You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker - Meet the Mods

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
To help each and every Sky Poker player enjoy the Sky Poker Community, we have enlisted the help of some of our fellow players who have taken on the roles of Community Moderators. Moderation might not be the most enjoyable part of a forum, but to make sure it's always friendly it's something every forum needs. 

Sky Poker is no different. As we hope you know, the role of the Moderator is to ensure the Community Guidelines are followed and the spirit of the place as a whole is friendly, approachable and informative. They are not to be confused with Customer Care, who can be contacted through the details at the bottom of the page.

While we might not always agree or understand the decisions made by the moderators, I hope you all appreciate and respect them. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to drop me a PM.

The current team of Moderators are:

Sky staff
Sky_Dave
Sky_Bernie
Sky_Lee
Sky_Jordan
Sky_Adam

Moderators
Mod_Machka (aka Machka)
Mod_Nosey (aka Noseybonk)
Mod_Solar (aka Solarcarro)
Mod_JockBM (aka JockBMW)
Mod_Kiwini (aka Kiwini4u)

This list will be amended as and when Moderators are added or leave the role.

Enjoy the Community and good luck at the tables.

Sky Dave

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Any chance I can be one too as I still have loads of time on my hands............

You can call me mod_plop :)
  • edited March 2011
    Donkeyplop,

Good to see you show an interest in becoming a Moderator. As we've just set this up we'll see how it works for a short while before reviewing. :)

Thanks,
    Dave
  • edited March 2011
    Great idea and many thanks to those that give up their time to do this, like Dave said its not an easy job or thankful.....................well done guys
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker - Meet the Mods:
    Great idea and many thanks to those that give up their time to do this, like Dave said its not an easy job or thankful.....................well done guys
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB

Thanks for the comments and support JB.  
  • edited March 2011
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    Thanks Jaegerbomb. Like Maxally I am a Paul Weller fan so hopefully I'll do ok :-)
  • edited March 2011
    Well done guys
  • edited March 2011
    I cant say anything else than sorry (for my deleted post) it WAS just supposed to be for a bit of fun,obviously this has offended so i apologise,very very sorry xx
  • edited March 2011

Hey where's MOD DOHHHHHHH???????????

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm running for modelection next time......

Election promise?

I shall snap-delete young gun forever.

• edited March 2011
    I cant say anything else than sorry (for my deleted post) it WAS just supposed to be for a bit of fun,obviously this has offended so i apologise,very very sorry xx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    No worries Debs, thanks for taking the time to apologise. The Mods and the Sky staff are all working hard to make this a great place to chill out, have a laugh and learn a bit along the way. We need you guys to support them, not wonder if they're someone else, take digs at them, and so on. 

Good luck at the tables :)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker - Meet the Mods : No worries Debs, thanks for taking the time to apologise. The Mods and the Sky staff are all working hard to make this a great place to chill out, have a laugh and learn a bit along the way. We need you guys to support them, not wonder if they're someone else, take digs at them, and so on.  Good luck at the tables :)
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Ty dave and i appreciate your understanding,wont let it happen again.Once again sorry xx
  • edited March 2011

Thanks for posting up this list and being open about it. It carn't be an easy job at times, so I hold my hat out to you all.

There are a few of my EX friends on that list :)

PS....which one of you closed my 'guess the mod thread'?
  • edited March 2011
    Thanks for posting up this list and being open about it. It carn't be an easy job at times, so I hold my hat out to you all. There are a few of my EX friends on that list :) PS....which one of you closed my 'guess the mod thread'?
    Posted by MAXALLY

Nobody really liked you in the first place TBH!

