You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Freerolls - eliminate the no-shows

I'm sure this will have been posted before, but any chance of automatically eliminating the no-shows say 15 minutes in?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Hi BigBluster - You're right, it has been mentioned before...understandably! Unfortunately, we currently don't have the system to do this and, sometimes (although rarely) players enter the tournament late on. It is currently with the "powers that be" however so don't be surprised if it starts happening in the future!

Thanks for the input,
    Jordan
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Freerolls - eliminate the no-shows:
    Hi BigBluster - You're right, it has been mentioned before...understandably! Unfortunately, we currently don't have the system to do this and, sometimes (although rarely) players enter the tournament late on. It is currently with the "powers that be" however so don't be surprised if it starts happening in the future! Thanks for the input, Jordan
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    I hope that this is only going to apply to freerolls, as I and I think a lot of other players  turn of late for games on occasion , especially the deepstacks with 12 or 15 minute blinds.

Steve
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Steve,

Yes it is being looked at for freerolls but nothing has been decided. It is unlikely to go through as changing the format on freerolls only would be a pretty big job I would have thought!

Cheers,
    Jordan
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Freerolls - eliminate the no-shows:
    Hi Steve, Yes it is being looked at for freerolls but nothing has been decided. It is unlikely to go through as changing the format on freerolls only would be a pretty big job I would have thought! Cheers, Jordan
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    I have posted on this issue before, and there is a simple solution, not involving any software changes. Thinking more of events like the League stars freeroll,why not only open the lobby for registration 30 mins before the start?
    This would ensure that only those available and intending to play registered.