You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Reduced Max buy-in for 10nl

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
Anyone know why the max buy-in has been reduced to half, on the 10nl tables? Was £20 now £10

Cheers
Mac

Comments

• edited March 2011

Yeah +1 this is ridiculous, can sky sort it out please and put it back to how it was.

This move just attracts short stackers, and makes it a lottery, whereas before it was a proper, skilled, deep-stacked game.

Can someone send this upstairs asap plz.

• edited March 2011

It was debated at length - good debate it was, too - HERE

There are pros & cons to either way, in truth.

Those that were unhappy are happy now, those that were happy "as was" are now unhappy.

I can see both sides of the case.

Tricky one.
  • edited March 2011

Lol.

Mac - it's been corrected so the max buy-in is 100bb like all the other cash tables.

Please ignore this if you were just joking like Doh.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Reduced Max buy-in for 10nl:
    Yeah +1 this is ridiculous, can sky sort it out please and put it back to how it was. This move just attracts short stackers, and makes it a lottery, whereas before it was a proper, skilled, deep-stacked game. Can someone send this upstairs asap plz.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    It already had been, Dohhh, hence the change, I guess!

Could be a good debate, this!
  • edited March 2011
    It is now in line with all other levels 100 bb max.But would have thought deep stack tables would have been provided for those who want them as other levels have.
  • edited March 2011

Yah I best say for the record what I was only joking :D

Would like to see some tables with a higher min buy in though.

That way all the good players will get excited and cue up for them while I play against all the fish :)
  • edited March 2011

Cheers guys.

I prefer the bigger buy-in though.

Mac

• edited March 2011
    There should be more of a mix maybe, and yeah deffo change min buy in on some of the tables, people coming in for £4 on 40nl gets me grouchy
  • edited March 2011
    Imo it is better now its 100bb max buyin as it keeps inline with all other levels of cash.

They should keep one deepstack table though.

Another thing is there was a 20nl deepstack table but now it has gone!

why?
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Reduced Max buy-in for 10nl:
    this was the only level on this site that had 200bb deep as standard ,a lot of us wanted this reduced to 100bb ,to fall in line with the rest of the site ,,,,,,,this now has been sorted ,and big thank you to tikay for sorting it out ,,,,,,,,,,,ty mr kendall ,,,,with regards to players wanting 200bb deep ,maybe a couple of tables at this level ,the same as the other levels ,would be good for the players that want it ,,,,,,also on that paticulur thread a ,number of players mentioned the min buy-in ,needed to be looked at ,some top players from high stakes .....i also think the min buy-in is too low ,but we will save that for another day ,i dont want to pester people too much :)    im very happy with the change ,thanks again ,,,,TEN
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    Missed the whole debate for this, so sorry if only just catching up.  Not sure about the reasoning on why it needed to be reduced, seems odd if it was only to bring in line with other levels. I cant see the original buy-in levels putting anyone off from playing 10nl, regardless of £4 min or £20 max.

I'm sure we'll get used to it, although imo, value and incentive to play this level may have been lost. Time will tell.

Mac
  • edited March 2011
    Sky have allowed you to to play 5/10 nl when you can buy in for 200bbs for ages now.

It appears a forum debate/poll has made sky choose to stop all the 200 bb tables.

Could sky not have just put up tables where 100bbs was max and also left some tables where 200bbs was allowed and took it from there if there was no traffic on the 200 bb ones?

Not every one reads the forum so seems an unfair (in my opinion)