You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

3 + 3 = £407 - Forum Competition!

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
A Fun Forum Comp.

There will be THREE SPT Seats to EITHER SPT Leeds or SPT Cardiff (winners to choose) up for grabs. There will also be SEVEN "TSP Classic Seats" for the "Close, but only a small cigar" entries.
 Total Prize Value = £407

Interested?
 The winner will be the THREE entries who, in the opinion of the Competition Referee, gives the BEST THREE POKER TIPS. (See, below, the rules). All three will get an SPT Leeds or Cardiff seat. Seven “runners-up” will get a TSP Classic seat. IF you don’t play live, you may take TWO Primo Seats instead of the single SPT Seat.

OK, rules to follow.

Comments

• edited March 2011

Rules & things.

You must start your own thread.  

Every Entry must be a separate thread.

You may start UP TO FOUR threads, each one counts separately.

Only one thread per category. If you want to enter more than one Thread, the categories are…..

Tips for beginners 

Tips for Cash Game Poker

Tips for Tourney Poker

General Poker Tips.

Thread Titles, once started, must NOT be changed. 

The Competition ref will look for……

Good, snappy, Thread Title.

Well thought-out poker tips. Some care taken to present them well. Poor spelling will NOT be penalised, but “handsome is as handsome does”, so don’t rush the Post, take a little time & care.

Remember, the Community has a spellchecker, though.

THREE Poker Tips – of ANY type or variety – must be included.

The Total “Original Post” MUST NOT exceed 100 words.

The quality of Posts are generally reflected in the quality of replies. So feel free to comment on other people’s threads. In fact, the “feedback” to each thread will be taken into consideration. If nobody comments, the Tips can’t be very good……

• edited March 2011
    Give me a seat ;)

balls only just read second part
  • edited March 2011

Hints & tips?  

Try to be original.

Good thread titles are like first opinions – they count for a great deal.  

Bad thread titles mean the thread may not even get opened by many.

A dash of humour will not go astray, but that’s up to you.

No need to rush – the Competition is open for 7 days – it closes at Midnight next Tuesday. So think about it before entering. It’s not a race.

The Competition referee will be “SPT”, who many of you know as Rich Prew, aka “Tighty”. He’s been chosen as he cannot be accused of showing bias or favour, & has wit, integrity, & independence.  And is a proper geek.

The ref’s decision is final.

He will select the best three threads in his opinion, to receive SPT Seats as above, & seven “Close, but only a small cigar” to others, who will each win a “TSP Classic” Seat.

So, the total value of prizes is over £400.

Sample entry?
  • edited March 2011

(Thread Title) Tonker Tikay’s Terrific Top Three Tips  

1) Think about the game – think for yourself. If you believe everything you read & hear about poker, you’ll go doo-lally. Position, Table selection, concentrating on the game (not the TV!) playing within our means, are all common-sense – but apply everything selectively. 

2) Respect our opponents. They may be fish, but even small fish can kill. See “piranhas”. Arsenal underestimated Birmingham in the Cup Final, & look what happened.

3) If you could change ONE thing about your game, make it, generally, “be the bettor, not the caller”. Control the play!
  • edited March 2011

That's it.

Entries close at Midnight next Tuesday.

PLEASE read the rules carefully BEFORE Posting.

Enjoy.
  • edited March 2011
    Should entries be posted in General Poker Chat or in The Poker Clinic? Or doesn't it matter?
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: 3 + 3 = £407.:
    Should entries be posted in General Poker Chat or in The Poker Clinic? Or doesn't it matter?
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Good question, Mr Milkman.

General Poker Chat, please.
  • edited March 2011
    Dear Tikay

Think you need to make your thread "sticky" ... it's already nearly fell off the first page.

Just a thought, not a tip !!!!!

• edited March 2011

Great start from everyone, but please remember, maximum 100 words!

Do not include the Thread Title in the word count, or Edit it, but you can edit the actual Post if you wish.
  • edited March 2011
    yea i think this should also be a sticky.

MODS DO THIS.

Great idea Tikay im sure GPC will be buzzing for days to come.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: 3 + 3 = £407.:
    Dear Tikay Think you need to make your thread "sticky" ... it's already nearly fell off the first page. Just a thought, not a tip !!!!!
    Posted by inka2003[
    /QUOTE]

Very wise! You may be right.

I'm actually opposed to too many "stickies". As a General Rule, the majority of Threads need to self-sustain imo, but you have a point, & yes, I'll ask the Mods if they will consider stickying this for a few days. It's their shout, really.

