You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

In the Well. In the what?

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat

In the Well

It's an expression common to Poker Fora, which started, I believe, on 2 + 2 a few years back. I might be wrong there - what's new? - but anyway, it matters not.

I had a light bulb moment today, that we'd do "In the Well" on Sky Poker Community.

What is "In The Well"?

It's basically a question & answer Thread. Originally, now still, I suppose, "In The Well" subjects are famous players, Bracelet Winners. NoseBleed Stakes Online Players, Ledges, etc.
In our case, typically, if we followed custom & practice, it'd be the High-Rollers, the TSP-ers, da de da.

But I think we could do it different, if not better.

In Sky Poker Community, why not invite some of the regular guys, there are so many of them/us on here?

We have some right characters too, if you think about it. 

Imagine a Q & A session with, say, TommyD, Penguin7, Dollie, Dohhhhh, Maxally, Stiein, Delta, Hoggers, TRIP5 (well, strike that one, too silly), Plopper, or any number of characters we have here. I've named 6 or 7, but there are dozens of them that spring readily to mind. Or even icons, like "SPT-Rich", aka Tighty - he'd be a belter - or maybe some of the 865 Guests we've had recently? And, if need be, a few of the Balla Boys, too.

So, a bit of everything, a mixture. 

Each "Well" lasts about a week, less if it goes "cold". As soon as the subject goes cold, another "In The Well" begins.

The subject gets nominated, & you fire questions at him/her/it. Mainly poker questions, but anything at all, really.

It'll either work, or it will not, it's up to you guys. If it fails, too bad, put that down to me. Better to try & to fail......

I have, in my minds eye, lined up the first 6, not all of whom are on that list I mentioned by any means. That was just examples, & I need the "Well-ers" permission first.

If you have "In The Well" subjects in mind, Post their names on this Thread, please, & we'll see what can be done.

I have the first one ready to rumble. It's a bit of a risky one, but hey-ho.

New "In The Well" Thread imminent.......

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Hi TK,

Great Idea.

I'm not sure if he would have the time but after he played in the Omaha Tournament with Ed Giddens I would love to be able to ask Julian Thew some more questions.

I believe he is a good mate of someone at Sky Poker ;o) so hope that can be arranged 
  • edited March 2011

Thewy? Yup, that can be sorted.

But I DO want to make sure we have balance - so whilst Thewy is a great spot - consider it sorted - I want to try it with the regular guys, too.

In fact, as to Thewy, he's the Pro Poker Player Guest on 865's Show on Thursday (tomorrow), & it coincides with my Show Shift, too. How good do I run, being on the telly with Thewy, of all people?

If you have any questions for him tomorrow, whizz them off to skyopen@bskyb.com & we'll see if we can get him to respond.

• edited March 2011
    This sounds a great idea ! As well as directly poker related questions, it will also be interesting to learn about other players as people. Playing people online I often build a mental image of what they are like, and then meet them at an SPT and find they are totally different.

Wacko is probably a classic example, I think I have a fair idea of his age, and would probably have a good guess at what sort of thing he does for a living. And I am probably totally wrong. I  bet he doesnt really look like his forum picture though !

• edited March 2011
    Funnily enough Tony, when i met you at SPT Glasgow i realised you did look exactly like your forum picture :):)

Also TK, i would be delighted to do an ITW but only when im not away working so this rules me out for the next 3 weeks pheweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • edited March 2011
    First: 10/6/2009
    Last: 2/3/2011
    Funnily enough Tony, when i met you at SPT Glasgow i realised you did look exactly like your forum picture :):)

What do they say about people living in glass houses.......?   :)
  • edited March 2011
    lol fair point, nice one mate )
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: In the Well. In the what?:
    JAEGERBOMB Posts: 1099 First: 10/6/2009 Last: 2/3/2011 Funnily enough Tony, when i met you at SPT Glasgow i realised you did look exactly like your forum picture :):) What do they say about people living in glass houses.......?   :)
    Posted by penguin7

15 All   lol

Service to Jaegerbomb 

• edited March 2011
    May I suggest mickjen1......
  • edited March 2011
    Thewy? Yup, that can be sorted. But I DO want to make sure we have balance - so whilst Thewy is a great spot - consider it sorted - I want to try it with the regular guys, too. In fact, as to Thewy, he's the Pro Poker Player Guest on 865's Show on Thursday (tomorrow), & it coincides with my Show Shift, too. How good do I run, being on the telly with Thewy, of all people? If you have any questions for him tomorrow, whizz them off to skyopen@bskyb.com & we'll see if we can get him to respond.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Great idea Tony
    As you suggested we need balance, ying and yang Thewy and Rich would that be a good leveller
    LOL
    Gary
  • edited March 2011
    I would love to be able to ask Julian Thew some more questions.
    Posted by Mod_JockBM

+1

And also out very own "Local Hero" Jakally please!! 

