You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Re: Final Hand from February VLV Final

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat

First time post here, hopefully about to clear up some drama!

Was brought to my attention today during a DYM that there had been some fallout following the final hand of February's Viva Las Vegas Final. From what I understand it was not neccassarily due to the hand itself, but rather to someone having written "CALL CALL CALL" in the chat box.

However, after we got down to about 4 players (think it might have been after the now infamous aa vs kk hand) I decided to switch the chat off (apart from the occasional ul, gg etc).

So in other words I was not at all aware that this had been written in the chatbox and can understand that it may have looked like this had influenced my decision to call. My apologies go to hurst05.

I hope that helps clear things up. I of course understand why this has caused some anger and would undoubtedly have been furious myself if people not involved in the tournament had been influencing play in which my seat in the main event had been on the line.

Cheers folks, and again unlucky to hurst05

Jonny

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Final Hand from February VLV Final:
    First time post here, hopefully about to clear up some drama! Was brought to my attention today during a DYM that there had been some fallout following the final hand of February's Viva Las Vegas Final. From what I understand it was not neccassarily due to the hand itself, but rather to someone having written "CALL CALL CALL" in the chat box. However, after we got down to about 4 players (think it might have been after the now infamous aa vs kk hand) I decided to switch the chat off (apart from the occasional ul, gg etc). So in other words I was not at all aware that this had been written in the chatbox and can understand that it may have looked like this had influenced my decision to call. My apologies go to hurst05. I hope that helps clear things up. I of course understand why this has caused some anger and would undoubtedly have been furious myself if people not involved in the tournament had been influencing play in which my seat in the main event had been on the line. Cheers folks, and again unlucky to hurst05 Jonny
    Posted by terrell08
    Cheers for coming onto the forum to clarify the situation Jonny. Good man.
    *edit - Oh, and well played and good luck in Vegas!!!
  • edited March 2011

Nice Post, Jonny, thank you.

Mother has been trying to ring you today, to sort out your plane tickets & stuff, she got no reply earlier - did she catch up with you eventually?

• edited March 2011

glad this is getting cleared up.

Weldone btw terrell and good lucky in Vegas

• edited March 2011
    Better late then never ;)

VWD firstly for VLV have a fantastic time and run good, also secondly for coming on here to confirm that it didnt affect your decision
  • edited March 2011

Ahh cheers Tikay, shall give "mother" a wee ring back!

And thanks guys, cannot wait to get out there and take it all in

• edited March 2011
    I got back on the vegas trail last night, qualified for this sundays semi-final via the QTR. so i really hope to be joining you on the plane.

never the less good luck in vegas.
  • edited March 2011
    I got back on the vegas trail last night, qualified for this sundays semi-final via the QTR. so i really hope to be joining you on the plane. never the less good luck in vegas.
    Posted by hurst05
    Nice one mate! I'll be keeping tabs on your progress, hopefully be seeing you on the plane as you say.
  • edited March 2011
    unfortunatly terrell mother couldnt get hold of you and so has given your prize to the next person down!! dont worry though , you can try again this mnth.
  • edited March 2011

Sim breathes a sigh of relief...

Nice post Terrell i watched you play that final and you were very agro and played with no fear! That will stand you in great stead when you get to vegas so go for it and run deep in the ME!

I also hope Hursty makes it too.

GL!

• edited March 2011
    I too was railing the FT of the vegas final and as gregg has said  you fully deserve your place in vegas and i wish you the best of luck mate.

I also want to wish the best of luck to hursty and i really hope you get your place also,i mean after that comeback from less than 300 chips was truely awesome xx
  • edited March 2011
    Sim breathes a sigh of relief... Nice post Terrell i watched you play that final and you were very agro and played with no fear! That will stand you in great stead when you get to vegas so go for it and run deep in the ME! I also hope Hursty makes it too. GL!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Damn right! But still no excuse eh...
  • edited March 2011
    Ahh cheers Tikay, shall give "mother" a wee ring back! And thanks guys, cannot wait to get out there and take it all in
    Posted by terrell08
    Sorry I've missed your call this time.... will ring again tomorrow :)