You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PartyPoker - Is it rigged

edited March 2011 in Area 51

Has anyone played online poker, in particular on party poker. Im not usually one o maon about bad beats but there seems a ridiculous amount on this site. Someone even suggested that the site uses robot accounts to play in the games, is this allowed and is it true?

Now I know that there are regulations in place to guard against all of this, and I am sensible enough to know that the best hand will not always wn, it just seems to happen more often on PartyPoker than on any other site I have played??

If your still unconvinced check out my DYM stats on Sharkscope for Sky Poker Vs Party Poker......does seems a litle fishy. Cobbler78 for both.

Comments

• edited March 2011

No - Party Poker is NOT rigged, & I think it is wrong to suggest otherwise.

If you think how many hands have been played on PP, & not ONE hand has been shown to be subject to anything improper, it says it all.

The disparity in your results is is not of even remotely sufficient sample size to mean anything except that variance is a weird & wonderful thing.

Because we cant understand something, does not mean anything is amiss.

Robots on PP? Quite possibly. NEVER worry about Bots, if we can't beat Bots, it's a sad day & means we are pretty poor. There are, however, no bots on Sky Poker, it would make no sense to even try. (Typical stake sizes are too small). 

Nice change to see someone suggesting OTHER sites are dodgy, rather than Sky Poker, though!

If ANY poker site was bent, it'd soon get sussed - never worry about that.

Collusion, etc, is another matter, it happens on a lot of Sites. But nobody comments on that. Go figure poker players.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to PartyPoker - Is it rigged:
    Has anyone played online poker, in particular on party poker. Im not usually one o maon about bad beats but there seems a ridiculous amount on this site. Someone even suggested that the site uses robot accounts to play in the games, is this allowed and is it true? Now I know that there are regulations in place to guard against all of this, and I am sensible enough to know that the best hand will not always wn, it just seems to happen more often on PartyPoker than on any other site I have played?? If your still unconvinced check out my DYM stats on Sharkscope for Sky Poker Vs Party Poker......does seems a litle fishy. Cobbler78 for both.
    Posted by cobbler78

Party Poker must be kosher  after all they are regulated and tested.

The Alderney Gambling Control Commission and the Government of Gibraltar regulates Party Poker. They are powered by the PartyGaming system and operated out of the U.K. Party Poker is tested by iTech Labs (TST) and encrypted with Thawte Security, ensuring that all private date transferred is kept safe.

Google is your friend

• edited March 2011
    Our friend cobbler78 has obviously taken the sacking of our manager today, Ian Sampson, very badly.

Shoe Army!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: PartyPoker - Is it rigged:
    In Response to PartyPoker - Is it rigged : Party Poker must be kosher  after all they are regulated and tested . The Alderney Gambling Control Commission and the Government of Gibraltar regulates Party Poker. They are powered by the PartyGaming system and operated out of the U.K. Party Poker is tested by iTech Labs (TST) and encrypted with Thawte Security, ensuring that all private date transferred is kept safe. Google is your friend
    Posted by elsadog

Thank God, Someone on this site is taking a realistic view on Rigged Poker sites 

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: PartyPoker - Is it rigged : Thank God, Someone on this site is taking a realistic view on Rigged Poker sites 
    Posted by JockBMW

WHOOOOOOSH
  • edited March 2011
    and a  Whooooosh back at ya 

Can't believe you fell for that one Elsa  lol

• edited March 2011
    and a  Whooooosh back at ya  Can't believe you fell for that one Elsa  lol
    Posted by JockBMW

Good read ............. you're right not to believe

You'll be changing the Beamer for a Vespa now then? Jockscooter doesn't quite have the same ring to it IMO

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: PartyPoker - Is it rigged : Good read ............. you're right not to believe You'll be changing the Beamer for a Vespa now then?
    Posted by elsadog
      I believe everything.........   Especially if it's on T'Internet

• edited March 2011
    Well at least JockScooter hasn't lost his sense of humour  ........ good to see.

ps. If your the new area51 Mod ....... you know I'm going to keep you very busy don't you :o)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: PartyPoker - Is it rigged : Good read ............. you're right not to believe You'll be changing the Beamer for a Vespa now then? Jockscooter doesn't quite have the same ring to it IMO
    Posted by elsadog

Actually, strong possibility this will be in the garage soon ;o)  So I think I'll stay with JockBMW

• edited March 2011
    Well at least JockScooter hasn't lost his sense of humour  ........ good to see. ps. If your the new area51 Mod ....... you know I'm going to keep you very busy don't you :o)
    Posted by elsadog

Lol  I would expect nothing less from you Elsadog 
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: PartyPoker - Is it rigged : Actually, strong possibility this will be in the garage soon ;o)  So I think I'll stay with JockBMW
    Posted by JockBMW

Well you will look silly on that with a furry parka. :o)

• edited March 2011
    Lol  That is a belter Elsadog.

If I do get this bike I promise I'll turn up at an SPT wearing a Parka on it  ;o)
  • edited March 2011
    Lol  That is a belter Elsadog. If I do get this bike I promise I'll turn up at an SPT wearing a Parka on it  ;o)
    Posted by JockBMW

Great idea ......... just one tip - as you're a mod now don't have a target on the back of your helmet.
  • edited March 2011
    Someone doing better on sky than he is on another site?

FRAME THAT POST !
  • edited March 2011
    There must be something fishy going on at sky poker ( or should i call it SKY FLUSH!! )

i have played , over the last couple of days MTT and cash games, every single tournament i have been knocked out, on a prial, run etc. on someone going all in on 2 suited cards, needing 2 after the flop and every time they have come up. I no this must fixed, because there is a pause before the river, i have the best hand, a lo and behold, the final flush card comes out !!!!.

Don't try and tell me this is unlucky, because it cannot happen on 7 games concurrently!! check the odds out on that !!!!

SKY FIDDLE !!!
  • edited March 2011
  • edited March 2011
    No - Party Poker is NOT rigged, & I think it is wrong to suggest otherwise. If you think how many hands have been played on PP, & not ONE hand has been shown to be subject to anything improper, it says it all. The disparity in your results is is not of even remotely sufficient sample size to mean anything except that variance is a weird & wonderful thing. Because we cant understand something, does not mean anything is amiss. Robots on PP? Quite possibly. NEVER worry about Bots, if we can't beat Bots, it's a sad day & means we are pretty poor. There are, however, no bots on Sky Poker, it would make no sense to even try. (Typical stake sizes are too small).  Nice change to see someone suggesting OTHER sites are dodgy, rather than Sky Poker, though! If ANY poker site was bent, it'd soon get sussed - never worry about that. Collusion, etc, is another matter, it happens on a lot of Sites. But nobody comments on that. Go figure poker players.
    Posted by Tikay10
    With all due respect and objective sincerity you are pretty much the spokesperson for an online poker site TK, that hardly makes your point of view objective, non biased or non influenced.  I know that sounds terribly ungracious.... but there it is.  There are many people out there with concerns in regard to online poker for a variety of reasons pro/recreational and amatuer alike.  This isnt a cut and dry discussion.  There are alot of people with alot of experience asking very sincere questions, being told something is what it is by someone who earns a wage from the industry doesnt negate those concerns.

I really am sorry though, as an individual I've only seen you handle yourself with class, integrity and dignity and I feel guilty for taking an oppositional stance.