You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE ALL-ROUNDERS' LEAGUE - WEEK 4

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
Three things...

1)  If you want to know where you stand in the ARL, or review your results so far, please check out the league table, as compiled by MereNovice.  It's HERE.

2)  If you haven't entered any ARL events yet, this is the final week you can join the league, as you need to play two Hold'em tournaments and one Omaha event to be considered for the prizes.  Want to know more about those prizes?  Click HERE.

3)  This week's tournament is designed to be a bit of fun!  These are the all important details:

Monday 28th February
19:30  £10+£1  No Limit Hold'em Turbo Bounty Hunter
(2000 chips / 5 min blinds)

You can register HERE.

Best of luck.  In this format, you're gonna need it :-)

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I'm back in the land of the living, after almost sleeping through the most boring and predictable Oscars ceremony ever...

A reminder that this tournament takes place tonight.

So, sign up, sign up, sign up!

Look forward to seeing you at the tables later.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: THE ALL-ROUNDERS' LEAGUE - WEEK 4:
    I'm back in the land of the living, after almost sleeping through the most boring and predictable Oscars ceremony ever... A reminder that this tournament takes place tonight. So, sign up, sign up, sign up! Look forward to seeing you at the tables later.
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    I think next year they should liven it up and get Ricky Gervais to host it:))
  • edited February 2011
    se you in the turney tonight

I'm back in the land of the living, after almost sleeping through the most boring and predictable Oscars ceremony ever... A reminder that this tournament takes place tonight. So, sign up, sign up, sign up! Look forward to seeing you at the tables later.
    Posted by J-Hartigan
  • edited February 2011
    Looking forward to this one, hopefully i can find some 'run good' from somewhere :-)
  • edited February 2011

I'm in. Good luck all.

I'll be playing on my "tikay1" account..
  • edited February 2011
    I'm in. Good luck all. I'll be playing on my "tikay1" account..
    Posted by Tikay10
    Just remember this is 5 minute blinds so no time for a tikay nap:))
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: THE ALL-ROUNDERS' LEAGUE - WEEK 4 : Just remember this is 5 minute blinds so no time for a tikay nap:))
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Jeez, I wish!

There are THREE different Promotions which I'lll be playing tonight, compromising 4 different Tourneys, so no chance of a kip.

I'm in this one - 7.30 ARL.

The Forum DTD - 7.15, 7.45, & 8.30.

And the last night of the February League next door, which is the 8.30 TOTTY.

Looking forward to it, hopefully it'll be a little more peaceful than today has been.
  • edited February 2011
    just remember the following tk
    water off a ducks back
    about 4 months ago i was showered with abuse from the same player perhaps he has deeper issues

In Response to Re: THE ALL-ROUNDERS' LEAGUE - WEEK 4 : Jeez, I wish! There are THREE different Promotions which I'lll be playing tonight, compromising 4 different Tourneys, so no chance of a kip. I'm in this one - 7.30 ARL. The Forum DTD - 7.15, 7.45, & 8.30. And the last night of the February League next door, which is the 8.30 TOTTY. Looking forward to it, hopefully it'll be a little more peaceful than today has been.
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited February 2011
    Suffice to say, I'll also be playing PLO cash between 7pm and midnight.

I may also enter the TSP Classic (yes, I know I say that EVERY week and then never actually do it).

And I'll probably rail Tikay for a bit.  Mind you, I'm going to get really shirty if he takes more than 2.4 seconds to respond to me in the chat box!

• edited February 2011
    So far, 43 players have decided they're up for some Turbo BH fun and are chasing some ARL points...

angie552000  0BelovedLtd2000  0BigCes2000  0blankcheck2000  0BLOOMIN2000  0Bob102000  0brimicombe2000  0Cardbeater2000  0darich2000  0Direwolf2000  0djblacke042000  0doddles2000  0doyouwanti2000  0e-m82000  0FINS2000  0FlashFlush2000  0GELDY2000  0golfingjj2000  0goodylad212000  0GREGHOGG2000  0HAPPYNIGE42000  0HITMAN_RV2000  0howkie2000  0J-Hartigan2000  0karlluke2000  0kimpet2000  0Kiwini4u2000  0mabsue2000  0martin1112000  0MAXALLY2000  0nicky19752000  0pokerpenny2000  0RAB6422000  0rosjim12000  0sara36dd082000  0SoLack2000  0SolarCarro2000  0spear802000  0tempusfuge2000  0TheDart2000  0The_House2000  0tikay12000  0TommyD2000  0
  • edited February 2011
    Meanwhile, I'm starting the evening with some low-stakes PLO.

Lewisham is the place.  It's a 5p/10p table.

