You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Michael's Sports Tips & Other Sports Interests - - Your Don't Have To Bet To Ave Fun "but i

edited November 2009 in The Shed

IT WAS none other than Bill "the black terror" Richmond  boxing career 1796-1805

and the Boxing match was Bill Richmond V Tom Cribb  oct 1805 got bigger headlines than Nelson Richmond managed to knock Cribb down in the 18th round but Cribb went on to win in the 60th round

Ali copied Richmond's unique Boxing style 
                                                                   &
                          the main characters in the Rocky Films came from THE LIFE OF BILL RICHMOND

BILL RICHMOND  -  ROCKY/ TOM CRIBB -  APOLLO / CAMELFORD  -  MICKY  &  TOM MOLYNEAX who was bill's prodigy who became the 1st coloured person to fight in the 1st ever WORLD BOXING CHAMPIONSHIP was portrayed in Rocky V I could go on but you get the idea

around 1821 bills Richmond Rooms Boxing Academy was knocked down and in its place Nelsons Collumn was built i reckon the 4 LIONS that surrond it represents the 2 battles that took place on oct 1805

Richmond V Cribb & Nelson V Napolean 

Before Camelford introduced boxing to the english gentry in 1800 to bet on they used to bet on Bear-Baiting

so the next time you go past Nelsons Collumn spare a thought for the Greatest Boxer that Ever Lived who Started life as a Slave in America got his Freedom & Passage to England had a fight with george moore over a matter of Honour whom he blinded in 20mins Camelford took him on and the rest is and always will be in English Sporting History he is held in high reguard remember his name  Bill "the black terror" Richmond

btw
     Bill Richmonds Prodigy Tom Molyneax fought Tom Cribb in the 1st ever WORLD BOXING CHAMPIONSHIP at East Grinstead England on 18th Dec 1810

michael  aka  dtwbandit

ps every xmas debt collectors would torment their clients with a roll of the dice if they rolled 1-5 they got a Milling(to beat/thrash/box) if they rolled a 6 as it was xmas they could roll again

Comments

• edited November 2009

am now back after illness btw have scrapped champions league tipster for now           appologies to all

michael aka dtw

• edited September 2009

"WELL DONE  RICH U WIN AGAIN"

RACE REPORT

hi all here is the full Race Report for Rich" the grinder" Orford's Win

Rich "the grinder" Orford played hard to Qualify for this charity challenge  his run of top ten finishes in MTT allowed him into this 125cc Special Race on the I.O.M.   So after a bit of coaching from Ian Lougher's Team & His Mentor

Tony "tikay" Kendal he was ready for all-commers

Richard  had to re-adapt as he had never ridden a 125cc racing Yamaha  he need not worry the mighty DaveyZZwas on hand to help(he recently bought a yamaha fizzy) with dry, sunny conditions for both qualifying sessions the guys had a game of DYM to relax which Tikay won  with ease. Rich was last  in the first 30-minute session, a time of 10m32.130s in the second he must have been reved up cause we all  saw him jump up the leaderboard and he lined up for the 5-lap race in sixth place and on the second row of the grid.

With a perfect start, he found himself in fifth place at the conclusion of the opening lap, with the pack bunching up after DaveyZZ crashed out at the hairpin as his Fizzy couldn't make it up the hill

However, the first three riders were able to make a bit of a break after the spill (Oynutter, Tikay & Ozzie08 )and Rich was in a terrific six-rider Battle ( Pam(tigs) supernova,Sky Rich TrevorH & the new kid on the block Sky Dave) for fourth with positions changing with frequent regularity. On the 4th lap  Rich could see the gap closing so pushed RESULT he was now clear 4th and gaining all the time on the leading pack . One by one he started to pick off  the rest of the rider and although they tried to claw there way back there was no opportunity to make matters worse Tikay  kept swerving and made it  very frustrating indeed for "The Grinder" However, he battled hard throughout the race and in the last 200m Rich pushed again and this time got past his mentor ( the Legend TK) to win the race

Speaking later Rich said;
    "It was a solid weekend for me here at Sky poker Charity weekend but extremely frustrating. Practice went extremely on the 1st session so had a game of DYM which tikay won so after that just pushed all in  and it was a case of  'happy days' when I took 6th place and the second row after qualifying but the race itself was hard work. I couldn't have asked for a better start and felt that I had the pace to go with Tikay ,Oynutter & Ozzie08 who went on to finish second  third & fourth but when DaveyZZ went down it allowed them to get away from the rest of us.
    I was also struggling a bit with grunt off the corners and with outright top speed  and whilst that made it difficult for me to overtake, it gave the riders behind me plenty of opportunities! I was really strong after lap 3 and thought i could win this i started to close the gap got passed oz & oy which left Tikay who was all over the track  so i just kept on waiting to pick my spot and it came in last 200m so i pushed all -in  for the finish and won it was a great feeling

