You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Wackos Way.....

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat

Good writing skillz. Poor counting skillz!

Too good to waste, though.

RAISE

Comments

• edited March 2011
    General Poker Tips

RAISE!- Always come into a pot with a raise. You take control, you give yourself TWO ways of winning a pot. Its simple and effective.

POSITION- is key and is linked with raising. DO NOT for example raise under the gun with filth. You have 5 players behind that are likely to have better hands. There is just no point. DO raise on the button or in late position. This is the best time to come into a pot. Having the dealer chip means you have control of the hand and can basically decide your own destiny, which is so so so important!

BLUFFING- IMPORTANT!!- Two things that need to be done if your going to bluff. 

One- Make sure you have good reads on your opponent. If tikay raises under the gun (or at all) I am not going to consider re raising with 10 9 because we all know he will have aces! If a tight player raises, give him respect, if a loose player raises ( and theres usually one on a table) then feel free try things out. Also, if your opponent is a calling station, then there is no point bluffing because they will call you down with bottom pair.

Two- Tell a story- If your going to bluff, you need to tell your opponent a story. People used to tell me i played my bluff like i had the nuts! That was what i wanted! Example; A flop that brings draws (flush, straight) If you play the hand like your on the draw, then the third club comes down for example, play it like youve hit the flush. It's amazing how many times your opponent will fold!
  • edited March 2011

hi wacko, great tips, keep them coming please.

• edited March 2011
    I couldnt think of a shorter way of putting it :( Oh well haha thanks jj, you dont need any tips!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Wackos Way.....:
    I couldnt think of a shorter way of putting it :( Oh well haha thanks jj, you dont need any tips!
    Posted by Wacko90

Raise ..... It's totally awesome

Position.......  Super totally awesome, when used with a raise

Bluff.....  need good read on opponents and you can tell a story then it's.......  Amazingly, Super Totally Awesome

31 words.... there you go Wacko ;o)

Good tips mate, ty muchly 

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Wackos Way..... : Raise ..... It's totally awesome Position.......  Super totally awesome, when used with a raise Bluff.....  need good read on opponents and you can tell a story then it's.......  Amazingly, Super Totally Awesome 31 words.... there you go Wacko ;o) Good tips mate, ty muchly 
    Posted by JockBMW
    Haha jock! i didnt think of it that way, can i change my post to what you put??:P
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Wackos Way..... : Haha jock! i didnt think of it that way, can i change my post to what you put??:P
    Posted by Wacko90

Only if I get half your SPT Seat if you win ;o)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Wackos Way..... : Only if I get half your SPT Seat if you win ;o)
    Posted by JockBMW
    Haha well theres no chance of me winning, there are too many better ones!
  • edited March 2011
    Nice One!!

Not so Wacko after all really !!

Wp other nite in TOT i think, u donked me out LOL !!
  • edited March 2011
    Nice One!! Not so Wacko after all really !! Wp other nite in TOT i think, u donked me out LOL !!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    haha donked????? :P nah there is definitly method in my madness :D
  • edited March 2011

hi wacko  went against my tight image to pull of 2 bluffs for really big pots, c betting, went over the top of my opponent when i thought he was c betting and happy to finish 7th yesterdsy.Then carried on today won a couple of races but won.I kow its only 2.20 deepstack but im getting there, i hope.Cheers m8.

• edited March 2011
    hi wacko  went against my tight image to pull of 2 bluffs for really big pots, c betting, went over the top of my opponent when i thought he was c betting and happy to finish 7th yesterdsy.Then carried on today won a couple of races but won.I kow its only 2.20 deepstack but im getting there, i hope.Cheers m8.
    Posted by jjjach
    Good lad jj! Just drop us a pm if you need any more advice on hands etc :)