You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

another how to get full value question

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
last night i posted a hand and asked the question how to get paid with a very nice flop. In this hand the flop was even kinder. it must be christmas. In this however i am playing in a bounty hunter tournament and im not sure that the same rules apply (put a pot sized bet in). i was switch to the table about five hands ago and if i could give any reads they would be, everyone on the table only seems to bet hands they believe they can win.
the question is surely be aggresive or researved hoping my opponents hit something strong
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
boothy23 Small blind  15.00 15.00 3635.00
HARRYSPURS Big blind  30.00 45.00 2330.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

kentucky Call  30.00 75.00 1970.00
MOP72 Fold     
LeoBooBoo Fold     
leon621 Raise  180.00 255.00 3510.00
boothy23 Call  165.00 420.00 3470.00
HARRYSPURS Fold     
kentucky Call  150.00 570.00 1820.00
Flop

• A
  • A

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I see that nobody has attempted to answer this one and in a lot of ways understand why. Usually when you hit the stone nuts on the flop you want to allow your opponent to catch up, The hand is even better coz you have position. Unfortunately you have cut the history off before showing if he bets out or not.
    He has called a strong pf raise so you have to assume he has some kind of hand, so your bet has to keep him in. If he bets I think I would flat call and hope to repeat it on the turn giving him 2 chances of improving his hand. If he checks do you check behind? I would put in a weak 3/4 pot bet to encourage him and do the same on the turn. If he folds so be it, you wont get value from a monster if you dont bet it.
  • edited March 2011
    Wish I got to see as kinda flop occasionally!

I agree with penguin.

Let them try to catch up but you do have to do your own betting if they check. Make it look weak and build the pot.

There are some hands they could have if your lucky, but in the blinds against your raise I'd fold most hands this early preflop. So perhaps there is a pair out there KK or even better 88. You may get action from a flush draw or a backdoor straight draw but you have to keep them interested by calling or betting relatively small.

If you show any aggression surely they fold!

Now you show us they both went all-in post flop and you happily collected bounty.
  • edited March 2011
    cheers guys i cant be bothered to go back to find it, but one of these players put a 60 raise in in which i followed on by raising about 3x followed by my opponent folding. In this case i lost my customer but i just wanted to know if i done everything correct knowing i could'nt be beaten, not to mention there is a chance both players have called for the simple reason were sat at a bounty hunter sat which could promp people into playing looser hands KT, 9T suited etc