You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should anyone care.....

edited March 2011 in Area 51
It's got to the point now where I just can't take anymore of this. I'm losing every flip & getting done when I'm a big favourite too.

Just to make something very clear here, I'm not blaming the site or the software just simply letting off some steam. I know I'm not a great player but I certainly wouldn't class myself as a bad player either but right now my confidence is totally shot to pieces.

I'm just not enjoying myself anymore & now find myself in the position of deciding whether or not I should hit the cool off button. I'll stop short of hitting the exclusion button cos I really don't need that!

Since Christmas I've done half my roll and I feel like total c rap. I'll be back at some point in the future but right now I have no idea when that will be.

Maybe I am just a poor player who thinks he's better than what he actually is? I really don't know tbh.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Should anyone care.....:
    It's got to the point now where I just can't take anymore of this. I'm losing every flip & getting done when I'm a big favourite too. Just to make something very clear here, I'm not blaming the site or the software just simply letting off some steam. I know I'm not a great player but I certainly wouldn't class myself as a bad player either but right now my confidence is totally shot to pieces. I'm just not enjoying myself anymore & now find myself in the position of deciding whether or not I should hit the cool off button. I'll stop short of hitting the exclusion button cos I really don't need that! Since Christmas I've done half my roll and I feel like total c rap. I'll be back at some point in the future but right now I have no idea when that will be. Maybe I am just a poor player who thinks he's better than what he actually is? I really don't know tbh.
    Posted by silentbob

I sympathise Bob. I've had this for months on here. Tonight was no different in the D Stack .... but I've just cashed again on another site. Doesn't make much sense to me.

• edited March 2011
    It's got to the point now where I just can't take anymore of this. I'm losing every flip & getting done when I'm a big favourite too. Just to make something very clear here, I'm not blaming the site or the software just simply letting off some steam. I know I'm not a great player but I certainly wouldn't class myself as a bad player either but right now my confidence is totally shot to pieces. I'm just not enjoying myself anymore & now find myself in the position of deciding whether or not I should hit the cool off button. I'll stop short of hitting the exclusion button cos I really don't need that! Since Christmas I've done half my roll and I feel like total c rap. I'll be back at some point in the future but right now I have no idea when that will be. Maybe I am just a poor player who thinks he's better than what he actually is? I really don't know tbh.
    Posted by silentbob
    You're not alone, i feel exactly the same.
  • edited March 2011
    GL Bob with what ever you choose to do. Often when your on a run as a bad as you are at present,
    a break is sometimes all that is needed.
    However i for one hope tha,t if you do decide to have a break,that you will still continue to bless us with
    your superb football betting blog/thread,that clearly is great piece of work,week in and week out.

GL M8
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Should anyone care.....:
    In Response to Should anyone care..... : You're not alone, i feel exactly the same.
    Posted by christiann
    +1
  • edited March 2011

I've had a bad, losing week for the first time in a long time......

But I know why, I know I've been playing kak, on top of runnning bad too.....

Would you rather know you are playing bad and losing? or know you were playing well, and losing?

Basically would you rather feel in control of the problem, and be able to do something about it? Or prefer to be doing everything you can yet still losing?

Not sure myself, think I'd rather be playing well and losing...............

Thoughts????

• edited March 2011
    you are certainly not alone here!
    I've done about a third of mine since Christmas. Some bad play by me but also alot of getting the money in good but then beat on turn/river.
    It will affect how you play and if you are not enjoying it (like I wasn't) a complete break is a good idea. I am sure you enjoy doing other things aswell, so concentrate on them for a while and if possible don't touch the computer. It'll put things in perspective for you.
    I would still read the Clinic and watch 865 though to pick up hints. I've also been watching the tables I play at to get reads on future opponents if possible.

GL
  • edited March 2011
    Posted by silentbob

I've been on a bad run since I joined back in 2009 lol i am for ever having to deposit lol << thats probably because i have no bankroll management ive had 3 good nights on here that was monday, sunday and valentines day all of this year before that i won nothing for 2 years apart from little cashes here and there lol
  • edited March 2011
    ERRRRRRRRRR..... WHY IS THIS IN AREA 51?????????????

Not only can you not ask questions, you cant say your frustrated at running bad?????
  • edited March 2011
    ERRRRRRRRRR..... WHY IS THIS IN AREA 51????????????? Not only can you not ask questions, you cant say your frustrated at running bad?????
    Posted by AMYBR
    I put this in area 51 deliberately as a lot of people don't really want to read about these sorts of things. I just had to let off a bit of steam so I figured this was probably the best place for it really.

I still can't bring myself to sit at a table yet though. I really need to figure out how much of the problem is me & how much is just variance or a.n.other ;)
  • edited March 2011
    ... I'm just not enjoying myself anymore & now find myself in the position of deciding whether or not I should hit the cool off button. ...
    Posted by silentbob
    Why would you even consider playing if you're not enjoying it?

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Should anyone care..... : Why would you even consider playing if you're not enjoying it?
    Posted by BelovedLtd
    I thought my OP was pretty clear really but I don't intend to play whilst I'm not enjoying it