You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

thats all folks!

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
tonight is my last night playing on sky poker

about 2 yrs ago i stopped working due to illness, this has resulted in me and the missus falling behind with loan repayments etc....and we are at the stage now where in the next couple of weeks we have no other option but to file for bankruptcy :(

this means that i will not be allowed to take part in any form of gambling for 1 yr, so as of tomorrow i will be ringing customer care to withdraw my BR and close my account.

i am gutted as over the past couple of months i had built up a nice BR enabling me to play in the higher stakes MTTs for the first time, but i'm afraid debts come before poker!!
anyway, the past 2 yrs have been a blast and i have grown to love this game and regard this site as one of THE best around, the community here are all top people and i will def miss playing, guess i'm gonna have to take up knitting or binge drinking for the next year!!!!

i will still be watching the odd tourney on 865 and hope to see many of you forum regs going deep and getting some nice cashes!

i will def be back in a year and look forward to seeing you all at the tables again, i imagine i will be as rusty as hell and there will be easy money to be made off me!!!!!

all the best, Ryan

Comments

• edited February 2011

Ryan, really sorry to read this post bud. I sincerely hope that all goes well for you in the future and look forward to seeing you back here next year. Take care.
  • edited February 2011
    I've never actually spoken to you before, but seen you at a lot of tables,(you allways seem to steal my blinds), hey chin up you will be back, good luck. see you next year.
  • edited February 2011

Will the recording of your new album not help Rik?

Seriously though mate, all the best in the next few trying months for you Ryan and your family. Keep strong and i hope to see you back here sooner than later. 

Regards,

Alan
  • edited February 2011
    Gutted to hear this waller :( Hope to see you back in a year mate, good luck to you and best wishes

Dave
  • edited February 2011
    ahhh man thats gut wrenching i feel for ya bud,hope things pick up soon and ya get back on your feet
  • edited February 2011
    oh man enjoyed watching your table, even though you never knew i was there, REALLY HOPE IT ALL PICKS FOR YOU AND MISSES, my best regards and gl
  • edited February 2011
    That's bad news.

Hope you can get your finances sorted soon.
  • edited February 2011
    Luv ya waller and you will be much much missed.

Your primo final table was a real blast,eh rik? ;)

I thnk i speak for everyone who knows you that we all look very much forward to your return

Best of luck my friend xxx
  • edited February 2011
    Hope to see you back once your all sorted, gl xxx
  • edited February 2011
    Waller will be really sorry to see you go m8 but I hope everything works out for you and you come back a lot stronger for the experience.

You're a top bloke mate and The DTD will miss a great contributor

All the very best mate
  • edited March 2011
    OMG !!

Will miss you pal !!

(How about freerolls?????)

Dave
  • edited March 2011
    Sorry to hear ryan, your an excellent player and will defo be missed

pm me and keep in touch either on facerbook or m s n, let me know if you got any

all the best buddy, im sure ur turn it around

Kind Regards
    John
  • edited March 2011
    That's really bad news Waller and I wish you and your wife all the best for what must seem like an uncertain future.

If it's any consolation at this difficult time, it happens to many. Many years ago I lost my job and it caused serious financial problems for my family. It didn't quite come to bankrupcy but it was close. My wife was a tower of strength and we slowly worked our way out of the mess we were in. Over the next 30 years I was fortunate to have 3 successful businesses, something I wouldn't have done had I not lost my job all those years ago. It will seem bleak for you both at the moment but together you will get through it and hopefully come out stronger afterwards. 

I hope all turns out well for you both.

Alan
  • edited March 2011
    best wishes ryan and hope to welcome you back in the fold soon

must admit i used most of my winnings to pay off debts, glad a#i did but the BR has suffered since lol
  • edited March 2011

cheers guys
    yeah pretty tough time at the moment, we explored every other avenue but ultimately this is now our only option! oh well s**t happens and all that!

YG yeah i'm on facebook put ryan waller from grimsby and you should find me or i'll look for you whats your surname???

right guys see you all in 12 mnths!!!!

• edited March 2011
    Very sorry to read this.  You are a good player, make sure you come back.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: thats all folks!:
    cheers guys yeah pretty tough time at the moment, we explored every other avenue but ultimately this is now our only option! oh well s**t happens and all that! YG yeah i'm on facebook put ryan waller from grimsby and you should find me or i'll look for you whats your surname??? right guys see you all in 12 mnths!!!!
    Posted by waller02
    Ryan sent you a PM bud there's thousands of you on FB lol
  • edited March 2011
    sort it out rik

come back soonest
  • edited March 2011
    I'm very sorry to hear about the circumstances you find yourselves in, my crystal ball didn't see this coming. It's harsh that this happens just when you've reached a level where you're playing poker more profitably than ever before. I wish you and your wife the very best. See you at the tables in a year.
  • edited March 2011
    Im sorry to hear this m8 you are a top bloke and a cracking poker player :)

You will be better off when you go bankrupt no more debt a fresh start.I know plenty of people who have gone bankrupt some have to pay a little back but most dont pay anything back hope yours is the latter m8 :) 

Hope to see you soon 1 thing is sure you will be missed.  
  • edited March 2011
    Sorry to read this, played you for the first time last night and you seemed a very good player/person
    Hope it works out for you in the future x
  • edited March 2011
    Sorry to hear this Waller you will be missed
    Good luck in getting things sorted x
  • edited March 2011
    sorry to hear that Waller - supposed to be on a brk myself - didn,t expect you leaving tho especially   after your big cash the other week

Hope it works out for you and you stay in touch on forum -Paul 
  • edited March 2011
    Same on facebook there are too many lool

im john bev bevan, only 1 and im drinking a beer in the photo ;)
  • edited March 2011
    Hey waller I am in the same situation as you so know how you feel!

I've been off work for a while now and I have considered bankruptcy too, as I seem to be paying out more a month than im getting.

• edited March 2011
    Comrade Waller, I wish you and your family the strength to help you pull thru this, you have many friends here, stay in regular touch!

Good Luck!!
    Another friend liked this, thought i would share,

Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

• edited March 2011

hi waller matey... hope things get back on track for you soon.