ALL THE MODS.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker - Meet the Mods : Nobody really liked you in the first place TBH! ALL THE MODS.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I know :-(

• edited March 2011
    In my experience mods / traffic wardens were probably bullied at school, i hope they are not going to suddenly become power mad, on a serious not, the list does not represnt a cross section of the community very well, like where are the ladymods or the idiot mods?
  • edited March 2011
    Tim: "Team Leader don't mean anything mate"
    Gareth: "Excuse me, it means I'm leader of a team"
    Tim: "No it doesn't. It's a title someone's given you to get you to do something they don't want to do for free - it's like making the div kid at school milk monitor. No one respects it"
    Gareth: "Er I think they do"
    Tim: "No they don't Gareth"
    Gareth: "Er yes they do, cos if people were rude to me then I used to give them their milk last... so it was warm."
  • edited March 2011
    Tim: "Team Leader don't mean anything mate" Gareth: "Excuse me, it means I'm leader of a team" Tim: "No it doesn't. It's a title someone's given you to get you to do something they don't want to do for free - it's like making the div kid at school milk monitor. No one respects it" Gareth: "Er I think they do" Tim: "No they don't Gareth" Gareth: "Er yes they do, cos if people were rude to me then I used to give them their milk last... so it was warm."
    Posted by scotty77
    Was that all memorised????? lol

V Impressive if it was.

Office quiz ftw. 

Name your stakes.
  • edited March 2011
    In my experience mods / traffic wardens were probably bullied at school, i hope they are not going to suddenly become power mad, on a serious not, the list does not represnt a cross section of the community very well, like where are the ladymods or the idiot mods?
    Posted by loonytoons

Present and accounted for... SIR 

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker - Meet the Mods : Present and accounted for... SIR 
    Posted by Mod_JockBM
    where is sky_mod4 now? have you taken over them? its gone from tunisia then egypt, then libya, the revolutions are spreading everywhere now!!
  • edited March 2011

No AceBarry...he must be devastated.

On  a serious note, does this mean pictures will be approved quicker? As some fun threads are useless for 8hrs until they get approved.
  • edited March 2011
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB

Thanks Plopper, I thought that I'd offer to help out where I can.  What's the worst that can happen eh?

Thanks for posting up this list and being open about it. It carn't be an easy job at times, so I hold my hat out to you all. There are a few of my EX friends on that list :) PS....which one of you closed my 'guess the mod thread'?
    Posted by MAXALLY

Alan, look forward to moderating you in the near future.  If I can get directions to your posts it would be appreciated. :-)

Off to moderator HQ I go...

• edited March 2011
    No AceBarry...he must be devastated. On  a serious note, does this mean pictures will be approved quicker? As some fun threads are useless for 8hrs until they get approved.
    Posted by Norbit

That has to be done by Sky employees as the management console (which includes photo approvals) is only accessible within their network.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker - Meet the Mods : That has to be done by Sky employees as the management console (which includes photo approvals) is only accessible within their network.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    yea then they get deleted. Oops mustnt mention that word.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker - Meet the Mods : yea then they get deleted. Oops mustnt mention that word.
    Posted by lucy4
    They get deleted if they're not suitable, Lucy.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker - Meet the Mods : They get deleted if they're not suitable, Lucy.
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    ....or in any way humorous. You have murdered this forum Dave.
  • edited March 2011
    No mod acebarry sigh

wd all the new mods and gl

i guess modhoggers was too much of a risk, and as for modohhhhhhh more chance of modmickjenn imo

:)
  • edited March 2011
    No mod acebarry sigh wd all the new mods and gl i guess modhoggers was too much of a risk, and as for modohhhhhhh more chance of modmickjenn imo :)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Hi hoggers

was offered the chance, but for personal reasons had to say no :), and sorry to disapoint  Alan :)
  • edited March 2011
    No AceBarry...he must be devastated. On  a serious note, does this mean pictures will be approved quicker? As some fun threads are useless for 8hrs until they get approved.
    Posted by Norbit
    +1 the time it takes to approve pics is annoying somrtimes
  • edited March 2011
    All rise for Sir Noseybonk!

Well done mate, fantastic choice and i'm sure you will do a great job 

:)

AAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAA
  • edited March 2011
    All rise for Sir Noseybonk! Well done mate, fantastic choice and i'm sure you will do a great job  :) AAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAA
    Posted by Neildown
    Cheers mate, I'll certainly do my worst!
    Think I'll close all threads except my own :-)

• edited March 2011
    Excellent Idea!!!

A truly thankless task at times so very well done for stepping up and agreeing to take on the challenge!!!

GL Guys -
    May the forum be happy and your deletions few ;o)

xx