You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

he knew what i had and still called

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
In the £22 deep stack the blinds are 40 80 a player raises to 220 I reraise to 860 player A calls. IM holding KK flop comes J 3 7 all the chips go in. Anyway he wins with trip 3s. I asked him what he thought I had preflop and he says AA KK or AK lol I said nh sarcasticly. You just cant get some people off a hand......

Comments

• edited March 2011
    You dont mention chip stacks or position! but once the flop came you were doomed lol!!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: he knew what i had and still called:
    You dont mention chip stacks or position! but once the flop came you were doomed lol!!
    Posted by loonytoons
    sorry he was first to act and I had about 6500 and he had about 3300
  • edited March 2011

His mistake and your bad luck was the initial raise by him, once he done that, i reckon your raise gave him some 'hope' really you shoulda shoved here, yeh maybe he still called but better than a poxy 860 into a 440 pot! But unlucky though but im sure that dont help ya, but you get a lot of chancers here and elsewhere (including me lol) and you just gotta take the rough with the smooth

• edited March 2011
    If you could see his cards pre-flop you'd be begging him to call :-)
  • edited March 2011
    If you could see his cards pre-flop you'd be begging him to call :-)
    Posted by jamielou
    yes deffinately I want to sit with these players all day long it just made me laugh when he said he thought i was holding AA KK or AK.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: he knew what i had and still called : yes deffinately I want to sit with these players all day long it just made me laugh when he said he thought i was holding AA KK or AK.
    Posted by DO_OR_DIE
    If he knows you have A-A or K-K, the call is not that bad, as he knows he stacks you if he hits. It's called implied odds.

You were unlucky, but his play is not that bad, imo.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: he knew what i had and still called : If he knows you have A-A or K-K, the call is not that bad, as he knows he stacks you if he hits. It's called implied odds . You were unlucky, but his play is not that bad, imo.
    Posted by Tikay10
    hmmm interesting so your saying its ok to put a quarter of your stack in on a 2 outer when you have 40 big blinds?
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: he knew what i had and still called : hmmm interesting so your saying its ok to put a quarter of your stack in on a 2 outer when you have 40 big blinds?
    Posted by DO_OR_DIE
    ps. i do value your opinion :(
  • edited March 2011
    this is more like it, long live the GPC!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: he knew what i had and still called : hmmm interesting so your saying its ok to put a quarter of your stack in on a 2 outer when you have 40 big blinds?
    Posted by DO_OR_DIE
    but it was not a quarter, he already had chips in when you raised and he did not know he had 2 outers, which he did not anyway, he coulda hit the straight lol, and as for 40 bb, in this tourney and this early people will take a punt
  • edited March 2011
    Posted by DO_OR_DIE
    Well I said "his play is not that bad", & I don't think it's great, but I'm trying to explain to you his potential thinking.

I think if you asked that question of a lot of decent players, they might - might - make a case for the "implied odds" argument. NOT if he thinks you have, say, 8-8, or A-K, that's very different. But specifically against A-A or K-K, when he KNOWS he will stack you if he binks the set, really, the play is not anything like as bad as you are suggesting.

It's certainly not a play I'd mock, or laugh at. And if I have the A-A or K-K, I'm happy if he calls me with 3-3. Most times...... We can't have our cake & eat it.

When we have A-A or K-K & get no action, we often cry a little bit. But when we get action & & we get outdrawn, we cry a little more...... 
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: he knew what i had and still called : If he knows you have A-A or K-K, the call is not that bad, as he knows he stacks you if he hits. It's called implied odds . You were unlucky, but his play is not that bad, imo.
    Posted by Tikay10
    is this not what i said? in a round a bout way lol?????
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: he knew what i had and still called : is this not what i said? in a round a bout way lol?????
    Posted by loonytoons[/
    QUOTE]

Absolutely. More the merrier, too. It's potentially an interesting thread, imo. 
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: he knew what i had and still called : Well I said "his play is not that bad", & I don't think it's great, but I'm trying to explain to you his potential thinking. I think if you asked that question of a lot of decent players, they might - might - make a case for the "implied odds" argument. NOT if he thinks you have, say, 8-8, or A-K, that's very different. But specifically against A-A or K-K, when he KNOWS he will stack you if he binks the set, really, the play is not anything like as bad as you are suggesting. It's certainly not a play I'd mock, or laugh at. And if I have the A-A or K-K, I'm happy if he calls me with 3-3. Most times...... We can't have our cake & eat it. When we have A-A or K-K & get no action, we often cry a little bit. But when we get action & & we get outdrawn, we cry a little more...... 
    Posted by Tikay10
    ok lets call it a draw on this one lol. keep up the good work TK and thanks for the advice to all thats replied :)
  • edited March 2011

Thanks Mr Die.

These are exactly the sort of threads we need Members to start, & contribute to.