You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What next?

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Player B a few hands back took 1/2 my stack and seems to be involved with nearly all the pots since. He's rarely limps in and when shows seems to have a wide opening range. With player A calling, i'm trying to shut the pot down with out investing to much. B folds, but flat called by A. Not seen much action from Player A, so not sure where i am on the flop.

I'm discounting him hitting the straight at the mo, or having AA, with the flat call pre, but concerned he may have hit a set, especially with the check. A pot size bet and i'm still getting flat called. Turn shows a 7, so a 9  and i'm stuffed. And a J on the river, he checks again.

Haven't a clue where i am here. What next?

Should i still be looking for value and bet out or am i behind and should be checking for the showdown?

Any thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

Mac

A
Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £68.48
Macacan Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £29.34
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

B Raise   £0.90 £1.35 £29.10
nome Fold        
scottyjohn Fold        
richtea Fold        
A Call   £0.75 £2.10 £67.73
Macacan Raise   £4.20 £6.30 £25.14
B Fold        
A Call   £3.60 £9.90 £64.13
Flop

A Check        
Macacan Bet   £9.90 £19.80 £15.24
A Call   £9.90 £29.70 £54.23
Turn

A Check        
Macacan Check        
River

• J

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Did he check to you otr?

Easy check behind if he did.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to What next?:
    Player B a few hands back took 1/2 my stack and seems to be involved with nearly all the pots since. He's rarely limps in and when shows seems to have a wide opening range. With player A calling, i'm trying to shut the pot down with out investing to much. B folds, but flat called by A.
    Posted by Macacan

this is bad logic we want them to call/jam over our 3bet.

flop bet is huuuuuge but at nl30 that doesnt mean its a bad thing, i would check back and try to get to showdown from the turn onwards
  • edited March 2011
    sick 3 bet size pre, when this hand gets to the river im thinking he has jj or qq, i did write a long explanation but i wasnt logged in and it didnt save lol