• edited February 2011
    We're up to 60 runners in the ARL event.

Awesome!

• edited February 2011
    Suffice to say, I'll also be playing PLO cash between 7pm and midnight. I may also enter the TSP Classic (yes, I know I say that EVERY week and then never actually do it). And I'll probably rail Tikay for a bit.  Mind you, I'm going to get really shirty if he takes more than 2.4 seconds to respond to me in the chat box!
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    lol, behave. You'd not be the first to do that this month.

Good luck all in the ARL.
  • edited February 2011
    We started with 68 runners.

And we're already down to 67!

Well, it's a Turbo...

• edited February 2011
    lol 13 mins in and as usual AA beaten by Q 10

Time to grind then

Dave
  • edited February 2011
    Whoops i forgot to register for this weeks leg - SILLY OLD ME!..........lololololol

At least next weeks leg is one i am bound not to win in the form of the Deep Stack but the final week is where i hope to come into my own with my favourite of them all - PLO8! - Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
  • edited February 2011
    Never recovered from AA losing to Q 10

Out 41st but beat the Badminton reject!!

Dave
  • edited February 2011
    We started with 68 runners. And we're already down to 67! Well, it's a Turbo...
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Was the monster 66 v JJ all in after the 8 high flop

No suckout!
  • edited February 2011
    And I'm OUT!

Lost a flip...busted in 36th place...failed to claim a single bounty...what a loser...

So, I WILL be playing the TSP Classic at 9pm.

In the meantime, I'm going to return to the Omaha cash tables.

I'm at Madeley - 5p/10p PLO.

• edited February 2011
    Good fun but same old same old, all in ak v aq - queen on the river, no suprise there, wonder when this variance thing shows it's other side.
  • edited February 2011
    Well done to the final six - particularly tonight's winner, HAPPYNIGE4:

HAPPYNIGE41360001£102 + £108.51 Head Prizes + 40 League Points13tempusfuge02£68 + £18.99 Head Prizes + 36 League Points4poole1003£47.60 + £16.88 Head Prizes + 28 League Points4TRPLAAA04£34 + £10.78 Head Prizes + 22 League Points2howkie05£27.20 + £16.17 Head Prizes + 18 League Points4goodylad2106£23.80 + £9.38 Head Prizes + 14 League Points2

It'll be interesting to see how the ARL table looks now.  MereNovice, it's over to you...

• edited February 2011
    Meanwhile, the TSP Classic has just got underway with 189 runners.

Good luck, everyone!

• edited February 2011
    So, with two events to play, tempusfuge is sitting at the top of the ARL TABLE.

And, rather depressingly, Tikay has moved ahead of me in the rankings...

• edited February 2011
    Meanwhile, the TSP Classic has just got underway with 189 runners. Good luck, everyone!
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    And i've just gone out, limped to my bb, check J7H, flop a flush...all goes in and he has the nut flush :-) run worse?
  • edited February 2011
    Good fun but same old same old, all in ak v aq - queen on the river, no suprise there, wonder when this variance thing shows it's other side.
    Posted by christiann
    Unlucky, I hate to say it but for me it took about 8 months for the upswing to kick in.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: THE ALL-ROUNDERS' LEAGUE - WEEK 4 : Unlucky, I hate to say it but for me it took about 8 months for the upswing to kick in.
    Posted by Kiwini4u

Oh, just a few more months then! lol
  • edited February 2011
    I've made it to the first break in the TSP Classic.

I'm 49th out of 82 players - with a stack of 3,480 (23bbs).

• edited February 2011
    We're at the second break in the TSP Classic.

21 players remain.  20 get paid!

I'm 17th of 21 with 9,435 (9bbs).  I'm a shovin' - 'cause I don't fear no bubble...

• edited March 2011
    It's final table time in the Team Sky Poker Classic...  Yes, please allow me to shamelessly brag that I've made back-to-back TSP Classic FTs!!!  (I appreciate I have a long way to go before matching lJAMESl's record, but it's a start...)

I'm 3rd in chips, but we're all pretty short, so good-old variance is a major factor :)

I don't expect this to go on for much longer.

• edited March 2011
    OMG - I binked a win!

Yes, after my 3rd place finish in the TSP Classic last month, I've just taken down the tournament for £510...which I don't get to keep...

Well done to the other five finalists and apologies (where appropriate) for the suck-outs.  Huge thanks to everyone who railed the final table.  Your messages of support were really appreciated and I love the fact I was having to answer movie trivia questions, while playing three-handed :)

See you next Monday for the penultimate leg of the ARL.  It's a good one - it's the No Limit Hold'em Deepstack!