You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£20 guaranteed tournament

sky when you get to the final table surely you deserve to be rewarded,at least to get your stake back,i think it    would be fair and would be a good idea to divide the prize money so that all 6 players on the final get some reward not just 5 out of the 6 players its very unfair

Comments

• edited March 2011

Hey,

I can understand what you're saying. In a tourny like this, with a very small buy in (relitive to other tournys on the site) there will be alot of "new" players.

But in all MTT's, the big money is in the top 2/3 places, so you should get used to playing to try and win, rather than just cash and get your money back.

However, playing for a couple of hours to break even may be a satisfying experience for alot of beginners, so maybe sky could change the payots for "some" tournaments only.

GL.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: £20 guaranteed tournament:
    Hey, I can understand what you're saying. In a tourny like this, with a very small buy in (relitive to other tournys on the site) there will be alot of "new" players. But in all MTT's, the big money is in the top 2/3 places, so you should get used to playing to try and win, rather than just cash and get your money back. However, playing for a couple of hours to break even may be a satisfying experience for alot of beginners, so maybe sky could change the payots for "some" tournaments only. GL.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    thanks for that i did mean to say 2 to 3 hours of play to get on the final table does deserve some reward,finishing 6th on the final table is a bit humiliating as your the only player there to leave with nothing
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to £20 guaranteed tournament:
    sky when you get to the final table surely you deserve to be rewarded,at least to get your stake back,i think it    would be fair and would be a good idea to divide the prize money so that all 6 players on the final get some reward not just 5 out of the 6 players its very unfair
    Posted by whippet1

This has happened to me recently bubbled the cash came 6th and 5 got paid i believe that its down to how many runners there are when the tournament starts which determines how many places are paid i think its the top 10% get paid eg 50 runners 5 paid 500 runners 50 places paid which is usually your buy in back unless your fortunate enough to come in the top 3 where the best payouts are.

Only thing I can suggest is that if this happens again and it's only 5 players paid and you make that final table again just tighten up and play premium hands cause there is always one person that will make the wrong move at the right time
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to £20 guaranteed tournament : This has happened to me recently bubbled the cash came 6th and 5 got paid i believe that its down to how many runners there are when the tournament starts which determines how many places are paid i think its the top 10% get paid eg 50 runners 5 paid 500 runners 50 places paid which is usually your buy in back unless your fortunate enough to come in the top 3 where the best payouts are. Only thing I can suggest is that if this happens again and it's only 5 players paid and you make that final table again just tighten up and play premium hands cause there is always one person that will make the wrong move at the right time
    Posted by delaney09
    Ok ! Ok !...............I'm working on it.................:)-
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: £20 guaranteed tournament : Ok ! Ok !...............I'm working on it.................:)-
    Posted by billyboots
    lol billy boots thanks for that