You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should i have folded?`

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
hi all

hand number 346009389 on cash table at 2011-02-26 12:06:53, blinds 4p 8p. I'm sitting with £30+ at the time.

Im in early position with KJ off suit, flat call, 2 others in the pot with a 3x raise. pot now £0.70 ish

flop comes J J 8 mixed suits. 1st player checks, i check and next player checks. believe this is my first mistake.

next card is 9, 1st player bets about half pot, I raise 2.5x and 3rd player goes all in for £5. player 1 goes all in for about £8. its about £6+ to call. do i call or fold? is this my 2nd mistake?

I passed and river comes paired 9 and would have made full house. did I have the odds to call, put one on straight and other maybe on full house beating me.

I know now slow playing wasnt good choice but should i have called their all ins with my stack?

thanks guys

keagan

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Question must be asked, if you put in 3bb pre with KJ offsuit, how good a flop did you want ? Not betting there is criminal ! I think you have to put one of them on hitting the draw. With two opponents your trips must be behind.
    So after the allins there was approx £16 in the pot, you had 10 outs for the probable nuts but it was £6 to call? The odds were against. Because they were both allin there were no implied odds from a value bet on the river.

The sad thing is that if you had bet the flop it  may have taken the draw out, but even if it hadnt it would have increased the pot and reduced the amount you had to call on the turn by enough to give you the odds