You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should i get away from this at the Turn

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
ctionCardsAmountPotBalance
hurst05 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £58.65
Rknowlez Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £49.50
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

craigieboy Fold     
Spad3s Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £48.46
BENDOG40 Fold     
hurst05 Fold     
Rknowlez Call  £1.00 £3.25 £48.50
Flop

Rknowlez Check     
Spad3s Check     
Turn

Rknowlez Bet  £2.00 £5.25 £46.50
Spad3s Raise  £6.50 £11.75 £41.96
Rknowlez Call  £4.50 £16.25 £42.00
River

• J

Rknowlez Check     
Spad3s Bet  £11.00 £27.25 £30.96
Rknowlez Call  £11.00 £38.25 £31.00
Spad3s Show

Rknowlez Muck
  • A
  • J

Spad3s Win Three 10s £36.45  £67.41

Ive just joined the table and have never played with this player before but get in these positions alot how do i work out my odds i should be getting to make this call if i think my ace is good aswell

Comments

• edited February 2011

I would 3bet pre personally, a c/o unopened raising range is wide so good chance u have best hand (especially at these stakes im guessin) if called lead out on most flops & win money! - obv in this instant he would call pre flop top set so your gonna get called, so just shutdown. 

I aint a massive fan of just callin oop with AJ i guess you could argue 3bettin pre folds out weaker aces & buildin pots oop is never great but id still rather take that route rather than just call-miss most flops, check and get taken off!

• edited February 2011
    I would discourage 3-betting pre without reads RKO. The reasons for this is, is because only better will call from most opponents or we are flipping.

Post flop on this hand is appauling imo. Why do you think you A high is good, the guy re-raised you on the turn thats enough to tell anyone A high isnt good, ok he can do that with AK and thats the worst he can do it with.

Even on the river you dont actually beat much for the way this hand is played. So many opportunities to not lose money here.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Should i get away from this at the Turn:
    I would discourage 3-betting pre without reads RKO. The reasons for this is, is because only better will call from most opponents or we are flipping. Post flop on this hand is appauling imo. Why do you think you A high is good, the guy re-raised you on the turn thats enough to tell anyone A high isnt good, ok he can do that with AK and thats the worst he can do it with. Even on the river you dont actually beat much for the way this hand is played. So many opportunities to not lose money here.
    Posted by The_Don90
    this makes no sense at all to me. flipping? im not on about shovin the whole stack in!!....

why would u discourage 3bettin? AJ is v possibly ahead of villians c/o openin range by 3 bettin it gives us another way to win the pot with aggression if we both miss flop. he doesnt always have 10-10 or does he always flop a set.

callin is fine pre if thats how u want to play it, but like i said i aint massive fan of just callin oop, because we miss too many flops and we cant rep much - so we check, villian bets and we lose a pot we cud have possibly won if we showed a bit more aggresion
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Should i get away from this at the Turn : this makes no sense at all to me. flipping? im not on about shovin the whole stack in!!.... why would u discourage 3bettin? AJ is v possibly ahead of villians c/o openin range by 3 bettin it gives us another way to win the pot with aggression if we both miss flop. he doesnt always have 10-10 or does he always flop a set. callin is fine pre if thats how u want to play it, but like i said i aint massive fan of just callin oop, because we miss too many flops and we cant rep much - so we check, villian bets and we lose a pot we cud have possibly won if we showed a bit more aggresion
    Posted by ratedRKO
    If we 3-bet what is calling us?

AQ+ and Pocket Pairs.

So at best if we 3-bet we are in a flip situation. Worse doesnt call even with posision

If we flat and miss any part of the flop as we did, we can get away.
  • edited February 2011
    infact that is a stupid example lol....ill try and find a hand later from the cash session i played last night where it better explains what im trying to get at
    Posted by ratedRKO
    I was about to say that example you show is completely diff, Also i play your one the exact same as you did.