dtw
  • edited September 2009
       Hi Guys & Girls

here are my predictions for coming season & my main teams i pick from every week

Prem             1.  Chelsea       2.  Liverpool   3.  Man. City  4. Man. utd or everton

champ           1. West Brom    2.  Leicester   3.  Sheff Utd

league  1        1. Norwich         2.  Leeds       3.  Gillingham

league  2        1.  Crewe          2.  Notts Co    3.  Morecambe

conference         1. Luton     2.  Cambridge  Utd

Top Scorer Anelka chelsea        and  league 2 any Morecambe Player

wonder what odds i would get for that lot 

be lucky 

michael  alias  DTWBANDIT
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: dtw's Sports Diary Petition for TV REPLAYS or some sort of Technology in Football Matches:
                I think its time the FA joined the 21st Century like they have  in Rugby         so i have started this Petition & if there is enough interest will start the next stage of the process   as i am a fan 1st/punter 2nd/and most importantly a great beleiver in fairplay                                                     In All Sports                                           So Lets All Get Behind This & See What Happens    many thanks    dtw   aka  michael
    Posted by DTWBANDIT

this is last reply to Ozzie08's post  (re other thread)

hi Oz here is reply to your post m8

totally agree with u m8 with all the whiz-kids & technologies around today there must be a way of implement something into the game of today i admit change is always a hard thing for example the footballs/goal posts / the pitch/ thegrounds/no terraces any more (miss them) the game is all polotics now i remember when football was just football everthing has changed we are always moving forward with new ideas if something gets enough support then it gets done its the way its always been it just needs a bit of clout to get it done

today's football rely's on sponsors as do most sports these same sponsors also sponsor various poker sites both online & live APAT has a sponsor that sponsors Premiership etc in this country 1 voice has always made a difference its what gets the ball rolling & eventually gets things done once people see its feasible then pressure is applied to get end result

this is 1 change that is long overdue the main obstacle is the FA in Lancaster Gate who's commitee's average age is from the 60's/70's so have misconceptions about technology in the 21st Century they are stuck in there ways & need to be convinced a change is needed

i strongly beleive that change should be now and sorted so its ready for next season even more so for the World Cup which England have a good chance of winning

michael
  • edited September 2009
    i think having a human element to football refereeing really adds to the game. one match you suffer the agony of a penalty that should have been but other times things swing your way. adding to much technical know-how would kill a vital component that makes football so good!

all my opinion of course - not necessarily the right one
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: dtw's Sports Diary - Intro & Welcome:
    i think having a human element to football refereeing really adds to the game. one match you suffer the agony of a penalty that should have been but other times things swing your way. adding to much technical know-how would kill a vital component that makes football so good! all my opinion of course - not necessarily the right one
    Posted by Sky_Rich

all opinions are always welcome either for or against on the one hand i agree refs are part of the game & will always be there as they give us something to debate about and all sports fans hate the ref on match days if things go against they teams so yes too much technology would be a bad thing

but what about the linesman good goals dis-allowed cause he can't see the ball crossing the line especially when its a crowded goal line then there's the Palace game not only did it fly over the line but hit the back of the goal and bounced back out you would think the linesman would have seen it but no and the list goes on

so how about just inserting a chip when footballs r made have sensors between the goal posts set so 1st contact with ball is a Goal cause nowadays refs r in contact with 4th official and he could be in contact with the ball simple solution and feasible it would be like a 3 way conversation which no one knows about ref blows his whistle goal

so lets hope the boffins sort it out as its not rocket science

dtw

• edited September 2009
    ok here goes lads

athletcio madrid 1/6
    man united 1/2
    real madrid 1/4
    bayern munich 4/9
    dinamo kiev 10/11
    sevilla 2/9
    liverpool 1/8

finally found the thread lol

webby
  • edited September 2009
    Sevilla 2/9
    Stuttgart 8/13
    bayern Munich 4/9
    man U 1/2
    Athletico Madrid 1/7
    Dinamo Kiev 10/11
    Liverpool 1/8
  • edited September 2009

have just pick me super 6 via sky rich's link on his  thread as i'm no good at picking correct goals scored but i do like a value bet i've done this stake 20p per line i have 6 lines so total outlay £1-20
    1. Hull v Birmingham
    2. Hull @ 5/4
    3. Bolton v Stoke
    4. Stoke @ 12/5
    5. Aston Villa v Portsmouth
    6. Aston Villa @ 2/5
    7. Arsenal v Wigan
    8. Arsenal @ 2/9
    9. Middlesbro' v West Brom
    10. West Brom @ 9/4
    11. Cardiff v Q.P.R.
    12. Cardiff @ 4/5
  • edited September 2009
    MY TIPS 2 NITE

LIVERPOOL AT SILLY ODDS

SEVILLA

READING/CARDIFF DRAW

NEWCASTLE

4X 10.00 TREBLES 1 X 5.00 ACC

PAYS 319.00........
  • edited September 2009
    ALSO LIKE THE LOOK OF 0  0 AT 9S READING/CARDIFF,, MAYBE SAME SCORE BPOOL GEORDIES SO IVE DONE 2.50 ON EACH AND 1.00 DOUBLE

