange.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Saturday Night Live with Rich, Trev and Gliterbabe : Thats a great shout DOHHHHHHH! Book him Orford!
    Posted by DrSharp
    For a brief moment there, I felt like I was in Hawaii Five O!
  • edited February 2011
    Serious answer:

Daniel Negreanu, great player so would love to hear his analysis of different types of play. Plus he never stops talking so would be good entertainment too.

Not so serious answer:

Any ex or current Tottenham players/managers just for Trevor.

• edited February 2011
    Yeah I'd love to meet Karl Pilkington just to see what's going on there. Act or no act though, his take on the world occasionally verges on some kind of mad genius. Those podcasts are at times absolutely hysterical. I like to think he's real but I simply can't imagine a genuine idiot being Ricky Gervais' produceronce upon a time on XFM. How the heck would he ever have managed to put those shows together? Also hard to imagine why he still fixes his own toilets and borrow mattresses from his dad when he's now clearly a millionaire. Still, gotta love him. Even though he has stilll got a head like an orange.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    But you said producing shows was easy peasy in that chat box Rich. I think you said something like 'we have even got women producers here on Sky Poker'

The future is bright....the future is orange! (TKP FTW!)

Is there going to be more ad breaks in tonight's show?? (So Wayne can sell us all insurance!)

Serious guest - Doyle Brunson, just....because.
    Not so guest  - Paul Gasgcoigne....nearly as daft as you are Rich!

Hope you all have a good show guys!!
  • edited February 2011
    Luke Schwartz for me, durrr if it's a fantasy pick.

How about Chris Ferguson..........oh sorry he's on tonight in his blue hoodie lol.
  • edited February 2011
    Good input so far- cheers all.

Keep 'em coming please! We'll be live in two hours :)
  • edited February 2011

I would like Dohhhhhhh and Beaneh to be guest analyists on mastercash one week please.  Together so they can argue and stuff.

Believe it or not im being serious. Would be good entertainment, but the only prob is, Beane will be too busy 95 tabling, and Dohhhhhh hasnt left his front room since 2005.:)

So good luck with getting those two in.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Saturday Night Live with Rich, Trev and Gliterbabe : But you said producing shows was easy peasy in that chat box Rich. I think you said something like 'we have even got women producers here on Sky Poker' The future is bright....the future is orange ! (TKP FTW!) Is there going to be more ad breaks in tonight's show?? (So Wayne can sell us all insurance!) Serious guest - Doyle Brunson, just....because. Not so guest  - Paul Gasgcoigne....nearly as daft as your Rich! Hope you all have a good show guys!!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Lol- thanks for that!

I would like to point out that he's on a wind-up of course and I've not made and never would make such comments!

Alan- you're going to get me sacked Andy Gray stylee at this rate for a crime I didn't commit!!!
  • edited February 2011
    Hi guys. Good luck for the show.

My serious answer would be Vicky Coren... good to look at, intelligent and could probably out-tikay the old geezer.

Not so serious answer would be Cheryl Cole/Tweedy. Can you imagine the men? Not much poker being talked about there. Of course if LML was on the she could have someone like Daniel Craig...James Bond ftw.
  • edited February 2011
    Dream guest? Zippy from Rainbow. He'd tell it like it is! :-)
  • edited February 2011

He wud own me too bad. I'd just end up saying "so what" alot.

It's different online, I can carefully construct replies that own the sh*t outta him, and drive his B/S analysis off the clinic for good.

;)
  • edited February 2011
    Guest analyst Liv Boeree for obvious reasons would make the show unmissable especially if LML was also presenting that evening. Sorry Rich lol.

Not so serious John Prescott his no nonsense style and dry humour I think would go down well. Edit- just like my football team Sheff utd lol
  • edited February 2011

Gordon Ramsay would make Tikays blood pressure go through the roof!!!!

