You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how do i get full value here

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
iv not long been on the table and dont really have reads on anyone but my eyes lit up after the flop. my initial thinking here is that im slow playing this slow. Then my buddy the voice in my head whispers someone could easily have the Ad here or maybe even 2 pair against 4 other players.  I put in a small raise to see if i can flush any of these hands out, but i only get one caller. i know i should be getting more from this but how should i go about it.
Maggiesdad Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £21.12
mike_c Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £12.12
  Your hole cards
  • Q

steveskin1 Call  £0.10 £0.25 £5.94
LICKITALL Raise  £0.40 £0.65 £18.83
best7mate Fold     
leon621 Call  £0.40 £1.05 £10.50
Maggiesdad Call  £0.35 £1.40 £20.77
mike_c Call  £0.30 £1.70 £11.82
steveskin1 Call  £0.30 £2.00 £5.64
Flop

• K
  • J

Maggiesdad Check     
mike_c Check     
steveskin1 Check     
LICKITALL Check     
leon621 Bet  £0.30 £2.30 £10.20
Maggiesdad Call  £0.30 £2.60 £20.47
mike_c Fold     
steveskin1 Fold     
LICKITALL Fold     
Turn

Maggiesdad Check     
leon621 Bet  £0.40 £3.00 £9.80
Maggiesdad Call  £0.40 £3.40 £20.07
River

Maggiesdad Check     
leon621 Bet  £0.80 £4.20 £9.00
Maggiesdad Call  £0.80 £5.00 £19.27
leon621 Show
  • Q

Maggiesdad Muck
  • J
  • A

leon621 Win Flush to the King £4.62  £13.62

Comments

• edited February 2011

why when u flop such a great hand multiway would u want to slowplay? why bet tiny amounts on every street and get nxt to nothing for a good hand? rather than thinking about slowplaying/trapping whatever just bet & keep on betting-get as much money poss for your good hands! - 1 potsized bet on the flop-even if only called by 1 player would amount to more than u got over 3 streets.

try and get out of habit of panickin when you have great hands (scared of losin customers woteva) just bet & bet strongly! - guarantee u would make more money overtime. have a session where u always bet strong with good hands, dont slowplay/trap etc just get as much dosh in as poss thru the streets and see what the results are at the end- u will probably be pleasantly surprised

• edited February 2011
    ahhhh leon, not 3wks ago i was playing the same with the same mentality. after getting a few weeks of abuse for it i decided to change my thinking and on the whole it works. rated is right, in this case if he has any part of it or drawing he will call a pot bet on flop, remember "most" people do not believe that if you hit the flop that hard you will bet out on it and will come along for the ride. a good player will run a mile when you put a 30p bet into a £3.40 pot. hopefully this is put in a more constructive way than the way i was told how bad i was playing these types of hands   phil
  • edited February 2011
    Yea i think both of the above posts are about perfect. I cant really say more than what they have said.

Bigger bets = Bigger Profits.
  • edited February 2011
    Yes. Betsizing is too small. Bet bigger as the others have said.
  • edited February 2011
    All of the above plus you are giving any player with a bare A diamonds the odds to hit.
  • edited February 2011
    get lost the lot of ya, your all wrong lol. im joking. it all sounds so obvious when the whole world says the same thing. Im glad you posted this kind of hand up phil it proves that im not the only one doing this, i just wish i read it. thanks all.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: how do i get full value here:
    get lost the lot of ya, your all wrong lol. im joking. it all sounds so obvious when the whole world says the same thing. Im glad you posted this kind of hand up phil it proves that im not the only one doing this, i just wish i read it. thanks all.
    Posted by leon621
    We've all been there mate.

One thing i now always look at, how strong is my hand? If its the nuts, or as close as, then i instantly start to think how to get stacks in.

Obv the turn and river can hurt that so i think of danger cards id slow down on, On this board even if a diamond comes and they have the lone A of diamonds then so be it.

If the board pairs then ill consider to re-asses.
  • edited February 2011
    Bet bigger, win more, simples.
  • edited February 2011
    Leon thanks for posting this,the replies are in my opinion spot on but it is not a perfect world and one of my mates strongly disagrees with this.Only last week he was looking at a few of my poker hands and in situations like this he is telling me that i am scaring my cusomer away.

My view is that if you give your opponent a cheap card or even worse a free card then dont complain when they hit their card and then take your stack.

It is all about opinions and i like the way rated has explained this and that will do for me.