You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mood affecting my poker!

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
Anyone else have this problem? Just feel like getting hammered for not much reason at all, nothing bad as happened, and then your poker skills go out of the window! :( so annoying!

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Happened to me last night in a live game Ben,

Won a small pot which the looser then chose to have a pop at me for the way I played the hand.  It irritated me so much that I was out in 6 hands from having a decent stack.

One big, BIG weakness of my game is the fact that I allow external circumstances and other players to effect how I play the game.  Would love to hear from some of the players on here about how they keep their focus whilst playing 

Great thread,  hope you get some good answers
  • edited March 2011

Try playing with toothache.
  • edited March 2011
    Lol, yeah its probably my biggest weaknesses, lost so much money in the past from playing when im not on my b or c-game, nevermind my a-game :/ Come off it now after losing abit, whereas before i would just move up stakes and lose it all... something I'm learning i guess..
  • edited March 2011
    It's the same when you feel real tired too!

I tried playing last night when i really shouldn't of, and I played bad and spewed my chips around!

Best remedy I have found for mood or tiredness is vodka redbull, give that a whirl...................

• edited March 2011
    Haha donkeyplop, yeah drinking it now but with relentless and yeah not had much sleep last 2 days, that might be the problem after all
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Mood affecting my poker!:
    It's the same when you feel real tired too! I tried playing last night when i really shouldn't of, and I played bad and spewed my chips around! Best remedy I have found for mood or tiredness is vodka redbull, give that a whirl...................
    Posted by donkeyplop

That should be in the 100 words or less Poker tips competition...   Best piece of Advice by far.   By the way did you know Red Bull is a banned substance is some parts of France 

• edited March 2011

Yep! That list is affecting my poker.....

Oh, you said mood not mod!  :)

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Mood affecting my poker! : That should be in the 100 words or less Poker tips competition...   Best piece of Advice by far.   By the way did you know Red Bull is a banned substance is some parts of France 
    Posted by Mod_JockBM
    Are you jock bmw in discuise?

Or are you now a mod?
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Mood affecting my poker! : Are you jock bmw in discuise? Or are you now a mod?
    Posted by donkeyplop

Answer is yes to both of those Questions.  The Mods have been outed.  Check out the sticky to find out who we all are 

• edited March 2011
    Yeah just seen that!

How did you get that gig?? I want to be one too........................
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah just seen that! How did you get that gig?? I want to be one too........................
    Posted by donkeyplop

A lot of bribery and corruption.  In fairness it's something that Sky instigated and I was asked to be a part of.  I'm sure if you have an interest in this it'll be worthwhile throwing your hat in the ring.

• edited March 2011
    If I cant decide whether I'm in the mood to play or not, I take that as a no and dont play. I've found in the past when I've not taken it as a no and played, I've played like a complete muppet, and then I sit there thinking "I knew I shouldnt have played"