You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should i have folded

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic

CardsAmountPotBalanceleakerSmall blind 800.00800.0022302.50manotheskyBig blind 1600.002400.0038370.00 Your hole cards1010   Ash8515Fold    19juvenileRaise 8000.0010400.0051858.50leakerFold    manotheskyAll-in 38370.0048770.000.0019juvenileCall 31970.0080740.0019888.50manotheskyShowKA   19juvenileShow1010   Flop  KQ2   Turn  5   River  3   manotheskyWinPair of Kings80740.00 80740.00PrevClose windowNe

Comments

• edited February 2011
    No it's an easy all in shove pre

EDIT: that is because you're in the big blind. If you were in a different position then you have an awkward stack size for the hand. But as you're in the bb, even if someone only limps then shoving would always work. It would be a 'little' bit ott if it were the small blind who limped - but by shoving you avoid any problems post flop against the small blind.
  • edited February 2011
    Ithank n Response to Re: should i have folded:
    No it's an easy all in shove pre EDIT: that is because you're in the big blind. If you were in a different position then you have an awkward stack size for the hand. But as you're in the bb, even if someone only limps then shoving would always work. It would be a 'little' bit ott if it were the small blind who limped - but by shoving you avoid any problems post flop against the small blind.
    Posted by BelovedLtd
    thank you
  • edited February 2011
    You got your money in and you were ahead. Did nothing wrong in my opinion. If you can do that every hand you play then you will do ok.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: should i have folded:
    You got your money in and you were ahead. Did nothing wrong in my opinion. If you can do that every hand you play then you will do ok.
    Posted by DrSharp
    thank you
  • edited February 2011
    im making my decision entirely on how far away the bubble is. If your miles away from getting in the money then im calling everyday. If your already in the money im calling. If i just need one maybe two more people to go out and the short stack is very low im being more cautious and maybe folding.
  • edited February 2011
    forget about callin or not, seriously dont open so big! opening 8k is crazy
  • edited February 2011
    No it's an easy all in shove pre EDIT: that is because you're in the big blind. If you were in a different position then you have an awkward stack size for the hand. But as you're in the bb, even if someone only limps then shoving would always work. It would be a 'little' bit ott if it were the small blind who limped - but by shoving you avoid any problems post flop against the small blind.
    Posted by BelovedLtd
    thx mate
  • edited February 2011
    im making my decision entirely on how far away the bubble is. If your miles away from getting in the money then im calling everyday. If your already in the money im calling. If i just need one maybe two more people to go out and the short stack is very low im being more cautious and maybe folding.
    Posted by leon621
    thx mate
  • edited February 2011
    forget about callin or not, seriously dont open so big! opening 8k is crazy
    Posted by ratedRKO
    thx for advice mate