You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

my first day/night on skypoker

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
Hi guys, posted the other day here just basically introducing myself. today was my first day on skypoker & its been brilliant - and long lol!

been playing poker for about a year or so just with my mates (v GOOD playas) who have helped me alot with my game and online freerolls on other site, after studying the game a fair bit I finally decided to have a crack at the game for real and today was my first experience.

i deposited £100 & have been all ova the site today - played about 4/5 mtt's no good in any - but all of em were sick outdraws! but thats poker. couple of heads up sngs which i won and couple dym's which tbh i wasnt so keen on & cash - LOVE IT!

although bankroll management wasnt used at all lol it was mainly just a practise day to see how i would get on and turned out brilliant - managed to spin £100 upto £259 playing various levels nl10-nl50 just spent an hour or so going thru hh and am pleased with how i played-dont think i did too much wrong. yep i know its not wise/daft playing out of bankroll but its not money i was scared of losing & never felt out of my depth and am able to deposit again if i need to. and for a fun playa i dont think b/r management matters all that much tbh.

i really like the community here - the poker clinic section is great, ive already gained some good advice & and have been posting on loads of threads over last couple of days hopefully giving some decent advice but also for my own benefit because if anything ive said is wrong then ppl have pointed things out and ive taken it all on board. im gonna be readin/postin as much as poss on there, coz i think it will only improve my game. - so if anyone reads something i post and disagree then plz point it out!-the more opinions the better imo

anyway im ramblin, and dont really know the point of this thread lol but just wanted to say cool site & really good cool helpful ppl - & hopefully ill be around for a while :-)

RKO

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Seems you enjoyed it which is the main thing and a nice profit to

Time flies when your havin fun- I bet u didnt think u,d be on till half 5 in the morning - its suprising how quickly it goes from midnight onwards

GL - MP 
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: my first day/night on skypoker:
    Seems you enjoyed it which is the main thing and a nice profit to Time flies when your havin fun- I bet u didnt think u,d be on till half 5 in the morning - its suprising how quickly it goes from midnight onwards GL - MP 
    Posted by MP33
    haha too right! ridiculous time to still be awake tbh!! - i think i started about 3pm this afternoon and been playin on/off all nite! off for some kip now!!

cheers anyway bud.
  • edited February 2011
    Nice post mate - GL
  • edited February 2011
    nice post.

Certainly going by some of your posts in the clinic you have good foundations to build upon, im sure theres maybe been a couple of hands we have disagreed on but thats the whole point of the clinic.

I was going to hve a long session last night to but by 1.30 i couldnt keep my eyes open any longer. Although ive made mistakes playing out of BRM you have stated you are playing for fun, so as you said its not quite as important. Expessially if you are willing to bring money back.

Can i ask, beenween the levels you played last night at cash did you notice a huge differance? I know it was a saturday night so probably the best night to be doing that but just a curiousit thing.
  • edited February 2011
    welcome, good luck and enjoy.

• edited February 2011
    gl fella
    the community on here is the best

In Response to my first day/night on skypoker:
    Hi guys, posted the other day here just basically introducing myself. today was my first day on skypoker & its been brilliant - and long lol! been playing poker for about a year or so just with my mates (v GOOD playas) who have helped me alot with my game and online freerolls on other site, after studying the game a fair bit I finally decided to have a crack at the game for real and today was my first experience. i deposited £100 & have been all ova the site today - played about 4/5 mtt's no good in any - but all of em were sick outdraws! but thats poker. couple of heads up sngs which i won and couple dym's which tbh i wasnt so keen on & cash - LOVE IT! although bankroll management wasnt used at all lol it was mainly just a practise day to see how i would get on and turned out brilliant - managed to spin £100 upto £259 playing various levels nl10-nl50 just spent an hour or so going thru hh and am pleased with how i played-dont think i did too much wrong. yep i know its not wise/daft playing out of bankroll but its not money i was scared of losing & never felt out of my depth and am able to deposit again if i need to. and for a fun playa i dont think b/r management matters all that much tbh. i really like the community here - the poker clinic section is great, ive already gained some good advice & and have been posting on loads of threads over last couple of days hopefully giving some decent advice but also for my own benefit because if anything ive said is wrong then ppl have pointed things out and ive taken it all on board. im gonna be readin/postin as much as poss on there, coz i think it will only improve my game. - so if anyone reads something i post and disagree then plz point it out!-the more opinions the better imo anyway im ramblin, and dont really know the point of this thread lol but just wanted to say cool site & really good cool helpful ppl - & hopefully ill be around for a while :-) RKO
    Posted by ratedRKO
  • edited February 2011

Welcome, good Post Mr RKO.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to my first day/night on skypoker:
    i really like the community here - the poker clinic section is great, ive already gained some good advice & and have been posting on loads of threads over last couple of days hopefully giving some decent advice but also for my own benefit because if anything ive said is wrong then ppl have pointed things out and ive taken it all on board. im gonna be readin/postin as much as poss on there, coz i think it will only improve my game. - so if anyone reads something i post and disagree then plz point it out!-the more opinions the better imo anyway im ramblin, and dont really know the point of this thread lol but just wanted to say cool site & really good cool helpful ppl - & hopefully ill be around for a while :-) RKO
    Posted by ratedRKO
    RKO, i do exactly the same regards the community. I am just a beginner and the advice i give (not so much)and get on there is great. If i am wrong, it is pointed out and taken on board. Everybody is very welcoming which is refreshing for a forum.
  • edited February 2011

I want my 30 quid back.

