You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Comments

• edited September 2009

It's a good question.

And I must warn you, that the path to true enlightenment is fraught with temptation, and terrifying tests of man's faith and steely resolve (I'm a fan of alliteration, me). 

Ultimately, although your quest is likely to be arduous, I'm convinced that the journey, and the hungry search for information, will make you (and all of us), better human beings. After all, it's far better to be a human doing, than a human being.

Your spirit and relentless search for fulfilment is therefore commendable. In summary; never be complacent enough to accept what is; never fear to imagine what might be; and never regret what once was (unless you did something particularly filthy).

Keep asking the questions, and good luck on your search padawan, for your way is the truth; and curiosity is your torch. Go well.

Finally, never play leapfrog with a unicorn, and never – ever wrestle with a pig (you just get dirty, and the pig enjoys it too much).

• edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Why?:
    It's a good question.   And I must warn you, that the path to true enlightenment is fraught with temptation, and terrifying tests of man's faith and steely resolve (I'm a fan of alliteration, me).    Ultimately, although your quest is likely to be arduous, I'm convinced that the journey, and the hungry search for information, will make you (and all of us), better human beings. After all, it's far better to be a human doing, than a human being.   Your spirit and relentless search for fulfilment is therefore commendable. In summary; never be complacent enough to accept what is; never fear to imagine what might be; and never regret what once was (unless you did something particularly filthy).   Keep asking the questions, and good luck on your search padawan, for your way is the truth; and curiosity is your torch. Go well.   Finally, never play leapfrog with a unicorn, and never – ever wrestle with a pig (you just get dirty, and the pig enjoys it too much).
    Posted by FlutNush
    Hmmmmmmm
  • edited September 2009
    I commend your measured approach to Flutnush's words, for although they may be uplifting and undoubtedly encouraging, they do present a picture of ceaseless struggle requiring not a little fortitude on your part.  While I'm not questioning your resolve or your desire to succeed in your quest, I feel a certain serious circumspection is necessary (I don't mind alliteration myself now and again).  The struggle itself will bring with it its own rewards in the form of a building of character and strengthening of will, but it's no less important to recognise that contentment can also be found closer to home in the form of family, friends and the £2.50 Bounty Hunter on a Monday night.  So, I leave you with this thought - don't let the dreams of today become the regrets of tomorrow.  Pursue your aspirations, but never lose sight of what you already have.  Incidentally, playing leapfrog with a unicorn isn't that bad if you catch it right.
  • edited September 2009
    I commend your measured approach to Flutnush's words, for although they may be uplifting and undoubtedly encouraging, they do present a picture of ceaseless struggle requiring not a little fortitude on your part.  While I'm not questioning your resolve or your desire to succeed in your quest, I feel a certain serious circumspection is necessary (I don't mind alliteration myself now and again).  The struggle itself will bring with it its own rewards in the form of a building of character and strengthening of will, but it's no less important to recognise that contentment can also be found closer to home in the form of family, friends and the £2.50 Bounty Hunter on a Monday night.  So, I leave you with this thought - don't let the dreams of today become the regrets of tomorrow.  Pursue your aspirations, but never lose sight of what you already have.  Incidentally, playing leapfrog with a unicorn isn't that bad if you catch it right.
    Posted by Taller_Guy
    Aaaahhhhh.
  • edited September 2009
  • edited September 2009
    WHY? - SO MANY ANSWERS X
  • edited September 2009
    To achieve the answer you must truly understand the question.

Why?????????
  • FBSFBS
    edited September 2009
    To achieve the answer you must truly understand the question. Why?????????
    Posted by THESWISS
    But I thought the answer had been determined ...

and it was

what was really required was to know the question
  • edited September 2009
    OMGG u kno blondes are more challenged at the best of times..............lmao
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Why? : But I thought the answer had been determined ... and it was 42, what was really required was to know the question
    Posted by FBS
    Wise words, my friend.  However, as we know, this was the answer to one specific question - namely, 'what is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?' (a big question, I grant you!) and as I recall, the true question turned out to be 'what is 6 x 9?' resulting in the conclusion that the universe was fundamentally flawed.

Each of us has that one fundamental question that we need to answer - and it's different for all of us.  In order to help our fellow Community member find the path to righteousness and true enlightenment, we must guide and support him as best we can.  However, only the being known as THESWISS knows where this path must lead.

For our part, we can suggest a Velocity satellite, for this will enhance his reflexes and sharpness of thought; a 30p DYM to instil humility and a compassion for those less fortunate than himself; and finally, perhaps a Deepstack, for this above all else will truly test his resolve and endurance, building a strength of character that can only be found in one that has survived four hours of arduous toil waiting for the opportunity to go all-in with 7-2 offsuit.

So there we have it, the blueprint to spiritual contentment.  Go well, travel hopefully and stay wise.

Graham