You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Primo, Vegas, Oscars & Another Special Guest Star! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***)

13»

Comments

• edited February 2011
    BTW great show tonight guys  some really good analysis, as we've come to expect from the recent guests.

I'd just like to say that I think the open shoving stacks/re shoving stacks on Sky is less than on other sites/live tournies.  There are no antes on Sky, and also at the latter end of tournies on here it is unusual to have average stacks of more than 20bb.  And if the average stack is 20bb, then 15bb or so isn't that shallow, so you can adjust accordingly.

Also on Sky, it is rare that you will see people 3bet jamming with air, so I think that raise folding is ok still at like 15bb or so.

Of course I am probably wrong, just my opinion on things so thought I'd just throw it out there.

• edited February 2011
    can`t send e`mail for james quiz but who was the acter that first let wind off in blazing saddles -  i`v not a clue thought james would know ??
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks for my round of applause guys, much better than some sort of free tourny entry ;-)

And my real name is - Christian
    But my username is Christiann

Mindblowing i know ;-)
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Primo, Vegas, Oscars & Another Special Guest Star! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    Thanks for my round of applause guys, much better than some sort of free tourny entry ;-) And my real name is - Christian But my username is Christiann Mindblowing i know ;-)
    Posted by christiann
    LOL
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Primo, Vegas, Oscars & Another Special Guest Star! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    BTW great show tonight guys  some really good analysis, as we've come to expect from the recent guests. I'd just like to say that I think the open shoving stacks/re shoving stacks on Sky is less than on other sites/live tournies.  There are no antes on Sky, and also at the latter end of tournies on here it is unusual to have average stacks of more than 20bb.  And if the average stack is 20bb, then 15bb or so isn't that shallow, so you can adjust accordingly. Also on Sky, it is rare that you will see people 3bet jamming with air, so I think that raise folding is ok still at like 15bb or so. Of course I am probably wrong, just my opinion on things so thought I'd just throw it out there.
    Posted by scotty77
    don't listen to this man. I have never seen him win a tournament.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Primo, Vegas, Oscars & Another Special Guest Star! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : don't listen to this man. I have never seen him win a tournament.
    Posted by pryce6

won one today actually /brag

the 5.50 3pm 250 gtd ffs /beat
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Primo, Vegas, Oscars & Another Special Guest Star! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : won one today actually /brag the 5.50 3pm 250 gtd ffs /beat
    Posted by scotty77
    bout time you play ery single one :)
  • edited February 2011
    that question for the mutilator was from me you read my email address forgot i was not on the forum  tina
  • edited February 2011

Thought your guest tonight, Jamie Burland, was top notch.

Gave some analysis which was excellent, and in a very clear, easy to understand way.
    In a really good groove with guests atm.... keep it up.

• edited February 2011
    i cash bubbled in primo.....
  • edited February 2011
    Thought your guest tonight, Jamie Burland, was top notch. Gave some analysis which was excellent, and in a very clear, easy to understand way. In a really good groove with guests atm.... keep it up.
    Posted by jakally
    We aim to.  Thanks for your positive feedback, it's much appreciated :)
  • edited February 2011
    Thought your guest tonight, Jamie Burland, was top notch. Gave some analysis which was excellent, and in a very clear, easy to understand way. In a really good groove with guests atm.... keep it up.
    Posted by jakally
    I found it really interesting to compare Jamie with Paul Jackson. Both were excellent communicators, but had very different outlooks on the game. Bearing in mind that they are each very successful players, they had some different ideas. Jamie was often advocating min raising and sometimes flat calling, while Paul is obviously more aggressive.

I thinks its great to get contrasting views, it certainly makes me think about my game more. A definite improvement on the old days of little known celebs and washed up sports stars, long may it continue !
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Primo, Vegas, Oscars & Another Special Guest Star! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : I found it really interesting to compare Jamie with Paul Jackson. Both were excellent communicators, but had very different outlooks on the game. Bearing in mind that they are each very successful players, they had some different ideas. Jamie was often advocating min raising and sometimes flat calling, while Paul is obviously more aggressive. I thinks its great to get contrasting views, it certainly makes me think about my game more. A definite improvement on the old days of little known celebs and washed up sports stars, long may it continue !
    Posted by penguin7

Do you mean Richard Orford and Ed Giddins?????  :))))

+ 1 to the great guests there has been on these shows recently and long may it continue!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Primo, Vegas, Oscars & Another Special Guest Star! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : Do you mean Richard Orford and Ed Giddins?????  :)))) + 1 to the great guests there has been on these shows recently and long may it continue!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    LOL . I wasnt actually referring to that particular dynamic duo ! But then Rich did refer to me as one of our veteran players the other night !
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Primo, Vegas, Oscars & Another Special Guest Star! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : I found it really interesting to compare Jamie with Paul Jackson. Both were excellent communicators, but had very different outlooks on the game. Bearing in mind that they are each very successful players, they had some different ideas. Jamie was often advocating min raising and sometimes flat calling, while Paul is obviously more aggressive. I thinks its great to get contrasting views, it certainly makes me think about my game more. A definite improvement on the old days of little known celebs and washed up sports stars, long may it continue !
    Posted by penguin7

I'd suggest that minraising is a strategy of a more advanced aggressive player.