GL.

• edited February 2011
    I want my 30 quid back. GL.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol what a surprise Dohhhhhh gets stacked by a newbie.

has made my day that.:)
  • edited February 2011
    welcome and well done, best of luck hope i see you at the tables
  • edited February 2011
    Got stacked by 7 of em in under 1 hour over 6 tables last night.

The most brutal session I've ever had.

T'was scary.

I was recovering well, planning an all nighter to get back into profit, then this happened. 400xbb pot rivered.

Actally felt like the computer had punched me in the stomach !!!
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £55.56
    Liberachi7 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £52.97
      Your hole cards
    • K

XXX67 Call  £0.30 £0.75 £57.34
    acebandit Call  £0.30 £1.05 £55.90
    rats107 Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £0.15 £1.20 £55.41
    Liberachi7 Check     
    Flop

• J
    • Q

DOHHHHHHH Check     
    Liberachi7 Check     
    XXX67 Check     
    acebandit Bet  £1.20 £2.40 £54.70
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £3.60 £6.00 £51.81
    Liberachi7 Fold     
    XXX67 Fold     
    acebandit Call  £2.40 £8.40 £52.30
    Turn

DOHHHHHHH Bet  £6.30 £14.70 £45.51
    acebandit Raise  £16.80 £31.50 £35.50
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £45.51 £77.01 £0.00
    acebandit Call  £35.01 £112.02 £0.49
    DOHHHHHHH Show
    • K

acebandit Show

River

• J

acebandit Win Full House, 9s and Jacks £110.22  £110.71
    Think of it as an added welcome bonus ;)
  • edited February 2011
    cheers for the messages guys! response to thedon - yeah obv there will be quite a massive difference between nl10 & nl50 but i think at any level you can spot the players who know what there doing & the players who dont.

i opened up 3 nl50 tables at once last night (so pretty much all my cash was in play at the time) sat didnt really get involved just watchin and trying to pick which table of the 3 was the easier game - obv i dont know the players on here yet, but even after 1 night there are already a couple of players i know not to get involved with. when i decided which table, i closed the other 2 down and concentrated solely on that game, obv loosening up a little then.
    playing nl50 when i had only about 3 buyins at the time isnt wise at all tbh but if u got a bit of spare cash & aint worried about losing - taking shots is the best way to build up a bankroll (but also a quick way to lose money!) as long as u know u can compete & are prepared to go busto! 

gonna be a bit stricter today, going to try and sat into the primo tourney via the semi (£12) at 5pm which will leave me just under £250 with that i will stick to nl20/nl30
  • edited February 2011
    Got stacked by 7 of em in under 1 hour over 6 tables last night. The most brutal session I've ever had. T'was scary. I was recovering well, planning an all nighter to get back into profit, then this happened. 400xbb pot rivered. Actally felt like the computer had punched me in the stomach !!! Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance DOHHHHHHH Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £55.56 Liberachi7 Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £52.97   Your hole cards 10 K       XXX67 Call   £0.30 £0.75 £57.34 acebandit Call   £0.30 £1.05 £55.90 rats107 Fold         DOHHHHHHH Call   £0.15 £1.20 £55.41 Liberachi7 Check         Flop     J 9 Q       DOHHHHHHH Check         Liberachi7 Check         XXX67 Check         acebandit Bet   £1.20 £2.40 £54.70 DOHHHHHHH Raise   £3.60 £6.00 £51.81 Liberachi7 Fold         XXX67 Fold         acebandit Call   £2.40 £8.40 £52.30 Turn     4       DOHHHHHHH Bet   £6.30 £14.70 £45.51 acebandit Raise   £16.80 £31.50 £35.50 DOHHHHHHH All-in   £45.51 £77.01 £0.00 acebandit Call   £35.01 £112.02 £0.49 DOHHHHHHH Show 10 K       acebandit Show 9 9       River     J       acebandit Win Full House, 9s and Jacks £110.22   £110.71 Think of it as an added welcome bonus ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ouch! Well watch the rerun of mastercash and see Chemlist get done on a 1 outer on the river (quads over fh)plus loads of other bad beats he had on cash 300 and you may feel a bit better.

You will surley recoup all lost last night and bounce back in no time.

I did wonder why i couldnt find you at 3am last night, now i know why!

• edited February 2011
    sky do let u av the hands 1st few days  then u get the treatment we all get  shi
  • edited February 2011
    I want my 30 quid back. GL.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    really unlucky in the hand you posted mate, the villian limping c/o with 99 not great! i think the hand where i took a bit of ya you had a set and i turned a flush! sure you will get it back off me at some point!