You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

To buyin for the maximum To not buyin for the maximium

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi I often thought that i should always buyin for the maxium otherwise you will not get the maxium from a winning pot. But, the flip side to this you can lose alot more say if ur kk run into pocket AA.

So, recently i have tried buying in at half the maxium. It seems that when i get a cooler of something like that, dont lose such a big amount, and then i can rebuy with half the amount again. Also im only one double up away from the maxium anyway

Just wondering about what peoples thoughts are on the subject...

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Surely if you want to be a winning player you have to take a more positive attitude? All very well minimising your losses when KK v AA, but then you cant maximise your profits AA v KK !

I think you will find all of the top cash players buy in for the max and top up if it drops below 90%. But they have great skills in controlling the size of the pot when necessary.

Also they play differently when up against a player with only half the max stack. They will adjust their betsizes so that often you are priced in to call when they have the goods, where with a larger stack you would have the equity to fold a marginal hand.
  • edited March 2011
    Exactly what Penguin7 says.

Tony your advice is too good. I salute you sir.

Erm anyways, Hamster im sure ive seen you at NL4 a few times, anyways, this level you really want max value imo. Simply because of the level of play. I rekon if your really tthat confident, 4 tabe all at the max so £16 in play and for the times you get outdrawn you have 3 other tables making simple profits.