NO GOALS PLEASE..........
  • edited September 2009
    GUYS DONT 4 GET SCORES ON THE DOORS COMP UTD V CITY
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Michael's Sports Tips & Other Sports Interests - - Your Don't Have To Bet To Ave Fun "but it helps":
    GUYS DONT 4 GET SCORES ON THE DOORS COMP UTD V CITY
    Posted by razorkev

hi kev am back normal service resumes after weekend will update champions league tipster on monday michael
  • edited September 2009

hi all here's me 2 bets for champions league  & selections 4 tipster    dtw

£10.00
    1. Unirea Urziceni v VfB Stuttgart
    2. VfB Stuttgart @ 4/5
    3. Rangers v Sevilla
    4. Sevilla @ 11/10
    5. Fiorentina v Liverpool
    6. Liverpool @ 10/11
    7. FC Rubin-Kazan v Inter Milan
    8. Inter Milan @ 4/6
    £1.65
    1. Man. Utd v Wolfsburg
    2. Man. Utd @ 4/11
    3. Bordeaux v Macabi Haifa
    4. Bordeaux @ 2/7
    5. AC Milan v FC Zurich
    6. AC Milan @ 1/6
    7. Unirea Urziceni v VfB Stuttgart
    8. VfB Stuttgart @ 4/5
    9. Rangers v Sevilla
    10. Sevilla @ 11/10
    11. Fiorentina v Liverpool
    12. Liverpool @ 10/11
    13. FC Rubin-Kazan v Inter Milan
    14. Inter Milan @ 4/6
    1. edited September 2009
      Michael, does this mean you put on £10 to cover all the top section, then £1.65 to cover the bottom?
    2. edited September 2009
      In Response to Re: Michael's Sports Tips & Other Sports Interests - - Your Don't Have To Bet To Ave Fun "but it helps":
      Michael, does this mean you put on £10 to cover all the top section, then £1.65 to cover the bottom?
      Posted by Grimstar30

hi dave £2-50  trebles for 4 lines on 4 selection & £1-65 accum soz m8 4 any confusion michael
    3. edited October 2009
      In Response to Re: dtw's Sports Diary here you will find my main teams i look for good odds every week:
         Hi Guys & Girls            here are my predictions for coming season & my main teams i pick from every week    Prem             1.  Chelsea       2.  Liverpool   3.  Man. City  4. Man. utd or everton    champ           1. West Brom    2.  Leicester   3.  Sheff Utd   league  1        1. Norwich         2.  Leeds       3.  Gillingham   league  2        1.  Crewe          2.  Notts Co    3.  Morecambe   conference         1. Luton     2.  Cambridge  Utd         Top Scorer Anelka chelsea        and  league 2 any Morecambe Player     wonder what odds i would get for that lot       be lucky      michael  alias  DTWBANDIT
      Posted by DTWBANDIT

here's my bet tip for today

good luck all dt

£3.81 accum
      1. Norwich v Swindon
      2. Norwich @ 4/6
      3. Newcastle v Doncaster
      4. Newcastle @ 1/2
      5. Coventry v West Brom
      6. West Brom @ 11/10
      7. Chelsea v Blackburn
      8. Chelsea @ 1/5
      9. Tottenham v Stoke
      10. Tottenham @ 4/9
      11. Wolves v Aston Villa
      12. Aston Villa @ 11/10
    4. edited November 2009

hi all here's my selection for weekend footie

1 accumalator & 4 x treble total outlay £5  good luck all     dtw
      1. Brighton v Leeds
      2. Leeds @ 10/11
      3. West Brom v Bristol City
      4. West Brom @ 8/13
      5. Burnley v Aston Villa
      6. Aston Villa @ 5/4
      7. Birmingham v Fulham
      8. Fulham @ 2/1

5. edited November 2009

have gone for a trixie £2-50 per line x4 = £10 outlay

£10.00
      1. Porto v Chelsea
      2. Chelsea @ 6/4
      3. Man. Utd v Besiktas
      4. Man. Utd @ 4/11
      5. Barcelona v Inter Milan
      6. Inter Milan @ 4/1
    6. edited November 2009
      In Response to Re: dtw's Sports Diary - Intro & Welcome:
      i think having a human element to football refereeing really adds to the game. one match you suffer the agony of a penalty that should have been but other times things swing your way. adding to much technical know-how would kill a vital component that makes football so good! all my opinion of course - not necessarily the right one
      Posted by Sky_Rich
      Could not disagree more.

Technology would stop the mistakes I have seen against my team, the dandy dons. Goals not given even though well over the line. Goals disallowed against Celtic for hand ball when clearly not. Players sent off for hand=ball when the players who shot is clearly offside.

Don't make me laugh referees are corrupt. Only technology can stop these cheats.