• edited March 2011
    Rich Orford
    andrew1947
    beaneh + Dohhhhh joint well where they can argue over the correct answer to every question.

l

• edited March 2011
    I think this is a great idea.

As for suggestions, I'd really like to hear from Dollie.  I thought he has a marvelous outlook on both the game and life, that being after a short conversation with him last year at a SPT.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: In the Well. In the what? : +1 And also out very own "Local Hero" Jakally please!! 
    Posted by dylan12
    +1  Jakally would be quality
  • edited March 2011
  • edited March 2011

Thanks for all the ITW suggestions, all are noted, & all are entirely do-able.

The current ITW - which has exceeded my wildest dreams - will run until it has exhausted the flow of questions, & then I'll start ITW # 2.

ITW requires two things to make it work well - a good subject, & good questions. This one has ticked both boxes.

Keep the suggestions coming please as to the ITW's you'd lke to see.
  • edited March 2011
    Ozzie08.

1 Question,

"How do you always know???????"
  • edited March 2011

Plausible ITW nominees so far are......

Andrew1947

Beaneh

Dohhhhhhh

Dollie

Jakally

MAXALLY

Offshoot

Ozzie08

Rich Orford

Thewy

Of course, it takes two to tango, & the subject needs to be agreeable to doing it, too, as it's pretty time-consuming if done properly, as Wacko has.

Keep the nominees coming, please.
  • edited March 2011
    +1 for Dohhh, he has always been really helpful when i have posted hands in the poker clinic
  • edited March 2011
    Plausible ITW nominees so far are...... Andrew1947 Beaneh Dohhhhhhh Dollie Jakally MAXALLY Offshoot Ozzie08 Rich Orford Thewy 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Gypsie Delta and TommyD as well would bevery good!!
  • edited March 2011
    +1 for DOHHHHHHH and TommyD. I would also really like to see Nutter5932 in the well if it at all possible.
  • edited March 2011

Our inaugural "In The Well", which featured "Wacko90", aka the wackster, has now reached it's conclusion.

I thought it was just terrific, both Wacko, & the Members who posed questions, got it spot on.

There were 143 Posts on the Thread, too - far more than I dared hope.

Big thanks go to Wacko. We promised him a TSP Classic Seat for all his endeavours, & I think he's more than earned that. But as he already won a "Classic" Seat today, he'll have to settle for another one. Can't be letting success go to his head too much.

I really thought his answers were incredibly revealing, & helpful.

Well done Wacko. 
  • edited March 2011

The next "In The Well" will start early next week. I'll leave it until then, as the Community will be pretty busy, I think, with SPT Luton stuff between now & then, & maybe some other stuff, too.

I have got your list of Nominees, but if you want to add anyone else to the list, speak now, or forever hold your peace......
  • edited March 2011

+1 for JaegerBomb nice idea
  • edited March 2011

How about The_Don90. Is a frequent poster and wants to appear on Matercash. This could act as a screen test.
  • edited March 2011
     How about The_Don90. Is a frequent poster and wants to appear on Matercash. This could act as a screen test.
    Posted by 68Trebor

+1,  In fact doesn't Don run a Poker league.  That could be interesting to hear about 
  • edited March 2011
    Our inaugural "In The Well", which featured "Wacko90", aka the wackster, has now reached it's conclusion. I thought it was just terrific, both Wacko, & the Members who posed questions, got it spot on. There were 143 Posts on the Thread, too - far more than I dared hope. Big thanks go to Wacko. We promised him a TSP Classic Seat for all his endeavours, & I think he's more than earned that. But as he already won a "Classic" Seat today, he'll have to settle for another one. Can't be letting success go to his head too much. I really thought his answers were incredibly revealing, & helpful. Well done Wacko. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay :)

Thanks very much for your kind words. No need for a tsp seat though, it was a pleasure to do and i enjoyed doing it :) was a good success, i look forwad to the next one!