You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Snap call?

Villain had only sat down a few hands before.
Villain Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £7.74
mmmchips Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £7.28
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

ZarAceStar Fold     
bull02 Fold     
josh966 Call  £0.08 £0.20 £1.61
Seagull158 Raise  £0.24 £0.44 £7.56
Villain Call  £0.20 £0.64 £7.54
mmmchips Fold     
josh966 Call  £0.16 £0.80 £1.45
Flop

Villain Check     
josh966 Check     
Seagull158 Bet  £0.56 £1.36 £7.00
Villain Call  £0.56 £1.92 £6.98
josh966 Fold     
Turn

Villain Check     
Seagull158 Bet  £2.00 £3.92 £5.00
Villain All-in  £6.98 £10.90 £0.00
Seagull158     

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I'd raise more preflop, bet bigger on flop. As for turn call, 56 got there but apart from that it's probably a call from me.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Snap call?:
    I'd raise more preflop, bet bigger on flop. As for turn call, 56 got there but apart from that it's probably a call from me.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    I'm betting 3/4 pot on the flop. Why would you raise more?
  • edited February 2011
    At this level if they're gonna call 56p they'll call 70p, not a massive amount but if your playing a lot it all adds up. Plus it makes the turn decision easier as pot will be more inflated.
  • edited February 2011
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Hi Dudeskin, i understand the bigger bet on the flop but i would'nt say there is much wrong with the 3xBB bet pre-flop. The argument i have in favour is, should'nt you keep your bet sizing especially pre-flop constant whether you have hit a monster or whether you are bluffing. If his standard raise is 3xBB, is'nt it good practice to keep that constant?

By the way, i am folding the hand depending on the read on the player.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Snap call? : Hi Dudeskin, i understand the bigger bet on the flop but i would'nt say there is much wrong with the 3xBB bet pre-flop. The argument i have in favour is, should'nt you keep your bet sizing especially pre-flop constant whether you have hit a monster or whether you are bluffing. If his standard raise is 3xBB, is'nt it good practice to keep that constant? By the way, i am folding the hand depending on the read on the player.
    Posted by DrSharp
    add 1bb for the limper at least. Because of the stakes I'm probably making this 40p
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Snap call? : Hi Dudeskin, i understand the bigger bet on the flop but i would'nt say there is much wrong with the 3xBB bet pre-flop. The argument i have in favour is, should'nt you keep your bet sizing especially pre-flop constant whether you have hit a monster or whether you are bluffing. If his standard raise is 3xBB, is'nt it good practice to keep that constant? By the way, i am folding the hand depending on the read on the player.
    Posted by DrSharp
    Most players won't notice varying bet sizing at this level, but even then surely after a limper 4x at least is the norm?
  • edited March 2011
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Snap call? : Most players won't notice varying bet sizing at this level, but even then surely after a limper 4x at least is the norm?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    I always raise 3*BB but I should have added a BB for the limper.
    For the record, I called, he showed 10 9o and my hand held up. Makes a change!