You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rules of golf - adjudication required

edited February 2011 in The Shed
I was playing a round of golf with my best mate and he teed up a brand new top of the range titleist pro v golf ball, cost - £2 and put it straight into the rough with his first shot. He played a provisional straight down the middle of the fairway, we went to look for his ball and after 5 minutes he said 'i declare that ball lost, i will play the provisional' Just after he hit the alternative ball i found his lost ball, i shouted over to him that id found it and he said cheers throw it over. I said ' eff off you declared it lost so its finders keepers' so my question is - who should keep the ball! 

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Rules of golf - adjudication required:
    I was playing a round of golf with my best mate and he teed up a brand new top of the range titleist pro v golf ball, cost - £2 and put it straight into the rough with his first shot. He played a provisional straight down the middle of the fairway, we went to look for his ball and after 5 minutes he said 'i declare that ball lost, i will play the provisional' Just after he hit the alternative ball i found his lost ball, i shouted over to him that id found it and he said cheers throw it over. I said ' eff off you declared it lost so its finders keepers' so my question is - who should keep the ball! 
    Posted by loonytoons
    You get the ball and lose a mate.
  • edited February 2011
    Keep the PRO V1 and your best mates a rotten cheat 

;)
  • edited February 2011
    If he truly is your best mate you give him the ball back or you may find yrself looking for a new best bud and for what the sake of £2!
    On the other hand you could sell it him back for say £1.50 being used an all, gotta make those edges count!