You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should chat be banned on all-ins

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat

Chris,

This will not make any difference.

In my opinion, yes, Chat should be banned during all-ins, but it will take some time to implement, even assuming the Suits agree. The result of a Poll will not change that, as it is, imo, a clear & simple decision, which will be implemented in the due order of priorities. It's not been a problem here historically, but it will need addressing at some time. 

In the interim, the players can take some responsibility for better chat-box etiquette, too. It's a 2 way street.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    following on from another thread in the forum
    here is a simple question

Should chat be banned before an All-In is called?
    lets have your thoughts on the above hopefully the results can be passed on to the Sky Suits and if possible action taken / or not as the case may be.
  • edited February 2011

I'd like to see a more strict/less confusing list of chatbox rules published, which players get emailed, must tick a box and return to sky to say they agree and accept the conditions, and are aware of the consequences should the rules be breeched.

Then players have to accept full responsibility for their actions, and less of this "common sense will prevail" attitude, as obviously, it does not........

I don't even see that what happened last night is wrong. Can someone point me in the direction of something on the site that says it was?

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: should chat be banned on all-ins:
    Chris, This will not make any difference. In my opinion, yes, Chat should be banned during all-ins, but it will take some time to implement, even assuming the Suits agree. The result of a Poll will not change that, as it is, imo, a clear & simple decision, which will be implemented in the due order of priorities. It's not been a problem here historically, but it will need addressing at some time.  In the interim, the players can take some responsibility for better chat-box etiquette, too. It's a 2 way street.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay,
    thanks again for your honest reply,  although I hope you don't mind players coming on to post & vote if desired, their thoughts on the matter.
    As you rightly say it is a 2 way street  and I am convinced the vast majority of Sky Poker Players do observe chat-box etiquette properly.
    What happened happened and I think the 2 players concerned have shown great understanding and maturity in resolving the matter between themselves.
  • edited February 2011
    I replied 'NO' if you cant make your own decisions then you should not be playing !!

So if your lucky enough to get on a FT, are you saying that someone on the rail can influence your decision, because i for one would seriously doubt it !!

Whenever i get too a FT i always go on mini so i dont get distracted, if your reading comments on the rail instead of concentrating it is a serious leek in your game imo !!
  • edited February 2011
    I'd like to see a more strict/less confusing list of chatbox rules published, which players get emailed, must tick a box and return to sky to say they agree and accept the conditions, and are aware of the consequences should the rules be breeched. Then players have to accept full responsibility for their actions, and less of this "common sense will prevail" attitude, as obviously, it does not........ I don't even see that what happened last night is wrong. Can someone point me in the direction of something on the site that says it was?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Fine Post, & fair comment.

Sent upstairs for inspection. The Post, not Dohhhhhh........
  • edited February 2011
    I'd like to see a more strict/less confusing list of chatbox rules published, which players get emailed, must tick a box and return to sky to say they agree and accept the conditions, and are aware of the consequences should the rules be breeched. Then players have to accept full responsibility for their actions, and less of this "common sense will prevail" attitude, as obviously, it does not........ I don't even see that what happened last night is wrong. Can someone point me in the direction of something on the site that says it was?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

It is a good point you've made Dohhhhhhh  ( OMG did I say that out loud ;o)  )

As many people have their first experience of Poker on line, it makes sense to let them have a clear understanding of the etiquette of the game.

As well as making it a more enjoyable experience for all the on line players, it'll prevent the newbies getting a slap in the chops the first time they play live ;o)

• edited February 2011
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Not that I'm a huge fan of his stories, but Trevor Harris has told the one about his heads up game in Vegas (he goes there you know) where his opponents mate sat at the table and told her what to do, he called the floor manager and she was removed spitting and swearing according to Trev. It might not be in the official sky rules but we all know telling a player how to act in a hand from the rail is well out of order.

• edited February 2011
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

when you do play live, I suggest you start commentating/offering advice while in the middle of a hand.  see where that gets you :)

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: should chat be banned on all-ins : when you do play live, I suggest you start commentating/offering advice while in the middle of a hand.  see where that gets you :)
    Posted by scotty77

Lol.....  A belter.  Love your work Scotty.

By the way you owe me a dry cleaning bill.  I just wet myself reading that one ;o)

• edited February 2011
    I've heard the story, the woman sits at the table and looks at her cards right?

That's totally different.

I'd have done the same in Sims position, and be as p*d off as Hurst is in his position.....

But did it really need to come to this for the issue to be brought to light?

I've asked twice, (once on a new thread I started, and once on a very similar thread) as to what the rules are regarding exposing your hole cards as a player at the hand......

The only reply I got was to some vague rules, in the FAQ section of the site which said...

"We ask our players to behave with respect towards eachother...bla bla bla......"

There is nothing set in stone.

It's left up to us to interpret the rules, without any official sanctions in place, ofc we will do so to our advantage.

It wasnt a £10 dym, it was 10 grand, and his mate had a great shot at at winninng it.

If I was in Coxys position and my mates were watching, but kept quiet, I'd have kicked their a*rses.
  • edited February 2011
    We are all over 18 on here I hope and more than capable of making our own decisions. No matter what the rules say (which most folk won't read anyway) you will always get those who will break the rules fact. We should all take our own responsibility for what is right or wrong and not have medicine thrust down our throats every time some 1 makes a mistake. There are people employed here that make decisions when members step out of line let them do the job they are paid to do and let us all get on with winning and loosing at poker.

Good luck at the tables Ray
  • edited February 2011

By the way, Chris, your Poll is wrongly worded.

I think you mean, "BEFORE it is called". After the call, it makes no difference at all.

It says.....

"....Should Chat Automatically Be Banned When An ALL-IN Is Called?....."

• edited February 2011
    I voted yes, but as pointed out by Tikay the poll is incorrect. I vote yes to the chat box being disabled from the moment a player goes all-in, chat to resume as normal when the hand finishes. I'm used to it on other sites, it works fine.
  • edited February 2011
    By the way, Chris, your Poll is wrongly worded. I think you mean, "BEFORE it is called". After the call, it makes no difference at all. It says..... "....Should Chat Automatically Be Banned When An ALL-IN Is Called ?....."  
    Posted by Tikay10
    mid life crisis I think well that's one excuse the other is I speak Scouse but not English very well lol
  • edited February 2011
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    everything that comes out of your mouth is complete dribble, i wish you would gain some basic intelligence, in fact your name say's it ALL
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: should chat be banned on all-ins : everything that comes out of your mouth is complete dribble, i wish you would gain some basic intelligence, in fact your name say's it ALL
    Posted by LIAM5KING
       Over to you dohhh LOL
  • edited March 2011
    Also hand for hand and bubble?
  • edited March 2011
    Also hand for hand and bubble?
    Posted by AMYBR
    Yes - & it will arrive in due course, within the order of priorities.

There is no debate that it is needed, none whatsoever, & it will come.

But it is not just a little software code that can be changed overnight.

In the interim, I think the expectation that, on the whole, players continue to behave rationally & sensibly is not an unreasonable expectation. They have until now, pretty much, & the "fail" rate is incredibly small.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: should chat be banned on all-ins : everything that comes out of your mouth is complete dribble, i wish you would gain some basic intelligence, in fact your name say's it ALL
    Posted by LIAM5KING
    Lol, spend less time stalking my posts, and more time trying to qualify for your 75th Vegas final.

You could prob buy in direct with all the £2.80's you've spent trying to get there.
  • edited March 2011
    lol, why did u tell them u had AA?