Thanks for the nudge.
  • edited March 2011

Mods - is it worth stickying this Thread until, say, Sunday or Monday?
  • edited March 2011
    nope let it sink ;)
  • edited March 2011
    The 100 word limit may be a problem for me.  I tend to get Channing-itus when I start giving tips.  Hopefully still give it a bash though.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: 3 + 3 = £407 - Forum Competition!:
    The 100 word limit may be a problem for me.  I tend to get Channing-itus when I start giving tips.  Hopefully still give it a bash though.
    Posted by TommyD
    Chaning would need 100,000 words. They'd all be good, mind. 
  • edited March 2011
    Imo 100 words is a bit stingy Tikay.

Can you not make it 200 words max?
  • edited March 2011
    Imo 100 words is a bit stingy Tikay. Can you not make it 200 words max?
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Hmm, with hindsight, you may be right.

The trouble is, there have been a lot of entrants already which have tailored their replies to 100 words max, & it'd be unfair to penalise them by changing the Rules now.

Having said that, they could be edited/changed, & it's only been running 2 hours, & it runs for a week.

Let me mull on it, overnight. In the meantime, anyone else want to comment on Donkeyplops idea, & if it would be unfair to change it now?
  • edited March 2011
    110 seems just right imo  ;)

make it "roughly" 100 words - who's gonna count em all anyway?????????????
  • edited March 2011
    110 seems just right imo  ;) make it "roughly" 100 words - who's gonna count em all anyway?????????????
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    PLUS ONE!

Dohhhhhhhhhhhh the voice of reason!
  • edited March 2011
    hi tikay

posted my entry playing the players game tips for beginners

do i need to post some ware so it dosnt get over looked?

thanks

In Response to 3 + 3 = £407 - Forum Competition!:
    A Fun Forum Comp. There will be THREE SPT Seats to EITHER SPT Leeds or SPT Cardiff (winners to choose) up for grabs. There will also be SEVEN "TSP Classic Seats" for the "Close, but only a small cigar" entries.   Total Prize Value = £407 Interested?   The winner will be the THREE entries who, in the opinion of the Competition Referee, gives the BEST THREE POKER TIPS. (See, below, the rules).   All three will get an SPT Leeds or Cardiff seat. Seven “runners-up” will get a TSP Classic seat.   IF you don’t play live, you may take TWO Primo Seats instead of the single SPT Seat. OK, rules to follow.  
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited March 2011
    hi tikay posted my entry playing the players game tips for beginners do i need to post some ware so it dosnt get over looked? thanks In Response to 3 + 3 = £407 - Forum Competition! :
    Posted by rosjim1
    It's fine where you Posted it, Rossy, nice one.
  • edited March 2011
    110 seems just right imo  ;) make it "roughly" 100 words - who's gonna count em all anyway?????????????
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    someone will lol!!!
  • edited March 2011
    It's too late to change the rules now! Too many have entered already. I spent ages editing my entry down to 100 before I posted it, everybody else who actually read the rules probably did too.
  • edited March 2011
    It's too late to change the rules now! Too many have entered already. I spent ages editing my entry down to 100 before I posted it, everybody else who actually read the rules probably did too.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    +1

It still might be changed for doh tho!  :))
  • edited March 2011
    I cud change em but i cba.

Can sum1 count how much over I am on the other 2 I did?

Loony and Max have already done half of em for me, then I'll edit em all 2mora n make em even betta ;)
  • edited March 2011
    I think mine may be a little over 100, i cut out as many words as i could!

100 is pretty tight Tikay!
  • edited March 2011
    I cud change em but i cba. Can sum1 count how much over I am on the other 2 I did? Loony and Max have already done half of em for me, then I'll edit em all 2mora n make em even betta ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I have not counted anybodies total of words in these threads TBH, but it is blatantly obvious that folks can not read the so called rules of this. Whether it gets changed or not, I am not that bothered but, trust me, this was not a personnel dig at you JJ.

Now go do your thread for the top 3 tips on playing FB poker!! :)
  • edited March 2011
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Saddo,s like me  - Only because it took me longer to trim it down to less than 100 than actually write the thing
    Mine was 155 words before I whittled it down to less than 100

Having said that no-ones put a reply on and i,m already on page 3

Good idea for a comp tho

Never seen so many ppl posting

• edited March 2011
    I see what tikay has done here.... 

To prevent him from losing touch with the way the "kidz" are now playing the game, he has cunningly found a way to steal all of our knowledge by this so-called "competition."

Well I, for one, am not falling for this trap and am keeping my methods to myself!
  • edited March 2011
    I see what tikay has done here....  To prevent him from losing touch with the way the "kidz" are now playing the game, he has cunningly found a way to steal all of our knowledge by this so-called "competition." Well I, for one, am not falling for this trap and am keeping my methods to myself!
    Posted by splashies
    I'm so owned.