And Daniel Negreanu would be something else

Keith
  • edited February 2011
    Hi rich, hope you have a great show tonight.........

Wasn't it nice to see Wolves win well today?? I hope the biggest team in the black country keep up the results and stay up.

I'd like to see Shane Warne/Boris Becker/Teddy Sheringham

Or even better , Mike McDermott :):):):):):) PLEASE!!!!! if he's still playing or retired after beating teddy

And if he was still alive i'd like to see Dr Richard Beeching on explaining to Tikay how much he enjoyed cutting up the railways :):):):)
  • edited February 2011

Richard i would like to ask Wayne at what cash level did he start out at and was it a struggle for him moving up the various levels.

• edited February 2011
    Hi guys enjoy the show!!

Serious guest

Teddy Sheringham - more than cutting it in the big boys (and girls) poker scene and plenty of tilt factor for Trevor Harris

Not so Serious

David Cameron and George Osbourne on how they can improve the poker economy in hard times (would they increase rake like they increased VAT?)

Dave
  • edited February 2011
    John Tabatabai Is my serious choice for a guest on the Show - Brilliant player, did a great job analysing, and very good looking - perfect combo. Not so serious choice - Presenter of Tv shows Monster Hunter and Destination Truth - Josh Gates. Have no Idea If he plays poker or not but who cares? He's gorgeous
  • edited February 2011
    Get the Devilfish on!
  • edited February 2011
    A question for Wayne. When you play Cash 300 your mucked hands, winning and losing, can be seen on the show by the other guys you play regularly.

Can they gain an advantage by this, or doesnt it really matter ? Or maybe it could even work in your favour sometimes ?

• edited February 2011
    I'd love to ask, since I'm looking for some new poker literature atm, how do you think Doyle's 'Super System' is relevant to poker today? Is it still as good and pertinant now as it was when it was written, or do you think that players are thinking too far for it now? 

I've just ordered Harrington's first volume on cash poker, which of his books are most relevant? I love playing tournament poker but trying to improve my low stakes cash now- interested in reading anything on tournament or cash really.
  • edited February 2011
    Pokerwise i,d also like to see Luke Scwartch just to see what he,s like in real life when not gettting stressed out by actually playing and his insight into how he,d play the hands shown

David Cameron so we could verbally abuse him for 4 hours str8

Colonel Gadafi to see him rambling on and see if he has actually gone insane, i don,t think he,d last 4 hours tho -

have a good show as always - MP

edit : How about setting a trap and inviting Bin Laden on - we could all come down and help arrest him and split the x amount of millions for his capture    
  • edited February 2011
    I would get Philip Schofield in so I know what it's like to work with a proper presenter lol.....

Joking obviously Rich :)

But I would like to see Sky_Claire aka Atilla/Mother/SWMBO as a guest when Richard and Tikay are so they would have to behave themselves for a change!
  • edited February 2011
    Hi fellas,

Guest host: Jessie May

Silly guest host: Lady Gaga (pokerface-so bad)

Regards

Dan
  • edited February 2011
    Hi, guys..quick hand request

Hand History #346219239

Wondering if Wayne would make the call here..
    I've only been at the table 5 minutes and don't really know the player who shoved, i think the fact it's 2p/4p made me call, but would he make the call if he was sat at the 1.50/3 pound tables for his full buy in..
  • edited February 2011
    i guys sneaked out off hospital AGAIN lol ( having op on monday ) can you thank all forum mates for well wishes THERE THE BEST AND THIS IS THE BEST FORUM and congrates to donkeyplop, well his misses on there baby,
    i would love to see emu as a guest, then we will really see how annoyed tikey will get when emu get`s the nuts
  • ckdckd
    edited February 2011

id like to see john juanda on the show

hes not one of the always talked about players but i think his game is amazing....some of the reads hes made is unreal thought and hes not as good with it as others but his game is still good

could you also give a shout out for the ckd vs sky dave please post up ideas for my forfit if i lose